Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

ps: cant believe i just took a typing knock from madras. ffs.

When you retire you need something to occupy your time.

wasn't even a typing knock, it was a posting in the style of a like,sorry,fifteen year old like girl,knock.

Guest Loven11

HABIB BEYE has backed Newcastle United new boy Demba Ba to be an instant hit - with the former Toon cult hero insisting: "You've signed one of Europe's top strikers."

Beye and United summer signing Ba – both Senegal internationals – are close pals, with the man signed from West Ham United seeking advice from the former Marseille captain before opting to sign for the Magpies.

Ba grabbed 13 strikes for 1899 Hoffenheim and West Ham last term, but Beye has backed him to continue his hot streak – only this time in black-and-white.

Beye handed Ba a glowing reference and told the Chronicle: “The Newcastle fans will love and appreciate Demba.

“I have spoken to him and gave him my best wishes, I knew straight away that Newcastle United was the club for him.

“And I think that the fans will take to him straight away at St James’ Park because he is a player who works so hard and gets the goals as well.”

Beye says he could not help but observe the form of Ba during his stint in Germany with 1899 Hoffenheim when he bagged 40 goals in 103 games to propel him on to the European stage.

He said: “For me Demba was one of the top three our four strikers in the Bundesliga not so long ago and being in one of the top leagues on the Continent makes him in my eyes one of the best strikers in Europe on his day. I think it will be great for him in Newcastle.

“If he enjoys his time at the club as much as I enjoyed my two-and-a-half years then he hasn’t gone too far wrong in my opinion.

“If things had have been different he’s the type of player that I would love to have played alongside in a black-and-white shirt.”

“If he enjoys his time at the club as much as I enjoyed my two-and-a-half years then he hasn’t gone too far wrong in my opinion.

“If things had have been different he’s the type of player that I would love to have played alongside in a black-and-white shirt.”

We all hate you. Never mention us again.

Whatever you say about the likes of Zog and Beye, despite their sour departures they all seem to be giving glowing appraisals of the club to potential signings.

Is that you in your avatar?

Guest palnese

Beye is still the best RB I have seen at this club.

Which says more about the standard of right backs we've had rather than how good Beye was.

True, but Beye was fucking mint.

Which says more about the standard of right backs we've had rather than how good Beye was.

He was a decent defender that lost all sense of composure when he got over the half way line, I'd hardly say he was mint.

He was a decent defender that lost all sense of composure when he got over the half way line, I'd hardly say he was mint.

He was fantastic defensively though and he played with 100% commitment while he was here. He wasn't a fans favourite for nothing. The fact he still has a house up here says everything about the man.

You make him sound like he was on a similar level to Williamson :lol:

The thing that impresses me about Ba is hos scoring record everywhere he's been, it's something I only noticed once he'd signed.

Yep. I think he could be our Yakubu where he'll get you 12-15 goals a season regularly without getting the praise he perhaps deserves.

Guest Heneage

I think if Beye could go back he'd have stayed here. He was well on his way to engraining himself in the clubs history having already achieved cult status.

Guest Heneage

On transfer fee and wages we've probably saved around £4m over the last 2 seasons between what we got and saved in wages for selling him, and what we paid for Simpson and pay him in wages. Good decision to sell.

True I think he made that decision easier for us tbh.