Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

If he had a £7m buyout clause in his contract it would have been activated 5 days ago.

They were my initial thoughts too. Although ultimately I wouldn't be surprised if we gave him a clause on signing. Getting him for free and selling him for anything would be profit.

Guest Roger Kint

Wasn't there some crap going around a couple of weeks ago about Krul having a £7m buyout clause? Probably the same rumour but with different names inserted.

:idiot2:

Nice try but it could only have been in your mind.

There was definately a load of ITK idiots passing it off as fact over the Xmas period. Mainly twitter/FB muppets though.

Luckily for us, I think the rumours about his knee would stop bigger clubs ever going in for him, especially for big money. They had their chance when he was for free, they didn't take it and now he's ours. Game over.

Luckily for us, I think the rumours about his knee would stop bigger clubs ever going in for him, especially for big money. They had their chance when he was for free, they didn't take it and now he's ours. Game over.

If he keeps banging in goals and lasts a full season without any major injury troubles I would be surprised if someone didn't want to take a gamble on him.

Whilst that's true, you can't discount the fact that if a big club did come in for him the player himself would probably want to go. He seems like a decent, honest bloke but the lure of Champions League football, challenging for trophies and bigger wages will always take players away, irrespective of the fee.

Wasn't there some crap going around a couple of weeks ago about Krul having a £7m buyout clause? Probably the same rumour but with different names inserted.

:idiot2:

Nice try but it could only have been in your mind.

Strange reply

As I now realise - fortunately I must have missed the twitter crap.

Pretty ludicrous to think a rookie second choice keeper signing his first real contract could have such a clause inserted.

Now he's much less rookie and first choice may make it a possibility in the next contract.

Whilst that's true, you can't discount the fact that if a big club did come in for him the player himself would probably want to go. He seems like a decent, honest bloke but the lure of Champions League football, challenging for trophies and bigger wages will always take players away, irrespective of the fee.

So true, but fortunately I think the number of clubs in that bracket, i.e. more attractive than ourselves, is getting smaller thereby narrowing the chances of it happening.

That said if I were in charge of one of those clubs I'd fancy him because I can't see many better than him right now.

he'd also surely be on the radar for some of the continents clubs (who could afford him) if he keeps this shit up?  PSG have money to burn (and he's Parisian right?), then there's your German and Italian clubs who like to spend periodically, 20m for a striker like him is absolutely fuck all in this day and age.  fatash would sell for that in a heartbeat :(

hope he stays for years mind

Redknapp trying his best to tap Ba up.

http://www.london24.com/sport/tottenham/spurs_boss_admits_interest_in_newcastle_star_1_1170685

Spurs boss admits interest in Newcastle star

By Ben Pearce, Tottenham correspondent

Friday, January 6, 2012

1:52 PM

Harry Redknapp has admitted his interest in Newcastle striker Demba Ba, while suggesting that Tottenham will swoop for Gary Cahill if the defender’s move to Chelsea breaks down.

Speaking at this morning's press conference, the Spurs boss responded to the latest transfer rumours.

And Redknapp concedes that Ba, who has scored 15 goals for the Magpies so far this season, will have plenty of suitors in this months window.

"Demba Ba's done great hasn't he, everybody's looking at him suddenly," said the manager. "Anybody could have had him a year ago. Full credit to Alan Pardew, he took him.

"He's done a fantastic job, what a strike-rate he's got. He's probably the most in-form striker anywhere at the moment.

"They say there's a release clause in his contract, that's what we all hear. He's certainly done well and it will be interesting to see what happens there, but at the moment he's doing great things for Newcastle.

"He's off to play in the African Cup of Nations now [for Senegal], so he's going to be away for a month or so so that's a difficult one.

"At the moment Newcastle have got him and I'm sure Alan wants to keep him. He'd be disappointed if he had to lose him. He would be difficult to replace."

I've never known another manager given free reign to talk about other club's players to such an extent like. Cock.

Read it again and it's the most clear attempt to unsettle a player you'll ever see, it's not even thinly veiled, he even mentions the 'release clause' ffs :lol: