Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Guest Howaythetoon

I can't believe how blase some are about Ba leaving, he is one of the best forwards in the game. I hope he stays because he is a top-class forward who on his day, can be world-class. Such players are rare, especially to Newcastle.

I think people are just frustrated, as he has not come out either way to say something. I think he does want to stay, but is waiting to see if a "super" club will be interested. I think his agents are more interested in him signing for Galatasaray than he is

I think it would take an amazing offer for him to leave us, unless he really hates playing the wide role that could well be a factor in all of this. I will be gutted if he left, but not sure he can be as effective wider as he was playing centrally.

Guest Howaythetoon

World class is too far but I agree in general, don't understand the blasé attitude to a talented and prolific forward leaving.

On his day he can perform to a world-class level no doubt about it, although in genarel he's really a top-class player rather than anything more. That is still more than good enough for us given we were delpoying the likes Harewood in the Championship only a few years back though.

Agree with both, I have a lot of faith in our scouting system but I think a few have a little bit too much faith.

Just my opinion but if his 16 goals (in 34? games) were more spread out over the season I think there would be more concern about him leaving. Also think his drought covered up or at least played down some very good performances in the second half of the season. He had a couple of shockers but overall he played well on that left hand side of the three.

World class is too far but I agree in general, don't understand the blasé attitude to a talented and prolific forward leaving.

On his day he can perform to a world-class level no doubt about it, although in genarel he's really a top-class player rather than anything more. That is still more than good enough for us given we were delpoying the likes Harewood in the Championship only a few years back though.

Even with him cooling off and playing wide for the second half of last season he still scored 16 goals. 1 in 2 overall. It's a mint return and has only been overshadowed by Cisse's form since he joined.

Not only is it difficult to find players to score at that rate but it's difficult to find a forward who has Ba's talent and allround game. He's streets ahead of say Oba and the incarnation of Owen we had, and those two cost us a fortune.

His ability shouldn't be in question. I think it's more the case that after the last minute Carroll sale and the carry on with Enrique, people are concerned Ba will string us along and then bugger off at the last minute, leaving us up sh*t creek. It's a valid concern and so far it looks like that's what he's doing. Perhaps he wants a better deal from NUFC or perhaps he's keeping his options open and that's why he's stalling on a new contract.

Despite media stories other players have verbally committed to the club through the media but there seems to be total silence from the Ba camp which will remind many of Enrique 12 months ago. That and the fact he has a release fee clause in his contract will remind people of Owen. I can't think of any other players we've had with such a clause? His failure to sign a new deal, silence in the press and the clause in his contract don't paint the picture of a fully committed player. That's a factor behind people's feelings. We don't know what's going on but it doesn't smell good.

His ability shouldn't be in question. I think it's more the case that after the last minute Carroll sale and the carry on with Enrique, people are concerned Ba will string us along and then bugger off at the last minute, leaving us up sh*t creek. It's a valid concern and so far it looks like that's what he's doing. Perhaps he wants a better deal from NUFC or perhaps he's keeping his options open and that's why he's stalling on a new contract.

Despite media stories other players have verbally committed to the club through the media but there seems to be total silence from the Ba camp which will remind many of Enrique 12 months ago. That and the fact he has a release fee clause in his contract will remind people of Owen. I can't think of any other players we've had with such a clause? His failure to sign a new deal, silence in the press and the clause in his contract don't paint the picture of a fully committed player. That's a factor behind people's feelings. We don't know what's going on but it doesn't smell good.

How many times has Ba said through different channels that he loves it here and wants to stay. It's not his fault if people chose to ignore what he is saying and chose to read between the lines based on some agent talk in trashy tabloid.

This is totally different from the Enrique situation. The club has not even put a contract offer (sans the clause) on the table.

Guest Tyson

Pretty well presented.

Aye, it's all in the plating.

Nothing too fancy, nothing too rustic either.

An accompanying reduction, or sauce, would elevate the dish to another level.

Why are they telling people to use hash tags on Facebook?

Anyway, wasn't part of the release clause supposed to be that he can only leave for a cut price before the 30th of June? Must be decision time if there's any substance in that.

People need to understand why ba has a clause.

For insurance reasons noone can buy him for much more than his clause states.

His release fee is the equivalent of Jelavic having a 20 million pound release clause.

His release fee is the equivalent of Jelavic having a 20 million pound release clause.

I don't get you.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Christ, man. Fuck your insurance. :lol: