Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

The whole reason we looked good last night because of the 3 in midfield going back to the old Ba off Cisse routine is asking for trouble.

Would definitely stick with the same front 6 in the same positions except maybe Ben Arfa on the right and Cisse on the left ( roaming and interchanging with Ba).

Pardew might want Jonas instead of Cisse and honestly in certain games thats fine too but if we want similar performances to last night then i would stick with Marveaux inbetween Tiote and Anita and who ever the Central striker is until Cabaye comes back.

No one else in the squad can do what Marveaux did last night other than Cabaye and he's out till February so i would definitely make him a permanent fixture until then.

Marveaux played in a very involved position last night and it suited him and therefore us better than playing wide... a bit of a discovery that and one which cheered us all up on the way home ... he finally looks a player and made a great partnership with Anita...  O0

The front 6 should be fielded like this when everyone is fit:

Cabaye - Tiote

Ben Arfa - Anita - Marveaux

Ba

Cabaye deep lying playmaker. Anita pressing high and combining with Ben Arfa and Marveaux.

Cisse?

Like Beren said earlier, I don't think we have a definite front 6. We have 4 or 5 who start no matter what but that extra position/s should be filled by whoever is performing at that time, if someone goes on to force their way into a guaranteed started then it's all good.

Cabaye - Tiote

Ba

Cabaye deep lying playmaker. Anita pressing high and combining with Ben Arfa and Marveaux.

Cisse?

Anita and Marveaux played well against 10 men last night so they deserve to be in the team more.

Cabaye - Tiote

Ba

Cisse?

I don't know. Not seen anything this season to want him in the side if we are injury free. Looks low on confidence, awful touch and finishes. Also don't know the offside rule. Obviously this can change, but I would prefer the above players for now.

Cabaye - Tiote

Ba

Cisse?

Anita and Marveaux played well against 10 men last night so they deserve to be in the team more.

I agree about that. I just can't see him being on the bench for even a short period.

Cabaye - Tiote

Ba

Cisse?

I don't know. Not seen anything this season to want him in the side if we are injury free. Looks low on confidence, awful touch and finishes. Also don't know the offside rule. Obviously this can change, but I would prefer the above players for now.

His first touch has been excellent in the last few games, dude. As it was last season.

Have to say, I thought he was fantastic yesterday, but can't help but feel people are (understandably) getting carried away. He needs to stay fit for a while, put a run of form together before he should be in our fully-fit XI, IMO.

Atm, for me it's still:

Cabaye  Tiote

HBA          Ba              X

Cisse

That spot on the left is up for grabs tbh. Obertan has wasted enough opportunities. Jonas won't rediscover his attacking legs at this stage in his carer. Anita is getting better, but not yet up to pace. Marv is back from injury. Ferguson is coming along well. Sammy is a bit too raw.

Then there's the January sales/purchases...

I really don't think Ba can play there. It seems like another daft compromise.

I would love to see this:

Anita

Cabaye - Marveaux

HBA - Cisse/Ba - Ba/Cisse

Cabaye - Tiote

Ba

Cisse?

I agree about that. I just can't see him being on the bench for even a short period.

Nor should he ever be benched unless he needs a rest.

Cabaye - Tiote

Ba

Cisse?

His first touch has been excellent in the last few games, dude. As it was last season.

He was better last night, but both Ba's and Cissé's first touch have been shocking during our poor run. Not as bad as Jonas but the improvement potential is huge.

Have to say, I thought he was fantastic yesterday, but can't help but feel people are (understandably) getting carried away. He needs to stay fit for a while, put a run of form together before he should be in our fully-fit XI, IMO.

Atm, for me it's still:

Cabaye  Tiote

Cisse

That spot on the left is up for grabs tbh. Obertan has wasted enough opportunities. Jonas won't rediscover his attacking legs at this stage in his carer. Anita is getting better, but not yet up to pace. Marv is back from injury. Ferguson is coming along well. Sammy is a bit too raw.

He does his best work for the team there. Links our midfield and attack (which discourages long aimless punts) and he isn't fixed there either so he can still gamble on balls in the box/score goals as he did yesterday. He operated there yesterday for large spells tbh, and they both (he and Cisse, that is) looked better for it.

Don't even really think it's a compromise. Either of the Dembas huffing and puffing down the channels is a compromise, and not an effective one.

Atm, for me it's still:

Cabaye  Tiote

Cisse

He does his best work for the team there. Links our midfield and attack (which discourages long aimless punts) and he isn't fixed there either so he can still gamble on balls in the box/score goals as he did yesterday. He operated there yesterday for large spells tbh, and they both (he and Cisse, that is) looked better for it.

Don't even really think it's a compromise. Either of the Dembas huffing and puffing down the channels is a compromise, and not an effective one.

I disagree, I don't think he's particularly good at it. When he's been asked to fulfil that role this season we've struggled offensively. I don't think he has the necessary attributes to be successful there over an extended period. And he didn't really play there yesterday. He occasionally dropped deeper and alternated with Cisse, but he was never the third man in midfield.

Clearly putting one of the two on the wing is also a compromise, but it's the best solution available until we can buy a dedicated winger.

I really think the three CMs works well though, I would be reluctant to go back to two.

Exactly we have been crying out for 3 CM's all season and look at the result not just any old 3 CM's either.... a destroyer, a link between defence and midfield and a link between midfield and attack.

With 2 of them being technically gifted and good passers of the ball i think it would be crazy to change those 3 CM's unless injuries happen until Cabaye is back.... they gave us control and creativity something we have been sorely lacking.

I was happy with Cisse and Ba as far as movement and link play goes as well i wouldn't change a thing apart from Hatem coming back in for Jonas and Perch in for Williamson.