Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

I'd be seriously up for

Krul

Debuchey  Saylor  Colo    Santon

Tiote    Cabaye    Jonas

HBA

Cisse    Ba

Ben arfa free role, Debuchy and Santon Wingbacks really to compensate for lack of width up top. Wouldn't work all the time, when we want width should play different but can see it working. This is reliant on Debuchy coming or a good attacking fullback because otherwise we'd have no threat down that side and would just have to defend it, or ben arfa would just end up stuck there and it'd be lopsided.

I'd be seriously up for

Krul

Debuchey  Saylor  Colo    Santon

Tiote    Cabaye    Jonas

HBA

Cisse    Ba

Ben arfa free role, Debuchy and Santon Wingbacks really to compensate for lack of width up top. Wouldn't work all the time, when we want width should play different but can see it working.

It's funny because the 4-3-3 ends up like that at times anyway, when Ben Arfa comes inside Ba usually joins Cisse in the box and Santon takes the space Ba leaves.

In any case i have full faith in Pardew what ever system he wants to deploy i think we can make it work.

The thing that pleased me was the friendly against fenerbahce we used a 4-4-2 but we didn't hoof and they would usually be a striker dropping deep.

Some people will probably say that Ben Arfa HAS to be on the right, and i don'r agree. I think he's very good out on the right, no doubts about that, but we also forget that when he played in the position behind the striker/s he wasn't nearly as fit as he started to become when he got placed out on the right instead. Imo he didn't have the same confidence then either, i've played both positions myself and it's always easier to start on the right if you're not in form, there you can gain confidence more easily i think.

Wouldn't mind him in that position Tiresias, in a free role where he still can start from a wide position.

This would work a lot better as we'll have Santon and hopefully Debuchy to give us some width, we didn't have that when Ben Arfa played in the middle (unfit and no confidence as well)

Some people will probably say that Ben Arfa HAS to be on the right, and i don'r agree. I think he's very good out on the right, no doubts about that, but we also forget that when he played in the position behind the striker/s he wasn't nearly as fit as he started to become when he got placed out on the right instead. Imo he didn't have the same confidence then either, i've played both positions myself and it's always easier to start on the right if you're not in form, there you can gain confidence more easily i think.

Wouldn't mind him in that position Tiresias, in a free role where he still can start from a wide position.

This would work a lot better as we'll have Santon and hopefully Debuchy to give us some width, we didn't have that when Ben Arfa played in the middle (unfit and no confidence as well)

As long as we have a system that gives us defensive stability and attacking fluidity i dont think it matters where Hatem plays be it left, centre or right as long as he has the freedom to roam.

What we cant do is restrict him and make it easy for defenders to pick him up.

I agree 4-4-2 can be decent with passing, as long as it's against the right opposition it's fine and indeed ideal, against man u worked a treat, it's more us getting dismantled by Wigan that I want to avoid again. Cabaye needs to be given time on the ball, if midfield is overrun he can't. What pleases me though is that potentially we have a 4-4-2 that can shift without any substitutes, our standard 4-4-2 with jonas wide left and ba and cisse up top can shift if Jonas moves centrally and Ba goes out wide when required, and that should bolster midfield, and be doable on the fly.

Still not convinced, nowhere in that article does it say Newcastle United. He could easily mean he's looking forward to next season with Newcastle Jets. Think about it.

Luke Edwards ‏@LukeEdwardsTele

Call me a cynic but Ba's strongly worded pledge to stay at #nufc comes 4 days b4 his release clause expires. Why didn't he do this earlier?!

4:33 PM - 27 Jul 12

Luke Edwards ‏@LukeEdwardsTele

Someone representing Ba leaked the existence of release clause in Jan & he wanted to have a look at his options this summer.

4:35 PM - 27 Jul 12

:ronaldo:

Edwards showing off why he's a c*nt yet again  :huff:

He's been s***-stirring about this ever since it came out.

Yep and i don't quite get why, probably trying to get people to buy his rag. Also i would agree with the notion that was no clause at all if Pardew didn't admit there was a clause on various occasions lol.

Well I think Ba probably was keeping options open and looking around if anyone was interested, otherwise he would have just accepted a new contract already in all likelihood. He's been saying he's wanting to stay all summer, he may just have wanted to see if PSG wanted him I suppose.

I don't think he's suddenly some hyper loyal newcastle fan, but nor does that imply he's some evil money grabbing idiot either, Pards may have been right that it's not about money for Ba.

Edwards showing off why he's a c*nt yet again  :huff:

He's been s***-stirring about this ever since it came out.

TBF it sounds as if hes just found something out. Would'nt say that Ba has been saying that all summer. Edwards has a point, this statement is pretty strong compared to anything ese

The fact that Ba had that clause inserted is in itself an indication that he wanted to look at his options at the end of the season.

I still think if a good offer comes in from a CL club, he'll be off. I don't think that'll happen though.