Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Graeme Bailey -

Demba Ba situation will be resolved in next 48 hours, terms agreed with both #nufc & #efc but looks set for Toon, but they want it done ASAP

sounds like hard bargaining from our lot, hope it works. reading between the lines, looks like he prefers us but we're playing hard ball over the agents fees and they've set up everton as an alternative to try and make us pay up. not sure it'll work though as i get the feeling ashley wants us to have a reputation for not bowing to things like agents fees.

Probably one of the few situations where Ashley holds the moral highground.

possibly, i'm not altogether sure morals have anything to do with it though

Graeme Bailey -

Demba Ba situation will be resolved in next 48 hours, terms agreed with both #nufc & #efc but looks set for Toon, but they want it done ASAP

sounds like hard bargaining from our lot, hope it works. reading between the lines, looks like he prefers us but we're playing hard ball over the agents fees and they've set up everton as an alternative to try and make us pay up. not sure it'll work though as i get the feeling ashley wants us to have a reputation for not bowing to things like agents fees.

Probably one of the few situations where Ashley holds the moral highground.

possibly, i'm not altogether sure morals have anything to do with it though

Well highground nonetheless, he's right not to give in to their ridiculous demands.

Guest Antec

I think one thing we can be sure about is that Ashley won't be messed around by anyone who he considers is taking the piss. There'll be good and bad consequences from that, obviously.

Agreed

I think one thing we can be sure about is that Ashley won't be messed around by anyone who he considers is taking the piss. There'll be good and bad consequences from that, obviously.

i agree too. if only his taking the piss radar was more finely tuned

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/45057000/jpg/_45057360_kinnear_pa416.jpg

:dontknow:

Frankly just getting tired of this deal. His agent (or 2 agents?), his apparently huge demands... just decide one way or another. I'd happily have him but he's not worth breaking the bank over.