Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

I hope the club continue to stay quiet and ignore the speculation.

Press are desperate to stir things up.

Have to disagree, the fans are obviously getting unsettled by all this talk. If Ba hasn't got a ridiculous clause the club should put the fans mind at rest and tell Harry/the press to go spend a night at Bramble's house.

The fans are unsettled because of what the club has done in the past.

When have we put in stupidly low release clauses? ???

I thought this ownership was all about selling our players for as much as we could, not letting everyone else have a bargain at our expense?

When have we previously signed a player on a free who has failed two medicals with a known knee problem? The club want to minimise financial risk if at all possible, in order to get Ba here (and therefore not need to spend any money up front) I've absolutely no doubt they accepted a number of compromises.

Why does this s*** keep happening to us . Why can't we just keep a good inform striker for once.

Remember that chap we managed to keep hold of for long enough to become our record goalscorer?

Big Al was abit of an exception like.

I've just realized that Redknapp has never won a major domestic cup.  So much hype for someone who will always end-up several yards short of the finish line.

FA Cup with Portsmouth.

OK, but still... against Cardiff :lol:

Aside from M'United they had a stroll to the final.

Guest bimpy474

I've just realized that Redknapp has never won a major domestic cup.  So much hype for someone who will always end-up several yards short of the finish line.

Erm FA cup with Portsmouth.

His best achievement was nearly getting relegated with half the current England team.

If there's a release clause and the player is interested in leaving, then his agent will have circulatated the news anyway. Redknapp is out of order in making a drama out of the situation, but I don't think anything has changed from the practical point of view.

With Ba at the African Nations Cup, I can't see him leaving in January. A departure in the summer looks quite possible though.

Just got hilarious images in my head of Llambias stumbling around a busy Bata city centre in shorts and t-shirt, sweating his balls off, clutching a map trying to find the Senegal team hotel, proper Englishman abroad.

Cockney yid in a canoe, paddling up the Limpopo. Wait till he finds out he's several thousand miles in the wrong direction, oy.

Surely NUFC have reported him by now.

I'm not one wishing for bad things to happen to other people, but if he happened to accidentally trip in the kitchen and cheese grate hiss face off, I wouldn't shed a tear.

Hopefully.

We didn't seem to have a great deal of competition. Not sure how a low release clause would benefit Ba more than wages he would get signing for someone on a free ???

Look how much we demanded for Carroll. A clause like this gives him all the power if he does the business, which he has. Gives him pick of the best clubs, without having to hope one of them stumps up what we're asking.

Oh, and irrespective of his fitness and form up to now I still don't think we'd be willing to give him an enhanced, 'normal' contract as we did with Tiote. Too much risk.

Meh, I'm not bothered. Think he'll stay this month and be gone in the summer.

Guest elbee909

Howay pards. Hit him with some cockney banter, or even better, fuck his wife.

Or his son's wife.  Minimum nosh clause.  I've heard it's five pounds.  Go on media, jump on that shit.