Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Can't quite understand the vitriol directed towards VaVaVoom and those who agree with his views. So f*** if that's what they think? People are coming across as knobs not accepting others' views tbh.

For me July 31st can't come and go fast enough. Ba has given the illusion that he's nailed his flag to the mast, but even Pardew it seems isn't quite sure whether he'll have him for next season or not. I think our search for a striker (or two) is hanging in the balance until the Ba situation is finalized one way or the other. If the club wanted to keep him that badly they would have offered him a new contract that does away with this wretched clause. It seems that they are not fussed either way at the moment. I think Ba is a top top striker that we will struggle to replace, and I hope to f*** he stays. He holds the keys to his future though, and not NUFC, and it's not a situation I'm too comfortable with.

He is advocating replacing Ba with Sammy Ameobi, can you honestly not see why he is getting stick?

So what man? He's not saying Sammy is a better footballer in that. His point is that Sammy will be a lot happier (it seems) to play on the left, and will relish the role far more than Ba might. It's not a cut and dry situation.

Ba's knees are also a lurking ghost that could put a monkey wrench in our season if the situation isn't addressed by finding a player or two that could cover for that possibility should we get to keep him.

We need a striker or two anyway.

I would probably relish playing for Newcastle more than Cabaye but I wouldn't advocate my fat arse in the centre of our midfield no matter how many yards it would cover.

Sammy is promising but in no way ready to be a first choice player and to advocate him starting ahead of a player of Ba's quality is just stupid, imo.

All he wants is goals, he'll likely play wherever if he feels hes doing himself justice. Cisse just took his limelight & his missed pen at Sunderland prob knocked his confidence.

Fresh season again now, we've seen what the lad can do. He wont get his form back on the bench, we could have a ridiculous strikeforce with these two. Hopefully Pards sorts it out for the best.

Ba and Cisse up front in a 442 could be absolutely lethal. I just don't think we have the personnel to play the 4 in midfield. If we do manage to snare Debuchy though, that would change as we'd have the correct balance. Wait and see.

Fwiw i think he will be gone come the 1st of August. I wouldnt be too bothered neither.

Thanks for the goals and the 7mil Demba. Good luck and enjoy your massive contract.

We however go and bring in a new more versatile striker which we improve our already good 4321 system rather than tryin to find a way for him to work in it.

First time I've used the ignore function in a while. Sick of reading your drivel, bet dodging mug.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Fwiw i think he will be gone come the 1st of August. I wouldnt be too bothered neither.

Thanks for the goals and the 7mil Demba. Good luck and enjoy your massive contract.

We however go and bring in a new more versatile striker which we improve our already good 4321 system rather than tryin to find a way for him to work in it.

Don't diss Demba VaVa! The booboys will eat you alive

Guest Emerson Sheik

To question his morale or claim he wants a massive contract is a bit ridiculous. Demba Ba is happy at NUFC and as a striker he just wants to play in a central position where he can score goals. The second part of the season last year he played on the left wing. Was frustrated when substituted some times, mainly because he didn't score. But as I am aware he never refused to play in that position. Now, this season, he wants to play through the middle and score goals.

Alan Pardew: "He has said to me he wants some reassurance from me, he wants more of a striking role this season and I think he will. He played a couple of roles that were unorthodox for me last season to help the team, that’s the sort of person he is. He wants to play through the middle and score goals, that’s what he does best."

I can see him in the position Haris Vučkić played in, yesterday against Fenerbahçe.

People that want shot of Ba need their heads testing.

Can't believe how quickly some are ready to underestimate what he did for us last year. Short memories.

It's because we have Cisse. That's why.

(Not saying I agree with them, btw.)

People that want shot of Ba need their heads testing.

Can't believe how quickly some are ready to underestimate what he did for us last year. Short memories.

Agree. Played such a big part in our season. Bigger part than Cisse or HBA. Without Ba, we probably wouldn't have been in a situation to sign Cisse and Ben Arfa would probably have played for us looking just to get a top 10 finish.

Right...

I could get behind the idea of selling Ba if we were to replace him with a striker/winger type who would be happy out left. The fact that Demba seemingly doesn't want to play wide is a problem IMO, we played our best football last year in a 4-3-3 and if we had a player that could provide an upgrade on what Demba did out left for us in that system then you have to think about IMO.

I'm not talking about giving Sammy a go or putting Jonas out there or expecting Marveaux to do the business either. We'd want to be replacing him with a really, really exciting talent. Someone like Loic Remy for instance who we've been linked with.

Would also give us more flexibility to switch between systems if we have a player more versatile than Demba.

Selling Demba after one season here where he scored 16 goals is utterly fkn crazy, and not 16 goals in a full season but half a one. So he had a poor second half after the ACON.. SO WHAT!..  I am not to sure playing wider left is what caused the goals to dry up, he had plenty of chances to score more but had lost his edge and edge I am sure he can get back. I would be devastated to see him leave as would I think many of the players would be to, he seems immensely popular and a great help to all new French speaking players.

There's far too much importance placde on will he play left, will he play central, etc. I've said it before, but I'd hope that eventually we'll have a fluid and fully interchangeable front 3. We have 3 massively talented, but also diverse, forwards at the club currently and to tie them down to a rigid front three seems silly; they all offer different qualities and they're all very comfortable with the ball at their feet. We already saw signs of this last season; Demba spent a lot of time out wide and dropping deep to accommodate Cisse, but even before we had Cisse he looked his most effective when dropping deep (Man Utd at home being a shining example); Hatem would obviously relish a free role, he's undoubtedly at his most effective cutting in on his left from the right, but he also has a lot to offer playing through the middle and supplying the two big lads from the left; then in Cisse you have someone who genuinely looks like the complete forward, as well as being absolutely lethal in front of goal I can remember a couple times last season when he picked the ball up out wide and delivering a peach of cross.

There's far too much importance place on will he play left, will he play central etc. I've said it before, but I'd hope that eventually we'll have a fluid and fully interchangeable front 3. We have 3 massively talented, but also diverse, forwards at the club currently and to tie them down to a rigid front three seems silly; they all offer different qualities and they're all very comfortable with the ball at their feet. We already saw signs of this last season; Demba spent a lot of time out wide and dropping deep to accommodate Cisse, but even before we had Cisse he looked his most effective when dropping deep (Man Utd at home being a shining example); Hatem would obviously relish a free role, he's undoubtedly at his most effective cutting in on his left from the right, but he also has a lot to offer playing through the middle and supplying the two big lads from the left; then in Cisse you have someone who genuinely looks like the complete forward, as well as being absolutely lethal in front of goal I can remember a couple times last season when he picked the ball up out wide and delivering a peach of cross.

Spot on.