Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Its not unusual to have clubs after our top players no but it is to have a stupid £7.5m clause hanging over us transfer window after transfer window.

Ba didn't sneak the clause into his contract, the club knew about it, the club went along with it and the club my lose him because of it.

Its not unusual to have clubs after our top players no but it is to have a stupid £7.5m clause hanging over us transfer window after transfer window.

Ba didn't sneak the clause into his contract, the club knew about it, the club went along with it and the club my lose him because of it.

The club might not have signed him without it.

"Hello, I'm a player with a dodgy knee and with a story of forcing moves, I won't sign unless you make it easier for me to leave your club".

That's some boss agents he had.

"Hello, we're a club with no money and a history of penny-pinching, we'll agree to anything you want so long as we don't have to pay out a transfer fee".

"Hello, I'm a player with a dodgy knee and with a story of forcing moves, I won't sign unless you make it easier for me to leave your club".

"Hello, we're a club with no money and a history of penny-pinching, we'll agree to anything you want so long as we don't have to pay out a transfer fee".

"But if you do leave we'll make you out to be a bastard, just like we have done with other players who we've sold and we'll make sure the fans turn against you."

Love at first due diligence :love:

Guest Roger Kint

Notice there has been no tweet from Demba rubbishing any of this stuff.. There has been in the past but not this time.

The club have hidden his twitter password clearly.

Notice there has been no tweet from Demba rubbishing any of this stuff.. There has been in the past but not this time.

The club have hidden his twitter password clearly.

'The French TV channel found a look-a-like/impersonator. It was not me. Do not believe what you see with your own eyes in the media'

As people have said before, the release clause can't be mega-attractive or someone would have already activated. With us probably asking for all the money at once, plus Ba's fitness history and dodgy/expensive agent(s), I bet it's not that clear cut that someone will be able to do a deal.

I don't know why people keep forgetting this. Unless we decide to sell at a lower price I am guessing he'll still be here come February.

As people have said before, the release clause can't be mega-attractive or someone would have already activated. With us probably asking for all the money at once, plus Ba's fitness history and dodgy/expensive agent(s), I bet it's not that clear cut that someone will be able to do a deal.

I don't know why people keep forgetting this. Unless we decide to sell at a lower price I am guessing he'll still be here come February.

The club's PR spinning has gone into overdrive recently, far more than in the past (about Ba). If it's going to happen it's happening this January imo.

The club might not have signed him without it.

You're right, that doesn't change anything though, does it?

No, it just means that the club 'going along with it' wasn't necessarily a bad thing. If you weren't suggesting it was then fair enough, sorry.

No, it just means that the club 'going along with it' wasn't necessarily a bad thing. If you weren't suggesting it was then fair enough, sorry.

I wasn't suggesting it was bad at all, we did what we had to and got the player that we needed.  Both parties were involved in the contract negotiations and both agreed to it.

I wasn't suggesting it was bad at all, we did what we had to and got the player that we needed.  Both parties were involved in the contract negotiations and both agreed to it.

Cool :thup:

He's never rubbished stuff in a 'I'm not leaving' way. He's loving every second of this tbh.

He's never rubbished stuff in a 'I'm not leaving' way. He's loving every second of this tbh.

Yeah i should have used "played down" not "rubbished"

Guest Howaythetoon

He's not and never will be an Arsenal player. My brother in law has a season ticket there and he said to me Ba can dream on. I'd be very surprised if he ended up there. Wenger goes for players who move around, tippy tappy types, who can play in a number of positions and roles, because that's how they play. Ba would slow their attacks down and isolate their attacking play to a more central area. Arsenal are all about pockets of space and holes and they like to move the ball on quickly. Its rumoured that Wenger gets pissed off if one of his player takes more than x amount of touches on the ball or holds a position for too long.

I can't see him at Liverpool either because Rodgers is trying to develop a similar pass pass pass move move move type game and Ba just doesn't fit that style.

Anyway... I hope he stays because he's our most important player.

He's not and never will be an Arsenal player. My brother in law has a season ticket there and he said to me Ba can dream on. I'd be very surprised if he ended up there. Wenger goes for players who move around, tippy tappy types, who can play in a number of positions and roles, because that's how they play. Ba would slow their attacks down and isolate their attacking play to a more central area. Arsenal are all about pockets of space and holes and they like to move the ball on quickly. Its rumoured that Wenger gets pissed off if one of his player takes more than x amount of touches on the ball or holds a position for too long.

I can't see him at Liverpool either because Rodgers is trying to develop a similar pass pass pass move move move type game and Ba just doesn't fit that style.

If that's the case then why has he bought Chamakh, and then Giroud and targeted the likes of Llorente?

He's basically signing exactly the opposite kind of player to what you have just said, one-paced lumpy strikers that like to play centrally and rely on service.

I'd say that's Coloccini but I can see where you are coming from.

Guest Howaythetoon

He's not and never will be an Arsenal player. My brother in law has a season ticket there and he said to me Ba can dream on. I'd be very surprised if he ended up there. Wenger goes for players who move around, tippy tappy types, who can play in a number of positions and roles, because that's how they play. Ba would slow their attacks down and isolate their attacking play to a more central area. Arsenal are all about pockets of space and holes and they like to move the ball on quickly. Its rumoured that Wenger gets p*ssed off if one of his player takes more than x amount of touches on the ball or holds a position for too long.

I'd say that's Coloccini but I can see where you are coming from.

Oh aye, of all the players who I would least like to see leave, Colo is the man, but in terms of goals and points Ba is our key man.

Guest Howaythetoon

He's not and never will be an Arsenal player. My brother in law has a season ticket there and he said to me Ba can dream on. I'd be very surprised if he ended up there. Wenger goes for players who move around, tippy tappy types, who can play in a number of positions and roles, because that's how they play. Ba would slow their attacks down and isolate their attacking play to a more central area. Arsenal are all about pockets of space and holes and they like to move the ball on quickly. Its rumoured that Wenger gets p*ssed off if one of his player takes more than x amount of touches on the ball or holds a position for too long.

If that's the case then why has he bought Chamakh, and then Giroud and targeted the likes of Llorente?

I don't know but Chamakh has never really figured and Giroud simply doesn't look like an Arsenal player. Either way, Wenger will not sign another centre-forward type like Ba.

I don't know but Chamakh has never really figured and Giroud simply doesn't look like an Arsenal player. Either way, Wenger will not sign another centre-forward type like Ba.

Chamakh has never figured recently cos he's crap, but he still signed him as a first team player and started him when he first went there. He just spent £12 million on Giroud.

How can you come to the conclusion Wenger definitely won't sign a 'centre forward type like Ba', when he's regularly signing one-paced centre forwards that rely on service rather than quick/interchangeable position types. I wouldn't pigeonhole Ba in either category personally, but I don't understand your argument when there is recent evidence to the contrary.