Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

As good as gone in the summer tbh.

Unless we offer him a new deal without the clause.

And of course a life time supply of Stawberry syrup!

Has this clause ever been confirmed? :lol:

The only source I have seen with 'substance' is that West Ham bint moaning about the clause THEY put into his contract and her wondering if he has something like that here.

PSG, ruining Ligue 1 like it's going out of fashion :(

They aren't though, yes they've got a lot of money, but their biggest signing has been Pastore. Admittedly they payed a fair whack, but they're top of Ligue 1 and have retained much of the squad they had last season.

If they sign Ba, they would at the very least after sell Hoarau, who is very similar to Ba but doesn't get the playing time as PSG prefer to play it on the deck. Yes if they offered £20m plus it is possible, but I can't see it in the immediate future.

This is happening time and time again now because we actually have good players. Positives, suppose.

You've nailed it really. Before 2004 it was before all of the mega money and the big 4 settled itself so that never really happened to us, upto last year after that we didn't really have the players top clubs would want, last 12 months though, we have, and not being in the elite group will always make us more vulnerable to big offers and for players to have their heads turned.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Better translation would be "Why not? It's not impossible" wouldn't it?

That's the way I'm seeing it at the moment. Guy is riding high in his football and has a lot of self belief. He'll think he can play for anyone right now. Certainly based on his 'interview' style with Sky Sports the other day.

They aren't though, yes they've got a lot of money, but their biggest signing has been Pastore. Admittedly they payed a fair whack, but they're top of Ligue 1 and have retained much of the squad they had last season.

If they sign Ba, they would at the very least after sell Hoarau, who is very similar to Ba but doesn't get the playing time as PSG prefer to play it on the deck. Yes if they offered £20m plus it is possible, but I can't see it in the immediate future.

Pastore who cost more than pretty much the same as all of the other transfers in France put together?

I'm not even a Ligue 1 fan but it's shit as fuck seeing team just spunk their way to success man, especialy when the league has  been a closish run thing the last 2/3 years.

If PSG came in with £20m offer tomorrow i'd think that was good business for us.

What constitutes good business?

Getting 35 million and then going on to strengthen the t.........

Oh shit, flawed!

Where's the flaw like?

Pastore who cost more than pretty much the same as all of the other transfers in France put together?

I'm not even a Ligue 1 fan but it's s*** as f*** man especialy when the league has  been a closish run thing the last 2/3 years.

He did but is it any different to City paying x amount for whoever they wish. They've signed Gameiro from Lorient, Matuidi from St Etienne and Menez (who was struggling at Roma). Add to that a GK that was needed because of Coupet retiring, and Milan Bisevac a defender from Valenciennes who is used in rotation.

To sum up, aside from Pastore, who by all accounts is still adapting to the league, they've hardly broke the bank.

Guest Heneage

I'm not even a Ligue 1 fan but it's s*** as f*** seeing team just spunk their way to success man, especialy when the league has  been a closish run thing the last 2/3 years.

That's what is funny though, they've bought a lot of players, Menez, Gamiero, Pastore, Sissoko and Matuidi etc, but they have no fluidity about them at all. That's in part because these guys don't all speak the same language, but also because some of them are quite selfish, Menez and Pastore were quite big fish in their respective ponds, but now they're supposed to be equal components (I know the latter cost more) in the team.

Another bloody African with no grasp of loyalty. Sickening.

What the hell does this have to do with Africans you weirdo.  :lol:

These players all do it, so get the heck out of here.  :lol:

I'm not even a Ligue 1 fan but it's s*** as f*** man especialy when the league has  been a closish run thing the last 2/3 years.

He did but is it any different to City paying x amount for whoever they wish. They've signed Gameiro from Lorient, Matuidi from St Etienne and Menez (who was struggling at Roma). Add to that a GK that was needed because of Coupet retiring, and Milan Bisevac a defender from Valenciennes who is used in rotation.

To sum up, aside from Pastore, who by all accounts is still adapting to the league, they've hardly broke the bank.

Which is also toss.

I guess we'll see how they deal with the UEFA regulations but IMO hopefully they'll continue to embarrass themselves in european competition like they did this time out. (unlikely like)