Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

I was actually thinking yesterday that I had blatantly cursed him with my over the top defence of the lad and he was destined never to score for us :lol:

I've had a bit of grief for 'defending' him as well. When he was at West Ham, I was thinking that he was the kind of striker that we could do with.

He hit the ground running at West Ham, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he was going to when he joined us. He didn't have a great pre-season, and I'm sure Ramadan didn't help things, but I think he has the attributes and the record to suggest that he is an effective striker...

In The People today -

Headline: Ba Humbug - scrooge Pardew fails to hail Demba hat-trick

In the same article they insinuate that because he says "I thought best was just as good as demba, he could have easily scored a couple himself" that he was somehow having a dig at Ba despite later quoting Pardew saying about Ba "but he made a couple of cameos and today he was terrific. It wasn't just his goals but the way he helped us control the game"

Wtf? :lol:

In The People today -

Headline: Ba Humbug - scrooge Patdew fails to hail Demba hat-trick

In the same article they insinuate that because he says "I thought best was just as good as demba, he could have easily scored a couple himself" that he was somehow having a big at Ba despite later quoting Pardew saying about Ba "but he made a couple of cameos and today he was terrific. It wasn't just his goals but the way he helped us control the game"

Who wrote it? I suspect I know the answer.

In The People today -

Headline: Ba Humbug - scrooge Patdew fails to hail Demba hat-trick

In the same article they insinuate that because he says "I thought best was just as good as demba, he could have easily scored a couple himself" that he was somehow having a big at Ba despite later quoting Pardew saying about Ba "but he made a couple of cameos and today he was terrific. It wasn't just his goals but the way he helped us control the game"

The People you say, I assume Alan Oliver wrote that report?

First goal was quality, seems Ba & Best can and like to turn defenders inside the box creating some great angles to unleash their shots.

B&B must continue to start games together when fit, there is a great (for our level) striking partnership to be had in there, and it will only get better.

'well done Demba lad' +1

Looks the part like. If you built a footballer it would be in the shape of Demba Ba.

His first and third goal showed all the class of a goalscorer, the second was a sitter. Got to expect him to score against Wolves nest week, or is it Bestys turn?

Looks the part like. If you built a footballer it would be in the shape of Demba Ba.

His first and third goal showed all the class of a goalscorer, the second was a sitter. Got to expect him to score against Wolves nest week, or is it Bestys turn?

You know what? The best thing about that is I really don't know. I can see both players getting goals, I'd have to toss a coin to decide which one gets the first  :smug: