Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Guest sicko2ndbest

Ba and his agent will come to an agreement

If he has been given 70k a week he won't turn it down over an agent fee

Yeah that's a really good piece, I'm not sure how Edwards knows what he suggests he knows about the behind the scenes stuff, but sounds feasible to me. I think though at the end of the day it's all down to how well we cope without Ba, how Cisse performs, if we bring in someone to replace Ba and how they perform if we do. Lets hope it all works out for us, I don't really care about Ba, but looks like he's sitting pretty either way.

On another point that's a ridiculous clause we agreed too, if we agreed to put a minimum release clause in and reduced that amount still further by giving half the fee to Ba, seems to be weighed too heavily on the players side. Crazy but I guess it was the only way to get the deal done, I dunno. 

Can't say anything against that.  Money aside he should have shown more respect to his teamates, manager and the fans.

I think we will be better without him, as long as the penny pinchers do their job for once.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Personally I think the only reason he chose us was the fees he would receive on his next transfer. Reading Luke Edwards piece on when he first interviewed Ba and his sole reason for joining was his agent saying it was the best offer.

I reckon the wages we offered were probably a lot less than other clubs but the subsidy on the release clause more than made up for it

For Ba to get the benefits he was always going to have to move or he may as well gone somewhere else in the first place

Been a great professional, model pro, given everything in every match for us, scored lots of goals.

We got him for free, sell him for 7 mill.. i mean, its been a great deal for us in every way.

its a shame to loose him for a low fee, but thats about it.

Lets just hope the next one coming trough the door is just as good :)

The way he's behaved over the past season, I can't really see why we should be happy for him. Sure be open that you want to leave, going about moaning tremendously that you want to be played in a different position then getting the whole team shaped to you at the expense of Cisse and then having the whole team melded around  you and the manager lick your ass THEN keep moaning like we've done nothing for you and with no respect, then you can just piss off and don't look back.

Guest Phil K

Will be walking around with his greedy agents smoking huge cigars and lighting them with twenties, maybe ?

TBF though, did it for us, and during his brief time here (1 and a half seasons) scored some good important goals. Now lets hope Papis proves the wunderkid he was showing before being pushed out to let Ba shine again (and he did, TBF once again)

Guest Phil K

The way he's behaved over the past season, I can't really see why we should be happy for him. Sure be open that you want to leave, going about moaning tremendously that you want to be played in a different position then getting the whole team shaped to you at the expense of Cisse and then having the whole team melded around  you and the manager lick your ass THEN keep moaning like we've done nothing for you and with no respect, then you can just p*ss off and don't look back.

This is also true, and the other side of the Ba argument.

When did he moan at all, let alone 'tremendously'? We only heard about it from our bigmouth manager.

After Everton away, in public at least.

Regularly early this season he was visibly arguing with pardew at games about where he was playing.

Apart from that, he's been a model pro.

Was that him, or these various randoms 'representing' him? And that was when he was unexpectedly dropped, not because he was played out of position.

Ba's been a professional on the pitch and I have few complaints about his commitment on the pitch. I dislike his issue about playing out wide but that's it. I wouldn't question that he always tried and did his job, if he'd still been available to select tonight and Pards had selected him he'd have played like he usually does tbh.

Can't say anything against that.  Money aside he should have shown more respect to his teamates, manager and the fans.

I think we will be better without him, as long as the penny pinchers do their job for once.

He's played well and is leaving for a more successful club. Nowt wrong with what he's done.