Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Off day, but he was playing left back at times.

Still a vital part of the trifecta.

Absolutely, when he's going forward he's taking at least two defenders with him. Which creates space for us.

If he scored today or even last week then I don't think Sky would have tried to make a meal out of the situation. But did anyone see him on the bench when Cisse scored the second? He looked quite miserable to say the least.

As Rob Lee said, it's what happens next season that could dictate.

I feel sorry for him playing on the left, really wasted there, and today, it seemed to invite a lot of pressure onto us today.

But the formation works.

Look at the German national side for example - I'd say Podolski is wasted on the left wing there as well. But the formation works and the team does great. That's the most important thing. It isn't about Ba's goals. It's about NUFC's goals.

I feel sorry for him playing on the left, really wasted there, and today, it seemed to invite a lot of pressure onto us today.

But the formation works.

Look at the German national side for example - I'd say Podolski is wasted on the left wing there as well. But the formation works and the team does great. That's the most important thing. It isn't about Ba's goals. It's about NUFC's goals.

Pretty much this.

games against liverpool and swansea away are going to put more emphasis on holding shape and defending so the kind of fluid interplay and switching of positions we saw vs Brom isn't going to happen. When ba or cisse drifted out wide it was to defend the flanks rather than craft space in attack. and it wasn't as a result of organic dove-tailing but pardew instructing them to hold shape - totally different jobs even if they end up in the same part of the pitch. Even when Ba ended up going central he was totally isolated because we just couldn't get on the ball for sustained periods.

the front 3 is a work in progress but Ba can totally make it work and score goals in a wider position. as others said he played there at times in germany (check out a rather impressive gif of him, ibisevic and obasi) and for west ham. we've not really played football on the ground too much this season but the more we do it the better we should get.

Ba played more in the center today then Papiss, atleast when both of them were on the field together. He looked rather frustrated of not getting chances, not getting the touch of the ball. And I can really see that as their nippy midfield trio just passed amongst themself and their defence.

If he doesn't score again this season I won't be remotely worried. He has been playing well bar the odd game and we have someone scoring for fun.

Too much emphasis on him getting a goal.

But the formation works.

Sums it up perfectly.

But the formation works.

Sums it up perfectly.

:thup:

if Ba does go in the summer (please NO). who should we look at to replace him on the left hand side of our forward 3?

Can we please start talking about that when he's gone? Enjoy the moments we've got instead of worrying about the future just yet. :thup:

if Ba does go in the summer (please NO). who should we look at to replace him on the left hand side of our forward 3?

Can we please start talking about that when he's gone? Enjoy the moments we've got instead of worrying about the future just yet. :thup:

:thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup:

If he doesn't score again this season I won't be remotely worried. He has been playing well bar the odd game and we have someone scoring for fun.

Too much emphasis on him getting a goal.

You're totally right. What is it about Ba that makes people think he's not happy being part of a winning team ffs?

i 100% agree, but these are the things that management need to consider. so just trying to double guess them. personally i think he'd have signed a new contract if he was gonna be here beyond the summer.

im more of a half empty than half full kinda guy though.

i 100% agree, but these are the things that management need to consider. so just trying to double guess them. personally i think he'd have signed a new contract if he was gonna be here beyond the summer.

im more of a half empty than half full kinda guy though.

Let Llambias, Ashley, Carr and Pardew consider it. We're "only" the supporters. We can't plan, we can't influence (transfers). Instead, we can enjoy a great victory with beer before, during and after the game.

Exactly, its about the team. And I wouldnt say he's been shoved out there either - he has the attributes to make it work, as shown in some games where hes played well, shown good feet, worked hard, looked a threat, and had chances. And they all switch positions through out the game anyway so its fluid - its not like he's playing as a winger in a 4-4-2. Its up to him, if he's more aggressive and gets his head up then it works for him and the team. If he's sulking because he dosent want to do something he clearly can do, and very well, then thats disapointing. Regarding the goal drought, no worries, hes a quality player and he'll score again regardless the formation - if he wants to. Like I said, its up to him, hes not going to score sulking.