Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

If the clause exists he'd be gone already. At least, that's what I choose to believe.

unlikely people will sign a player with a 'dodgy knee' prior to the ACoN imo...those pitches are a fucking disgrace to humanity, it wouldn't make sense even at a knockdown price imo

I assume this isn't Ba's first ACN?

Would the clubs all agree to hold fire on a bid until the ACN is over then battle for his signature? £5m for a £25m forward is a worthwhile gamble. Liverpool were willing to gamble £35m on a striker with half a seasons experience and a few injuries himself to put this into context, in fact if you looked at how many games Carroll has missed through injuries the last 2 years compared to Ba I would be surprised if Carroll's wasn't actually worse.

well, in response to this and oldtype then the question outstanding is why haven't spurs or anyone else bid?  it's a crazy low price, i agree, so what's stopping them?

If the clause exists he'd be gone already. At least, that's what I choose to believe.

unlikely people will sign a player with a 'dodgy knee' prior to the ACoN imo...those pitches are a fucking disgrace to humanity, it wouldn't make sense even at a knockdown price imo

It is.

Fair enough :lol:

Would the clubs all agree to hold fire on a bid until the ACN is over then battle for his signature? £5m for a £25m forward is a worthwhile gamble. Liverpool were willing to gamble £35m on a striker with half a seasons experience and a few injuries himself to put this into context, in fact if you looked at how many games Carroll has missed through injuries the last 2 years compared to Ba I would be surprised if Carroll's wasn't actually worse.

well, in response to this and oldtype then the question outstanding is why haven't spurs or anyone else bid?  it's a crazy low price, i agree, so what's stopping them?

It not being true :dontknow:

[wildly optimistic]Because the clause doesn't exist?[/wildly optimistic]

That would mean going for him in the summer since obviously the window will be closed by the time he gets back.

Guest neesy111

If it existed and was well known then I'd assume a club would have taken a gamble on bidding for him.  5M isn't much in today's (crazy) market.

he is not gone yet because he is waiting for the best offer.  Again i find it hard to believe we restart our striker hunt suddenly .  The worst case could.be that a.few.clubs already matched the clause and we are forced to buy a new one withkn rwenty days.

The clause is definitely lower than it should.be even considering his.knees. however ashley.co could accept that if signjng Ba could.save the club the cost of.buying another striker. Ba is actually a contingency plan and it kinda worked.

Things all add up logically i would.say.

to this and oldtype (again): this makes even less sense man, unless i'm wrong these are direct quotes from redknapp, if there's no clause what's his end game?  unsettle the player...doesn't matter does it we'd still not sell him cheaply so it gets him very little

then again what does him going public with a clause get him anyway?  he's just alerting other clubs that can pay more than spurs about his availability

perhaps he's in ba's agent(s) pocket? ???

In short -

* Second most prolific striker in the league.

* Can score all sorts of goals, including a mean dead ball and calm as you like on penalties.

* Other than goals works hard and is useful all over the pitch.

* At 26 years old is still young.

* Despite having knee problems has managed around 30 games a season resulting in 15 goals a season average.

* Available for £5m

Why would clubs not have bid as soon as they could? Why let his go off to the ACN where negotiations would then be difficult? Why let other clubs steal a march on you? Why is Redknapp talking but not acting when his best forward is on loan with no realistic chance of signing permanently?

I just don't buy it at all  :undecided:

to this and oldtype (again): this makes even less sense man, unless i'm wrong these are direct quotes from redknapp, if there's no clause what's his end game?  unsettle the player...doesn't matter does it we'd still not sell him cheaply so it gets him very little

then again what does him going public with a clause get him anyway?  he's just alerting other clubs that can pay more than spurs about his availability

You said it best yourself. If the clause exists, it doesn't make sense for him to be saying these things. If the clause doesn't exist, it doesn't make sense for him to be saying these things. Both possibilities are equally unlikely if you try to analyze it from Redknapp's point of view.

Perhaps he's been misinformed? Perhaps it's not a straight-up minimum fee release clause? (A relegation release clause of 7m seems like it would make a lot of sense, given that the player in question has shown a preference for relegation release clauses in the past)

he is not gone yet because he is waiting for the best offer.  Again i find it hard to believe we restart our striker hunt suddenly .  The worst case could.be that a.few.clubs already matched the clause and we are forced to buy a new one withkn rwenty days.

The clause is definitely lower than it should.be even considering his.knees. however ashley.co could accept that if signjng Ba could.save the club the cost of.buying another striker. Ba is actually a contingency plan and it kinda worked.

Things all add up logically i would.say.

I wouldn't make that kind of assumption to be honest, not with him just going away for a month to play in the ACN.  Not only would it be awkward to get the deal done (especially trying to do a super thorough medical for a player with his knee problem over their) but it also means they'd miss their new signing for a month and he could also get injured over there and never play for them.  You might say so what its only £5/£6m or whatever, but the fact is if he moved he'd want a better deal then he's getting here, and a big signing on fee and likely a longer contract.  No doubt you'd be talking about an outlay of at least £20m.

Really don't understand Redknapp's motivation here. I think he's just been fed speculation by Brady and run with it. Whoever said about Brady being bitter about Ba and now Tompkins could be right.

Mind you if the clause exists us keeping quiet rather than admiting it suggests we are trying to avoid selling him which makes a change at least. He won't move this window I'm sure.

why did this only come out at like 10pm? seems a fairly big story? was it said in yesterday's press conference or just hanging outside harry's car window?

Seems likely to me, considering it's only two lines.

perhaps the clause does exist, but has a specific time frame, ie, he can leave in  the summer but not half way through his first season?  i totally go along with those who say redknapp gains nothing - directly - from piping up, so maybe its shit stirring and keeping his friends at at sky happy by making news for them on the weekend espn have all the footy?  if the story lasts until the prem games are being played, maybe not, but for now this is giving sky sports news exactly what they want, when they want it?

You said it best yourself. If the clause exists, it doesn't make sense for him to be saying these things. If the clause doesn't exist, it doesn't make sense for him to be saying these things. Both possibilities are equally unlikely if you try to analyze it from Redknapp's point of view.

Perhaps he's been misinformed? Perhaps it's not a straight-up minimum fee release clause? (A relegation release clause of 7m seems like it would make a lot of sense, given that the player in question has shown a preference for relegation release clauses in the past)

Whether it's true or not, Spurs aren't after him. If they were they wouldn't be making such a show of it all. Harry's aim is simply to disrupt a rival, you'd have thought.

perhaps the clause does exist, but has a specific time frame, ie, he can leave in  the summer but not half way through his first season?  i totally go along with those who say redknapp gains nothing - directly - from piping up, so maybe its s*** stirring and keeping his friends at at sky happy by making news for them on the weekend espn have all the footy?  if the story lasts until the prem games are being played, maybe not, but for now this is giving sky sports news exactly what they want, when they want it?

To be fair. SSN  played it down well earlier suggesting Ba wants to stay.

In short -

* Second most prolific striker in the league.

* Can score all sorts of goals, including a mean dead ball and calm as you like on penalties.

* Other than goals works hard and is useful all over the pitch.

* At 26 years old is still young.

* Despite having knee problems has managed around 30 games a season resulting in 15 goals a season average.

* Available for £5m

Why would clubs not have bid as soon as they could? Why let his go off to the ACN where negotiations would then be difficult? Why let other clubs steal a march on you? Why is Redknapp talking but not acting when his best forward is on loan with no realistic chance of signing permanently?

I just don't buy it at all  :undecided:

Makes sense, i suppose we will find out for sure over the next few days( atleast i would expect so)

I just hope the club go public with this and shut the saggy c*nt up once and for all.

as i've said, would really like to see the club go public on this to shut it down asap

On Saturday, Pardew was asked about Ba's supposed clause but he dodged the question.

We need some sort of comment from Llambias really.

as i've said, would really like to see the club go public on this to shut it down asap

On Saturday, Pardew was asked about Ba's supposed clause but he dodged the question.

We need some sort of comment from Llambias really.

Comes to something when we're relying on that parrot-faced cunt