Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

He's class at pens, but every time he takes one I still shit myself :lol:

Aye, as amazing as his pens have been it's always a surprise to me when he fires another unstoppable bullet into the corner.

He'll blatantly have a penalty to win us a trophy some day and make a complete fucking mess of it. :lol:

He's class at pens, but every time he takes one I still shit myself :lol:

Aye, as amazing as his pens have been it's always a surprise to me when he fires another unstoppable bullet into the corner.

He'll blatantly have a penalty to win us a trophy some day and make a complete fucking mess of it. :lol:

Just imagine the Europa League final this season - Shola to be the last penalty taker to bring it home. Awesome. :smitten:

Shearer was still a great penalty taker. I've never felt so confident in someone scoring, when he stepped up. Of course he missed a few but very few.

He always smashed his too, which is class.

Shearer was still a great penalty taker. I've never felt so confident in someone scoring, when he stepped up. Of course he missed a few but very few.

He always smashed his too, which is class.

I think he's similar to Lampard with his pens. Mainly goes for the power but switches his sides and can go and high and low. Both of them excellent penalty takers but both capable of the odd stinker however.

He clearly went through a shaky patch around 2003-04, I can remember not being as confident when he stepped up. But while his overall level of play heavily declined in his final two seasons, he seemed to regain his penalty powers.

Talking about penalty´s. I´m never confidence when Ba is stepping up to take a penalty. Was glad to see HBA take one.

Tbh. The only time a feel confidence when we have a penalty is when Shola is taking it :lol:

Sorry Demba for side tracking your thread by foolishly remembering Shearer as a good penalty taker.

I agree with what someone said about not being confident in Ba. For me I think that is 99.99% down to the Sundeland miss. For some reason I don't fancy Cisse as a pen taker either. In fact, coming to think of it there's very few in the current crop I would be able to watch comfortably stepping up to take a pen.

Shola is better than Shearer at penalties, but perhaps he learned from Shearer.

Apprentice becoming more powerful than the master.

On that basis I am expecting Sammy to be able to save and score penalties.

Shola is better than Shearer at penalties, but perhaps he learned from Shearer.

Apprentice becoming more powerful than the master.

On that basis I am expecting Sammy to be able to save and score penalties.

Score a penalty whilst riding a bike and eating an apple.

Although given the FAs views on tape that is a different colour to your socks, I don't know how well eating fruit during the game will go down.