Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Love me Demba1, but he should exert more control over his agents - their conducts sullies his name, if they are acting on his behalf. If they are acting out of turn (ie against his wishes), he should fire them and seek more dignified representation.

suppose this is the 'proper' way to say what i said :lol:

posh cunt.

:lol:

I read your post immediately after I posted and felt bad for being a posh cunt.

:okay:

Well I am sure other clubs would know the clause was still valid for the January transfer window - his agents would see to that.  Pardew has just alerted the supporters and the media. 

They were already speculating on Talksport where he could move to - obviously Liverpool were the favourites!!  However, they never mention the bigger picture and that it will actually be an expensive transfer because of the insurance issues, wage demands, agents fees etc and not the bargain one that is always implied.

Could just do without the speculation for the next few months.

Any issue of players thinking they're bigger than the club can't be helped by Pardew making that very point every chance he gets, how lucky we are to have these players and how vulnerable we are to "big clubs" taking them away from us.

For all we laugh at Liverpool's delusion, they puff their chest out and act like a massive club at all times, even when they're shit, and in the eyes of the media and the eyes of players, it seems to work.

We should be making these players think they're lucky to play for us, not the other way on.

Any issue of players thinking they're bigger than the club can't be helped by Pardew making that very point every chance he gets, how lucky we are to have these players and how vulnerable we are to "big clubs" taking them away from us.

For all we laugh at Liverpool's delusion, they puff their chest out and act like a massive club at all times, even when they're s***, and in the eyes of the media and the eyes of players, it seems to work.

We should be making these players think they're lucky to play for us, not the other way on.

The fact that so many national football journos are scousers helps with this ongoing bullsh*t about Liverpool.

For all we laugh at Liverpool's delusion, they puff their chest out and act like a massive club at all times, even when they're s***, and in the eyes of the media and the eyes of players, it seems to work.

Difference is Liverpool spend far more than we do on transfer fees and wages, and most of their players know they can't get a better deal elsewhere. They have lost some big names in recent years when players did smell a better deal. Owen, Alonso, Torres etc. In addition to their history of trophies long ago, they have also won trophies in recent years and constantly finished above us.

And though they have recently fallen, people see them as a club making a go of it and failing due to major mismanagement of their resources. But nevertheless they are seen as a club with the resources to compete regularly for the champions league. People look at our 1 top half finish in the past 5 years under the current owner and our lack of investment and they don't see a club with the resources to compete that Liverpool has. It's got nothing to do with Pardew or our fans. We may have finished above Liverpool once, but unless we do it year on year it will not change attitudes.

I'm sure players, much like the majority of fans, believe ambition is backed up by spending. And Liverpool do much more of than than we do. Their past glory and biased media connections help as well, like.

For all we laugh at Liverpool's delusion, they puff their chest out and act like a massive club at all times, even when they're shit, and in the eyes of the media and the eyes of players, it seems to work.

I kind of agree with this. While it's easy to say Demba should tell his people to keep their mouth shut, Pardew doesn't seem to mind mentioning how "vulnerable" we are to clubs if they bid for our best players every time a transfer window comes round. Hard to blame the players for looking at future options when we have made it clear everyone has a price. We get this all the time by the way, and a lot of those players are still here.

I have found some of Pardew's comments strange, he almost seems to be touting his players around and inviting offers. I wondered if he had been told to sell to buy, and saw one or two as replaceable if he could get big money in.

In the case of Ba, I reckon we'll happily sell if a good offer comes in January or the summer. He only has 2 years on his contract, his knee worries will only get greater as he gets older and plays more games and his value will deteriorate with age. We have an owner obsessed with resale value who knows next summer will be the last chance to sell him and a player who apparently won't sign a new deal. On top of that these release clauses and statements by his agent etc are going to be seen as a pain in the hole for the club. You also have to consider that he and Cisse haven't really clicked as a partnership and don't look like they will either. It all depends on what sorts of offers come in, really.

Having said that, I thought Ashley would have definitely sold and replaced Simpson for the same economic reasons and he didn't.

I have found some of Pardew's comments strange, he almost seems to be touting his players around and inviting offers. I wondered if he had been told to sell to buy, and saw one or two as replaceable if he could get big money in.

In the case of Ba, I reckon we'll happily sell if a good offer comes in January or the summer. He only has 2 years on his contract, his knee worries will only get greater as he gets older and plays more games and his value will deteriorate with age. We have an owner obsessed with resale value who knows next summer will be the last chance to sell him and a player who apparently won't sign a new deal. On top of that these release clauses and statements by his agent etc are going to be seen as a pain in the hole for the club. You also have to consider that he and Cisse haven't really clicked as a partnership and don't look like they will either. It all depends on what sorts of offers come in, really.

Having said that, I thought Ashley would have definitely sold and replaced Simpson for the same economic reasons and he didn't.

I don't think he's actively touted any of his players in the press (the only one under contract he has acknowledged to be open to offers was Simpson iirc), and Demba Ba would be one of the last players he'd want sold.

He is a quality striker guaranteeing goals that you'd struggle to replace for £7m, nevermind the reduced amount that we'd actually receive after fees etc.

I don't think he's actively touted any of his players in the press (the only one under contract he has acknowledged to be open to offers was Simpson iirc), and Demba Ba would be one of the last players he'd want sold.

He is a quality striker guaranteeing goals that you'd struggle to replace for £7m, nevermind the reduced amount that we'd actually receive after fees etc.

I agree, I'm just saying how Ashley would see it.

Pardew hasn't touted specific players, but I thought it was unnecessary to repeatedly talk about losing them in an open window. I know he's asked questions by journos and quoted out of context but he seems more shrewd than to just blurt it out unless there's a reason.

would you not just f*** your agent off if you were actually happy and he was spouting all this s****?

He has your best financial interests at heart. I'd keep anyone with that mindset on the payroll. Especially with an already short career and a dodgy knee.

Aye, this is why i said if you were actually happy .... because people quick to lay all blame at the agents feet (yeah I know they're c***s etc etc) but i get the feeling there's more than meets the eye with Demba, he seems happy enough to let his agent say all this stuff while he's saying how happy he is on twitter.  Just doesn't seem to add up.

But tbh I'm not going to worry about it, have enough worrying when the windows open never mind 3 weeks after it's shut :lol:

It is bloody infuriating the way Pardew keeps advertising our squad out to other clubs. Whether or not that's his intention, that's what he's doing. Can't get my head around it at all; he doesn't need to keep coming out with it in every single interview. No sooner has the transfer window closed, he's talking about the next one.

"A Newcastle FC insider made an interesting claim to us. The story goes that while manager Alan Pardew draws a relatively low basic salary, he stands to earn much bigger amounts in bonuses based around the profit he makes for the club on player sales. Which would have made Andy Carroll's 35m transfer rather good business. And Jose Enrique's imminent transfer to Man Utd or Liverpool more likely than the "fantastic new contract" said to be on offer."

:troll:

I happen to think that Pardew simply answers the questions put to him and they consistantly refer to the possibility of our players leaving due to the media agenda. He responds by giving the same answer - if he refused to answer, it would be interpreted as being an indication that the player was on his way out and if he said no one was leaving (eg Carrol) and they did, he would lok,like a tit again. he can't win either way.

I happen to think that Pardew simply answers the questions put to him and they consistantly refer to the possibility of our players leaving due to the media agenda. He responds by giving the same answer - if he refused to answer, it would be interpreted as being an indication that the player was on his way out and if he said no one was leaving (eg Carrol) and they did, he would lok,like a tit again. he can't win either way.

Ok, Alan. :lol:

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/550708_492340910776160_655347858_n.jpg

Very nice, but I'm not sure I'd want to be walking around with a T-shirt of someone sticking their arse out on it. I'm definitely up for owning a Demba T-shirt though,

There's really no need for all this religious nonsense in football, I cringe when I see players cross themselves, point to the heavens, reveal Jesus is great under shirts or do this kissing the ground stuff.  keep that crap for your churches, mosques and places like that. Certainly won't don a T shirt with someone doing that, nice shirt though apart from that.

There's really no need for all this religious nonsense in football, I cringe when I see players cross themselves, point to the heavens, reveal Jesus is great under shirts or do this kissing the ground stuff.  keep that crap for your churches, mosques and places like that. Certainly won't don a T shirt with someone doing that, nice shirt though apart from that.

You mean you like the blue? Or the two-armed design

It does piss me off a little when they're doing that and then basically behaving like footballers in their private lives but Demba seems to be genuinely devout and so I wouldn't put him in that category.  Same with Hernandez at Man Utd.