Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Guest Bateman

Everyone kept going on about his knees last year like his fcking legs were going to fall off if he chased a ball.  Suffice to say he was more mobile than 99% of the rest of westhams squad, good movement and a good finisher.

If he didn't have this issue with his knees assume westham never could have signed him, unfort didn't keep us up but should put you top half, your building a good squad up there just hope we can come back up first attempt.

Really happy with Nolan, compared to the dross we signed last year, reid & barrerer for £8mln.

Guest Brazilianbob

Guys dont get me wrong, I seriously hope Ba is an overwhelming sucess, but I just cannot see that happening.  If he was as good as some think he is, why has he signed for us?  We are a run of the mill mid table side and he could have done so much better.  How come we were able to beat Everton to him?  Cant be because we are paying top wages can it?  No I will expect the worst and be ecstatic if he is a success.  Meanwhile I will continue to be pessimistic until facts prove that viewpoint is unsupportable!

Guest Heneage

Everyone kept going on about his knees last year like his fcking legs were going to fall off if he chased a ball.  Suffice to say he was more mobile than 99% of the rest of westhams squad, good movement and a good finisher.

If he didn't have this issue with his knees assume westham never could have signed him, unfort didn't keep us up but should put you top half, your building a good squad up there just hope we can come back up first attempt.

Really happy with Nolan, compared to the dross we signed last year, reid & barrerer for £8mln.

Are you concerned at all by the length of contract?

anyone want to hear my Ba medical story....if not just pass onto the next post.

picture the scene, RVI, christmas eve 1998. pregnant with our first child my wife had a threatened miscarriage. not knowing for a week if child (10weeks) is still there and we get an appointment for a scan at the RVI. all turns out well and I make a bit small talk with the consultant "must be noisy in here when the match is on" type stuff as we could see the ground from his window. turns out he's a fan and i mention it would be good to get inrahim ba in as he was due a medical. "he's not coming, he was in here last night and failed his medical".......bloody hell, insider knowledge. my wife had already said she was going straight to bed and sleep and had told to go out and celebrate with the lads, i couldn't wait, armed with my info.

"is it ok if i mention that about ba, is it top secret ?"

"not really, i got it off the back page of the journal this morning"

:doh:

Love your stories madras.  :laugh:

Guys dont get me wrong, I seriously hope Ba is an overwhelming sucess, but I just cannot see that happening.  If he was as good as some think he is, why has he signed for us?  We are a run of the mill mid table side and he could have done so much better.  How come we were able to beat Everton to him?  Cant be because we are paying top wages can it?  No I will expect the worst and be ecstatic if he is a success.  Meanwhile I will continue to be pessimistic until facts prove that viewpoint is unsupportable!

May aswell go and find another sport, mate.

Guest Sadoldgit

Not a coincidence that United never, that I remember, have had a african internation in their ranks.

Eric Djemba-Djemba.

Martins

Shola soon!!

Clueless guff.

I don't think I saw him play last season, and haven't seem him play ever, what's an objective opinion on his talents, position and what he can bring to the club?

Apologies if it's already been answered on here. I live in a different time zone, thus am too lazy to constantly go back when I load a thread :)

Guys dont get me wrong, I seriously hope Ba is an overwhelming sucess, but I just cannot see that happening.  If he was as good as some think he is, why has he signed for us?  We are a run of the mill mid table side and he could have done so much better.  How come we were able to beat Everton to him?  Cant be because we are paying top wages can it? 

http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/nechronical/may2011/7/6/demba-ba-642185831.jpg

wat.

Guest Brazilianbob

No chance mate, with NUFC I know they will always let me down whereas another sport might suck me in and make me reasonably optimistic, then cut me up and spit me out!

Clueless guff.

You've just completely contradicted your previous post there. :lol:

We identify quality players, ie gameiro and gervinho, who turn us down.  So rather than going for another big name striker, we sign Demba BA on a free transfer.

He must be shit cos he came to us :lol: What should our transfer policy be then, follow players until they agree to sign and then tell them they're obviously not good enough and to fuck off until they're willing to turn us down for a better team?

Clueless guff.

You've just completely contradicted your previous post there. :lol:

We identify quality players, ie gameiro and gervinho, who turn us down.  So rather than going for another big name striker, we sign Demba BA on a free transfer.

:dowie:

Guys dont get me wrong, I seriously hope Ba is an overwhelming sucess, but I just cannot see that happening.  If he was as good as some think he is, why has he signed for us?  We are a run of the mill mid table side and he could have done so much better.  How come we were able to beat Everton to him?  Cant be because we are paying top wages can it?  No I will expect the worst and be ecstatic if he is a success.  Meanwhile I will continue to be pessimistic until facts prove that viewpoint is unsupportable!

No chance mate, with NUFC I know they will always let me down whereas another sport might suck me in and make me reasonably optimistic, then cut me up and spit me out!

We've been a let down? Thought it has been a fantastic rollercoaster ride of a season meyself to be fair. :undecided:

People who aren't happy with him - if he had come direct from Germany would you be any happier as he would be an unknown and further proof to our new scouting teams powers?

I wouldn't have been happy because of his behavour he showed in his last few months at Hoffenheim.

Guest firetotheworks

He looks like he has that remarkable ability of having deflections fall perfectly for him, that's always a good quality in a player and something Andy Cole and Les Ferdinand had in abundance.

People who aren't happy with him - if he had come direct from Germany would you be any happier as he would be an unknown and further proof to our new scouting teams powers?

I wouldn't have been happy because of his behavour he showed in his last few months at Hoffenheim.

Well there are two sides to every story. He had been promised that he would be allowed to leave if certain conditions were met, then when it come down to it Hoffenheim backed out of their promises and refused to let him go. That´s his version of the events. Going on a strike is very childish but we don´t know what happened behind the scenes or how the interactions between Ba and the board went.

In any case we've got a 6-7m valued striker on a free, lets just be happy about that. Still need to sign a target man, despite his height I don´t really see Ba as a target man, at Hoffenheim he played a lot off Ibišević and as I´ve said I don´t think Ba is the ideal striker for a 4-5-1 formation so I can definitely see another striker being brought in and us playing 4-4-2 next season (even more so after we sold Nolan since as we all know he can´t play as a MC in a 4-4-2 formation without getting overrun).