Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Who was the last player to get 2 hattricks in a season for us btw? Has to be a long time since.

Andy Cole scored 4 hattricks in 93-94

So Ba is halfway. The heat is on. :pow:

Cole only got 2 in the league mind.

Why the hostility? Because he failed a medical there?

In January Stoke bid £6m for him (Not £9m as Eric Morecambe in a baseball cap was claiming) as he'd had a fallout at Hoffenheim. He agreed terms with them and then flew to Stoke to have his medical. During the course of said medical, they decided the knee injury he suffered in Belgium (At Muscron I think?) was too much of a risk for their money.

They then went on to spend £14m on Crouch and Cameron Jerome (who've scored 2 goals thus far).

:lol:

Hope you don't have owt against Eric Morecambe though  :knuppel2:

Guest Howaythetoon

He was shocking in his first few games but is bang upto speed now and scoring for fun and he now looks a very good all-rounder. That said, I still feel there is something lacking about his game and I cannot put my finger on it. I think he perhaps doesn't get as involved in the game itself as he could. I guess I'm saying he could do even more. Mind, I don't care as long as he's scoring. By the way the contribution of Best cannot be ignored who works hard and is a good foil for Ba.