Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

Guest bimpy474

Just wondering if Pardew ever thought of playing him in his natural position of left mid/wing.

You know the one, where he has played most of his career, just a thought Alan.

Just wondering if Pardew ever thought of playing him in his natural position of left mid/wing.

:thup:

But maybe he'll do well as a defensive right mid/'winger', seems a logical choice :rolleyes:

Guest bimpy474

:thup:

But maybe he'll do well as a defensive right mid/'winger', seems a logical choice :rolleyes:

Aye, baffling what Pardew does with him, mind you Marv has to play better though, he isn't completely blameless. It would certainly help playing him in a position he's plays best in though.

Guest bimpy474

I think Marveaux is the sort of player we need more of, but Pardew can't seem to fit into our game.

He's calm on the ball, tries to play and focuses on his strengths.

Aye, not exactly suited to Pardew's hoofball.

I can't stress enough that he needs to play in Cabaye's ACM role if we ever decide to get back to 4-3-3. With Anita/Tiote behind him.

I'd really be happy if he played in Hatem's wide right role for tonight's match in a 4-3-3 as well mind you.

Crossing my fingers that our manager will attempt to try this. Here's to hoping.

From the article:

As well as regaining peak physical condition, Marveaux has also had to establish a best position. His polished left-foot and relatively modest stature often sees him wrongly billed as a winger, but he emphasises that he is happiest in a central role.

"Yes, that's always been in my head," he affirms. "I've never been someone who's clung to the touchline all the time, looking to cross. I like to really get involved in the game in the centre of the pitch. That was my strength when I was at Rennes and I think it's important to try and play and the same way here. "

I don't think Pardew trusts him in the centre.

:thup: bottling challenges and sauntering about isn't going to endear him either.

This x 100.

I have a great deal of time for Marveaux but that pisses me of no end and I'd be reluctant to start him full stop, never mind sticking him in centre mid.

No one wants him to be centre mid.... most people are just asking to try him behind a striker or two strikers while Cabaye and Hatem are out.

We can't expect to create much when our most creative player at the moment is a freaking DM  :lol:

Even playing him on the wing would do, just a bit of creativity and someone who can pass the ball would be nice.

Agree with Kanji.  I'd play him in front of Tiote and Anita in HBA and Cabaye's absence as well. 4-2-3-1.  But we know we'll go 4-4-2 and Sammy will start out wide in place of Anita, as Perch is out. 

We'll have 2 wingers who can't cross and who will probably be playing on their weaker sides.  Plus 2 defensive midfielders that don't have any creativity between them.  Add to the fact Wigan like to play a passing game and get numbers in the middle, with decent movement.  I can see us struggling.

Also, despite his comments today and his best position appearing to be no.10.  I'd still 100% play him ahead of Sammy or Ferguson out wide. 

He should certainly be considered ahead of Sammy who just doesn't look ready.

Guest VanBarduck

I think Pardew's trying to do the same job as he did with Ben Arfa, bench him, giving him a few cameos, keep pushing him in training... that kind a s*** , until he become a BPL combat-proven player , but Marveaux ain't ben arfa  :idiot2: different character , different background , there's also a huge gap in terms of talent between the two..