Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Joint top scorer in the league now, he better not be out for long.

Be better if we sold him tbh.

The £7m we get for him will definitely get us a better player, if they can play out wide.

Doesn't Ba get half the money from this stupid clause? We're fucked if someone activates it.

But if we can get someone who isn't a selfish cunt and is happy not to play in their best position..

If he goes, and I see we're talking up his release fee clause again at every opportunity, I'll be fucking livid.

Just hope non of the Petro/Gas/Kebab dollar teams fancy him 'til the summer and they know their positions.

If he goes, we'll get someone to play to Cisse's strengths instead of detracting from them. 

Yep certain this will happen, we have just decided against it for shits and giggles (and nothing to do with Ba being a lot more in form).

26 in 49 starts now? Should be easy to replace.

£7m (or £3.5m as mentioned above), should be fairly easy. Especially as his greedy bastards ways are the sole reason we aren't playing like 70s Brazil at the moment.

Pardew not happy with a question about Ba's attitude around the club on the BBC interview. Says he's been exemplary. Funny that.

Answered it well on the Beeb interview I think. It was a shitty tabloid-y question to ask.

26 in 49 starts now? Should be easy to replace.

£7m (or £3.5m as mentioned above), should be fairly easy. Especially as his greedy bastards ways are the sole reason we aren't playing like 70s Brazil at the moment.

We'll get a wider forward in (Ben Arfa-esque? why not!) who'll hit the ground running and leave Cisse as the only capable central striker, which works out perfectly as that's the only place he can play.

I personally was happy with Ba and Cisse tonight.....they wasn't rigid and linked up reasonably well and swapped positions and roamed quite a bit of instead of being stuck to one position.

If this continues then i have no problem with Cisse out wide and Ba through the middle as it's clear he's in better form at the moment.

I just want whats best for the team and if that's Ba through the middle then good and if it's Cisse through the middle then good.

I wouldn't play them as a pair though.

I personally was happy with Ba and Cisse tonight.....they wasn't rigid and linked up reasonably well and swapped positions and roamed quite a bit of instead of being stuck to one position.

If this continues then i have no problem with Cisse out wide and Ba through the middle as it's clear he's in better form at the moment.

I just want whats best for the team and if that's Ba through the middle then good and if it's Cisse through the middle then good.

I wouldn't play them as a pair though.

:pards:

Pardew not happy with a question about Ba's attitude around the club on the BBC interview. Says he's been exemplary. Funny that.

Makes me start doubting myself about getting angry with what the tabloid press report.

Should I doubt their legitimacy? Can't see why they wouldn't be entirely honest. Nah fuck it and fuck you Demba you selfish bastard!

I don't think there's any way he's going to be with us beyond next season. He'll go to the highest bidder when his contract expires, and you can bet that won't be us. I'd expect we're actively trying to sell him behind the scenes, we won't want to lose him for nothing.

Quite obviously he's been one of our best players this season, but there's also plenty of merit in the idea that we could ultimately be a better TEAM with someone else in there instead of him. It's quite clear that Ba and Cisse as a pairing up top doesn't work and that the team in general struggles when asked to play in a system that utilizes the two of them centrally.

Nolan was one of our most effective players, but we sold him and replaced him with Cabaye. Cabaye doesn't score anywhere near the same number of goals that Nolan did from the same position, but the team as a whole benefitted from the move. Obviously it would depend on who we replace Ba with, but if it leads to us playing the system that got the best out of Cisse, Ben Arfa, Jonas and Cabaye last season then there's a chance we'd be better for it long term IMO.

I don't think there's any way he's going to be with us beyond next season. He'll go to the highest bidder when his contract expires, and you can bet that won't be us. I'd expect we're actively trying to sell him behind the scenes, we won't want to lose him for nothing.

Quite obviously he's been one of our best players this season, but there's also plenty of merit in the idea that we could ultimately be a better TEAM with someone else in there instead of him. It's quite clear that Ba and Cisse as a pairing up top doesn't work and that the team in general struggles when asked to play in a system that utilizes the two of them centrally.

Nolan was one of our most effective players, but we sold him and replaced him with Cabaye. Cabaye doesn't score anywhere near the same number of goals that Nolan did from the same position, but the team as a whole benefitted from the move. Obviously it would depend on who we replace Ba with, but if it leads to us playing the system that got the best out of Cisse, Ben Arfa, Jonas and Cabaye last season then there's a chance we'd be better for it long term IMO.

A lot of good points,still too much of a risk for me to punt our in form forward whilst hoping Cisse isn't doing it because he has to play up top with Ba.

A lot of good points,still too much of a risk for me to punt our in form forward whilst hoping Cisse isn't doing it because he has to play up top with Ba.

In theory we'll need 2 players to replace Ba given that he's first choice upfront and wide in a 3.

I'd want us to bring in someone who can play either out wide or central.

Competition both for Cisse as the main forward and for either of the wide attacking spots.

I'd want us to bring in someone who can play either out wide or central.

Competition both for Cisse as the main forward and for either of the wide attacking spots.

Does such a player exist, massive ask IMO.

Say he did go in Jan (I don't think he will) it'd have to be someone who could hit the ground running because if we're left relying on Shola, one way ticket to anguishtown.

If Ba does leave there would need to be a major shift in the make up of our front line....

I think you would look to Cisse for the goals ( i know he isn't doing it at the moment but surely it won't last for ever? ) Someone on the left Pacy, good dribbler and a decent goal threat ( the names we have been linked would be ideal) and not to mention we still haven't replaced Best yet.  :lol:

So yeah we would probably need to buy 2 forwards in the long term if he left and do we trust the Board to do that  :undecided:

He won't be easy to replace that's for sure, i just think with the clause and still no signs of him signing a new contract that we might have to accept that it's probably going to happen sooner or later.

We have two forwards are the moment imo, if we get rid of one we need 3 (pretty much what Disco said). Given Ba is our performing striker right now it seems silly to get rid of him on the cheap.

Also don't see why some are happy to get rid for someone who can play on the right, we need that player anyway without selling our most prolific forward.