Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

walking out the ground at the final whistle i looked up at the tv screen on the concourse and he looked to be holding the back of his right leg and limping as he was coming off the pitch.

He's just feeling a bit left out, that's all. Seen all his mates limp off so thought he would too.

walking out the ground at the final whistle i looked up at the tv screen on the concourse and he looked to be holding the back of his right leg and limping as he was coming off the pitch.

Seemed to get cramp about 2 mins before the end and then tried to keep the ball in play in the corner right at the end and pulled up again. Cannot imagine he will start on sunday as he is probably not used to playing 90 mins so 2 days rest probs won't be enough for him.

He's just feeling a bit left out, that's all. Seen all his mates limp off so thought he would too.

All the cool kids did do it tbf

Played well in patches, doesn't get involved enough, but we don't really allow him to get involved enough.  We seem happy to give the ball away and run around like headless chickens.

Do wish he'd run at his man more often.  Has really good control and a nice change of pace.  Beautiful bit of play for the goal, hope he can kick on from here and find a bit of consistency.

He did well when he was on the ball, thought his passes were good and he was positive and looking for the killer pass a lot.

His major problem is his shirking of tackles and reluctance to go for 50/50 balls. Does the former outweight the latter or vice versa? I reckon we should give him a little more time...

......but not involved enough and more importantly bottled out of more 50:50's and challenges than any player since Kevin Brock.

Understandable with his injury record though surely ?

He looks like a player who has absolutely no faith in his own body.

I agree, he needs games to get over his injury problems.  He's probably OK physically but he looks to be mentally fragile at the minute.

Ben Arfa's replacement for the next few games. Good time for him to grab a goal.

Jonas will start Sun if fit I'd have thought.

At RW?

You're right, Jonas is right-footed, not a cat in hell's chance that he'll play on the right wing. That would be WAY too fucking sensible for Pardew.

I'd go Marveaux left wing, Jonas or Obertan right, Ba and Cisse up front. Ferguson left back and Santon on the right and we've got a fighting chance. Sadly, it'll be nobody on the correct side of the pitch apart from Simpson and we'll be turboshit again.

Given time, I think Marveaux could be a good player for us. The amount of football he has played in the last couple of years is worrying though, and I think that's reflected in his current performances. But when he has the ball at his feet he looks comfortable and, for me, he has great technical ability. Look forward to him having a run of games.

Given time, I think Marveaux could be a good player for us. The amount of football he has played in the last couple of years is worrying though, and I think that's reflected in his current performances. But when he has the ball at his feet he looks comfortable and, for me, he has great technical ability. Look forward to him having a run of games.

He looks to be a bit more robust since his last operation, he just needs to regain his match fitness and some self-belief.  Re-gaining match fitness will take time because of the amount of time he’s had off.  Every injury will have been harder to get over than the last because his fitness levels have not had time to return and he will be starting from a lower level.

I hope we stick with him because he could be a very good footballer once he gets up to speed.