Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

All of this is just utterly f***ing ridiculous. Mountain out of a molehill doesn't even begin to describe it; all of this has been fabricated by his dickhead agent and the dickhead press who are begging for an NUFC scandal.

Ba said he was annoyed about some things that had happened. Then he played brilliantly and scored two goals. He was visibly buzzing. Then said he was proud as punch to get the 1000th goal, as well as saying what a 'legendary club' Newcastle was.

What has ensued is complete f***ing bollocks. If we do end up losing him in the next two transfer windows, it'll be a prime example of 'exterior' factors forcing a player out. All of the coverage i've seen from the comments about 'wanting out' have been attributed to Ba himself - which is not only an exaggeration, but a plain lie. Ironic how they'll publish Tweets from his brother, a total nobody in the whole thing, yet fail to publish a positive comment from the player himself.

f***ing infuriating.

As of right now i'm not worried in the slightest tbh, just p*ssed off.

Spot on Yorkie. The sad thing is that some of us are already ready to throw him under the bus for the slightest expression of unhappiness even if he follows it up by praising the club. Perhaps some prefer the usual cliche where football players only say good things, never mind how bullshit it is. I see no reason for him wanting to leave us and even less reason for us to sell him/swap with a more versatile player or/and crap like that

Good posts.

It was well documented that the agents touted him around all over in the summer though, if he wasnt happy with that he'd get new agents, too much of this stuff goes on for Ba to be innocent imo.

He's not innocent. Reading between the lines, I'm sure he'd not be averse to increasing his pay packet and if the move was right he'd go. At the same time I think he likes it here and unless some club comes in and offers daft money he won't be going anywhere.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Ba's single minded attitude is what makes him so good, however there is an arrogance about him by all accounts. The way he never settled in in Germany and he jumped ship at first opportunity when west ham went down.

He was also responsible for the ruckus at the end of season doo at whu.

He kicked off with the Senegal coach now he's having a pop here.

I think he has the capacity to be a bad apple but not any more so than a Rooney, a Tevez or a Nasri.

I'll wait and see how this plays out but I don't think it will be the last we hear of it

Ba's single minded attitude is what makes him so good, however there is an arrogance about him by all accounts. The way he never settled in in Germany and he jumped ship at first opportunity when west ham went down.

He was also responsible for the ruckus at the end of season doo at whu.

He kicked off with the Senegal coach now he's having a pop here.

I think he has the capacity to be a bad apple but not any more so than a Rooney, a Tevez or a Nasri.

I'll wait and see how this plays out but I don't think it will be the last we hear of it

Aye he went on strike at Hoffenheim. Far from an angel.

It might well be a mountain out of a molehill but the only people responsible for it are Ba and his 'entourage'. Benched for 45mins to try something different and instantly his brother and agent are coming out and openly slagging off the decision, and Ba himself is talking about being unhappy about 'things' in a post-match interview? Ridiculous and unprofessional IMO. He's an excellent player but the manager picks the team, not the players.

Still, hopefully it passes over. At least we're outside the transfer window.

The club comes first at the end of the day. I'd expect him, as a professional footballer, to play out of position if it benefits the team. Wouldn't expect him to be too happy about doing it for an extended period in his defence and I've got no problem with him playing as CF with a point to prove and with a bit of grit and an edge as he did on Monday. Don't mind him being annoyed but keep it in private Demba, eh?

If he's still twisting in 9 months time then I'd be tempted to move him on and get someone else in who plays for the badge on the front of the shirt rather than the name on the back of it.

It might well be a mountain out of a molehill but the only people responsible for it are Ba and his 'entourage'. Benched for 45mins to try something different and instantly his brother and agent are coming out and openly slagging off the decision, and Ba himself is talking about being unhappy about 'things' in a post-match interview? Ridiculous and unprofessional IMO. He's an excellent player but the manager picks the team, not the players.

Still, hopefully it passes over. At least we're outside the transfer window.

:thup:

From his agents comments he's confused what happened after ACON & basically Ben Arfa is what happened. Demba was unfortunate that he lost a bit of form & Ben Arfa's best position was prioritized over his. This season we seem to be accommodating him to try Ben Arfa elsewhere to see if we can fit them all in with even better effect, hopefully we can long term.

'I have spoken to Demba (about his agent) and told him I was disappointed with some of the comments around him,' said Pardew. 'Sometimes it's out of his control and out of my control.

'But we know each other well enough, and I've got no problems with him, because he is a team player who wants to do his best for the team. He has always been like that. The situation with him is ongoing in terms of his contract, as there is that clause in there and it makes us vulnerable. That's where we are. It's still open in the next window.

'I just think the agent stuff was people saying things they shouldn't say, really. It doesn't really affect myself and Demba, because we've got a very good relationship.

'The bottom line is that you have to get your players to play at their best, and sometimes there are different methods for doing that.

'If I'm honest, he gave me exactly what I wanted (when he went on at Everton). But I knew there would be a response from him. Sometimes you've got to be honest, and I don't think he's played particularly well. The same can be said of Papiss Cisse, so he might have to deal with missing out next time.'

:thup:

Strange about this clause though.

Telegraph Sport understands Ba has been pushing for an improved contract at the end of a summer in which he was offered to clubs across Europe by people claiming to represent him, but Newcastle will not negotiate while he still has more than 18 months left on his current deal.

Figures.

Demba's entourage are a bunch of shit stirring knob heads like. You can't have this, just because a player is dropped to the bench for 45 minutes.

If Demba really thinks what his agent his saying, it's nothing short of a disgrace really. Look at the rest of the squad. Perch, Anita and Taylor being prime examples of players playing all over the place. Even Hatem has played mostly from the right when he made it clear he wanted to play through the middle.

Hopefully Pards quotes are right and it's just his agent being an arse.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/demba-ba-wants-huge-pay-1332759?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Demba Ba has been warned to slash his wage demands or risk his future at the club.

The Newcastle striker is in talks to replace his three-year deal, but has been told to ‘get real’ after seeking almost double his current £50,000-a-week package.

Boss Alan Pardew hauled Ba in for talks on Tuesday, and says he won’t be pressurised by outside moaning, or player power, when selecting his team.

The contract row puts into context this week’s outburst from Ba and his entourage.

Ba had complained he was “not happy with some things” at Newcastle after being dropped for the Everton game, before coming on and scoring twice.

His brother called Pardew “crazy” via Twitter, and his agent warned the player could leave if he was left on the bench.

Ba - who was left behind with other senior players for the Toon's Europa League group-phase opener at Portugal's Maritimo - is available in January for £7.5million, as the release clause which caused so much uncertainty over his future opens again.

Ba and Pardew still have a good relationship, and Pardew will unleash him against Norwich on Sunday, but he wants the Senegal international to control his entourage better.

Pardew said: “I’ve already spoken to Demba and I said I was disappointed with some of the comments around him, but sometimes it’s out of his control and out of my control. We know each other well enough.

“The situation with him is ongoing in terms of his contract, as there is that clause in there and it makes us vulnerable. That’s where we are - it’s still open in the next window.

“I just think people were saying things they shouldn’t say, really.

"It doesn’t really affect myself and Demba, we’ve got a very good relationship.”

Over the summer, clubs in Europe were put off paying the bargain fee because of Ba’s demands - said by sources on the continent to be more than £4m a year.

Pardew added: “The bottom line is that you have to get your players to play at their best and sometimes there are different methods of doing that.

“The truth of it is that there will be games that I go into with one striker, I’ll never steer away from whatever the opinion is around me, I’ll pick the side that I think is going to win the game.

“At any of the top clubs, you see the same thing. Van Persie has missed some games at Man United and we’re a big club, we’ve got to get results, thats our job.

“Players who play have got to try and get those results, irrespective of personal opinion it’s about what’s best for the team.

“It wasn’t just Demba. I”m just happy with the fact that everybody stepped up a level.

"We stepped up at Everton and challenged. We didn’t do that in the first half. The players deserve great credit for that. It’s not easy to do what they did and turn that situation around.

“I wasn’t tempted to bring Demba out here because I’d already made the decision and I’ll stick by that.

“If I’m honest, Demba gave me exactly what I wanted (at Everton). To be honest, I got that reaction at Everton, but I want it for Norwich!

“I’ve got no problems with Demba, because he’s a team player and he wants to do his best for the team.

"He has always been like that.”