Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Dunno why everyone is worried, Ba is off now and won't be back till after the window closes. No one in their right mind will try to sign a player away for a month, especially a player with a question Mark over his knee to risk a career ending injury before he even gets a chance to play. We certainly wouldn't be giving them their money back. Also if he's in Africa, he's not available for talks, or the logistics become complicated, even moreso for a medical, and the medical couldn't be a rush job not with his history.

So we've got him till the end of the season, then 6 weeks later or so Harry is made England manager as england crash out of the 1st knockout stage in the euros. In that time if there is a clause I expect us to get rid of it, but in all honesty I don't think there is one. Maybe a release clause for relegation like wham but I doubt ashley would limit himself and fee after seeing what can be made from the likes of Carroll after one half a good season.

Wouldn't the  release clause more likely to be a relegation release clause like at West-Ham rather then a set transfer fee??

yes but when he was in preliminary talks with the hammers on a new contract, they were already relegated.  so im guessing he would have ask for a release claused based on how much the bid would activate a release or something in the shape of , 'failed promotion, release claused activated.'  some crap like that im guessing.

one last thing before I ignore this thread for the rest of jan

why would Ashley agree to a release clause? and how exactly was Ba in a position to demand a release clause when there wasn't exactly a big que of clubs trying to grab his signature when it was free and with his dodgy knee it wasn't exactly the strongest bargaining position in history

Well exactly. :snod:

I said earlier (along with everyone else, like yourself) that it would have been us in the driving seat when it game to contract details. I have no doubt about that.

It'll be a good contract that pleases both the player and agent...but it will not be full of special clauses that benefit the player.

you all make it sound like Ba was being picked up off the fucking street man...lets not forget ashley clearly wanted a striker without paying a fee so perhaps if his deal is heavily incentivised (sp) based on how much he plays, we had to agree to a minimum clause to 'get the deal over the line'?

this is exactly the point i came in here to make. we weren't doing Ba a favour by signing him, considering we desperately needed strikers it's perfectly feasible we gave him a release clause considering we signed him for free.

The one thing about Dekka is you know he will kick off at this! Fellow cockney or not!

Llambias -

"It's an absolute disgrace that Mr Redknapp thinks he can get away with talking about other clubs players like this

show us the money you teasing wanker"

Ba netted twice in a 4-2 defeat away at Norwich early in December, followed by a brace at home against West Brom, and he then broke the deadlock at Bolton on Boxing Day as the Magpies won 2-0.

I'm sure Ben Arfa scored first in that game.  Obviously not.  Fuck me for watching it on a dodgy Norwegian channel in the pub.  Messing with my mind.

Guest sicko2ndbest

The one thing about Dekka is you know he will kick off at this! Fellow cockney or not!

Llambias -

"It's an absolute disgrace that Mr Redknapp thinks he can get away with talking about other clubs players like this

show us the money you teasing w*****"

Under normal circumstances yes, but when we are potentially going to be exploited I think his blood will boil!

Ba netted twice in a 4-2 defeat away at Norwich early in December, followed by a brace at home against West Brom, and he then broke the deadlock at Bolton on Boxing Day as the Magpies won 2-0.

I'm sure Ben Arfa scored first in that game.  Obviously not.  f*** me for watching it on a dodgy Norwegian channel in the pub.  Messing with my mind.

Arfa scored first.

The age of twitter and social networking has ensured that transfer windows are even shitter than ever before. Too many idiots given a platform. I'd be astonished if any of our players had release clauses

Agreed on all counts. It would be ludicrous to us put low release clauses in considering it's something we prey on ourselves.

Great news about him being named Player of the Month. Richly deserved!

I'm sure Ben Arfa scored first in that game.  Obviously not.  f*** me for watching it on a dodgy Norwegian channel in the pub.  Messing with my mind.

Arfa scored first.

aye I know.  Its me criticising the shoddy journalism that frequently appears on the official site.