Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

If we sign Gpmis and Ba Pardew will be in a spin he won't know what to do, who to play and where will give him nightmares until we end up with

-------Cabaye-------------Sissoko

Benny------Ba--------Gomis-----Remy

------------------Cisse

:lol:

2-0 up and then the "no more goals" message

If we sign Gpmis and Ba Pardew will be in a spin he won't know what to do, who to play and where will give him nightmares until we end up with

------------------Cisse

Who'll do the defending?

You can't give Pardew that many attacking players and expect a defense

Aside from any debate about how good Ba was out wide, he made it clear he didn't want to play there, and Pardew made the foolish promise to him he'd be playing 90% of the time down the middle. Bringing him back and asking or expecting him to play wide is only going to lead to trouble.

------------------Cisse

Who'll do the defending?

Exactly my point. So we lose 3-2 every game? But at least we score and look attacking for a bit? Is that your thinking? :lol: I'd take it over what it is currently.

Cisse has no place in the starting 11 until he sorts his fucking head and starts to take responsibility on the field. Been saying it since last year's pre-season.  Tiote is in a similar situation. They are playing within themselves, every other decision they make on the pitch is brainless.. You can get away with this if you're a winger but if you're leading the line or you're meant to play as an anchor man such complacency is suicidal for the team.

Needs dropping and re-booting.

------------------Cisse

Who'll do the defending?

Exactly my point. So we lose 3-2 every game? But at least we score and look attacking for a bit? Is that your thinking? :lol: I'd take it over what it is currently.

Nit my thinking but I can see Pardew just being so confused wuth si many attacking options.

:D

Guest icemanblue

So we are desperate for goals, bring in a striker who has shown he can feed off the few scraps we through at our strikers but some want to stick him in the position he doesn't score in? :lol:

A more mischevious soul than myself may even suggest that the idea is 'Pardew-esque'.

Aside from any debate about how good Ba was out wide, he made it clear he didn't want to play there, and Pardew made the foolish promise to him he'd be playing 90% of the time down the middle. Bringing him back and asking or expecting him to play wide is only going to lead to trouble.

Is Gomis going to be asked to play out wide if he comes? Ba is a striker and a damn good one at that. We need a striker and that's what we would be getting, after that it's up to Pardew to use the squad to it's full advantage...and I'm trying not to laugh while I'm typing here, trust me.

Guest neesy111

As a short term measure, then I'm in favour of the move.

Having Ba feeding of scraps will be masking the problems that we've had for the last 2 seasons i.e.  not enough chances being created for strikers.

Cisse has no place in the starting 11 until he sorts his f***ing head and starts to take responsibility on the field. Been saying it since last year's pre-season.  Tiote is in a similar situation. They are playing within themselves, every other decision they make on the pitch is brainless.. You can get away with this if you're a winger but if you're leading the line or you're meant to play as an anchor man such complacency is suicidal for the team.

Needs dropping and re-booting.

Switch it off an on again pet.

Any decently run club the size of NUFC wouldn't have been in the position of scratching around trying to get a player on loan who made it transparently clear that he didn't want to be here last January.

I agree. A bit embarrassing for us (and for Ba, if he were to return).

Undecided about this - He's a proven goalscorer in Pardew's 'style' of football, but he wouldn't get in ahead of Remy-Cisse-HBA for me, and wouldn't come to sit on the bench. Can't see him eventually coming back permanently, either.

Guest reefatoon

Aahh, to get back to the halcyon days of 2011/12, with free flowing attacking football. A lovable, tactical genius of a manager and a gnat's clem away from champions league football.

This will all happen again upon Ba's return.

Guest Roger Kint

More i think i would prefer Gomis and get Moses on loan rather than Ba, apparently 7 PL clubs have asked about him. really hope we are one of them. Wide forward can score goals and run, perfect for us.

Guest reefatoon

More i think i would prefer Gomis and get Moses on loan rather than Ba, apparently 7 PL clubs have asked about him. really hope we are one of them. Wide forward can score goals and run, perfect for us.

6 have asked about him and 1 has asked to be kept in the loop.

Guest Roger Kint

6 have asked about him and 1 has asked to be kept in the loop.

Personally rather we looked to actually try to sign players permanently rather than loan them in, think it's alright grabbing one star loan in Remy but when you starting looking at 2 or 3 costing a couple of million each for the year, rather we looked elsewhere even if there is a slight dip in quality and had this loan option last resort...although some would argue with 1 week to go this is last resort tactics now. At this moment in time i'd just be going all out for Gomis now. We've got ourselves in another transfer window mess and it's remarkable we have actually let it come to this once again, massive shame really.

At this stage I'd take any one of Gomis, Moses or Ba. What won't be acceptable is making a lot of noise about signing a striker and failing to get one through the door by deadline day.

Big mikes budget is getting tighter...loans maybe our only option...whats our current salary status like?

Is it just me though or do loans not seem expensive? They are alright on FM when you get a couple of squad fillers on a tight budget  :lol:

But now we are talking 2 million vanishing just for having a player for 1 year and chances are, if he actually turns out to have a good season, the price will probably inflate to buy if a deal hasn't already been set up with a set price, which not many seem to do.