Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

Poor man-management or not, it was clear to anyone watching the Spurs game that his effort when he came on with fresh legs was an absolute joke.

Doesn't have the talent to counteract his work rate. Needs to be part of the summer clearout.

But why was he even brought on? He's a 27 year old on a first team wage who has had runs in the first team/key man off the bench. In recent months he's barely even been on the bench. Pardew clearly has no faith in him, why pretend to do so now?

If one performance can make you put a senior player in the youths, he shouldn't have been playing.

At least AVB had the decency to totally freeze Adebayor out.

It's just another example of Pardew's lack of direction. Similar to his switching from one type of football to another, sometimes during 90 mins of football.

I'm still at loss to why he got the gig to track back Baines away at Everton, then was hauled off at half time. Put our least defensive midfielder the task to mark the league's best attacking full back, then be angry with the performance  :pardsgrin:

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Poor man-management or not, it was clear to anyone watching the Spurs game that his effort when he came on with fresh legs was an absolute joke.

Doesn't have the talent to counteract his work rate. Needs to be part of the summer clearout.

But why was he even brought on? He's a 27 year old on a first team wage who has had runs in the first team/key man off the bench. In recent months he's barely even been on the bench. Pardew clearly has no faith in him, why pretend to do so now?

If one performance can make you put a senior player in the youths, he shouldn't have been playing.

At least AVB had the decency to totally freeze Adebayor out.

Probably putting him in the shop window  :pards:

Marveaux can never be in the wrong for me, because he's been marginalised for ages now. Debatable how suited he is to the league I guess, but I think he has shown enough to have got more playing time.

It's not as if we have a bunch of more deserving players to play ahead of him by the way! We've been playing Shola Ameobi 90 mins for goodness sake, and there is no justifying that Shola Ameobi can get a full 90 mins, while the likes of Marveaux and Ben Arfa get criticized for one thing or the oher all the time.

Does Shola Ameobi score? No.

Does Shola Ameobi assist? No.

Does Shola Ameobi close players down? No.

Does Shola Ameobi hold the ball up? No.

Does Shola Ameobi head the ball in the general direction of our other players? No.

Does Shola Ameobi stay onside? No.

So, what does Shola Ameobi do to get so much praise in comparison to those two? To get so many opportunities to play? To be absolved of any blame for our poor play?

Shola Ameobi does 6 foot 5. It's the only explanation. And that is pathetic.

I think if any player of any club gets made to train with the reserves/youth side, you have to accept the managers viewpoint as you don't know the ins and outs of it all. It's easier to justify things when they are in the spotlight and you get an idea of why they have been put there but nothing has really been made clear with this one.

This literally makes no sense.

Well he's the one in charge and he's not going to do it just for the fun of it. Say back in school and your mate gets put in detention in another classroom, it's safe to assume the teacher has his reasons even though you don't know what happened. You don't start calling the teacher when he has no reputation for constantly putting people in detention? Not like Pardew has a habit of fall outs and puts players in the reserves often. I'm just saying i'm sure Pardew has his reasons to why Marv has been placed there and until/if things become more clear, you can't really defend Marv even though we all like him.

Why do we have to accept Pardew's right and not Marveaux since we don't know the story? Marveaux might have been punished for disagreeing with Pardew's football philosophy or lack of it, in which case I'd be on his side.

I'm not saying Pardew is right, but he's in charge, accept it and move on until things become more clear. Jumping in to defend Marv and have pops at Pardew seem strange when it's not like Pardew has a habit of falling out with players and doing this. I'm sure he has his reasons to why he feels Marv shouldn't be training with the first team anymore. And this isn't just Pardew, i'd feel the same with any manager unless they were a complete dick who often did this and banish players from the team for their own ego.

You what? Supporting the judgement of Pardew when it comes to players, man.  :lol:

Who has he put in the reserves? I think Pardew has always seemed to have a strong dressing room. Barton was made to play there for his twitter outbursts, Ranger often made to train alone, can't really think of others. He had a fall out with Colo but they sorted it out amongst themselves and no action was taken. Since being here, i don't think Pardew has been too hard on players. If anything he's probably too soft with them and gives them a free reign.

Wasn't on about that. I marked out the falling out part. He certainly have a history for it. The way he keeps blaming the players, and keep out the good ones from the starting eleven, I'm not sure the dressing room is all that strong. Surely they've called him out on the bullshitter he is by now.

Wasn't on about that. I marked out the falling out part. He certainly have a history for it. The way he keeps blaming the players, and keep out the good ones from the starting eleven, I'm not sure the dressing room is all that strong. Surely they've called him out on the bullshitter he is by now.

Who has he fell out with then? I've named a few i can think of. Obviously every manager will have disagreements with players but don't think Pardew has a reputation here for arguing with players. He's kept majority of players in check and hasn't resorted to this kind of thing often, so i'm sure the decision wasn't taken lightly.

Who has he fell out with then? I've named a few i can think of. Obviously every manager will have disagreements with players but don't think Pardew has a reputation here for arguing with players. He's kept majority of players in check and hasn't resorted to this kind of thing often, so i'm sure the decision wasn't taken lightly.

:lol:

Cabaye's a bad example, he was playing class.

Yeah after a year of him playing poorly and mentally being a wreck he worked things out himself. Likewise Tiote. Maybe I am being overly harsh and maybe our coaching staff did well and it needed to take over a year to get him through it. He was class previous to coming here too lets not forget.

Although we had a very poor season last year. Cabaye was still one of our top performers. Was solid at the start of that season, looked good when he came back from injury for a month or so before his form collapsed. Wouldn't say he was a wreck.

Likewise people say Tiote was terrible in the season we finished 5th which is laughable. He wasn't playing at his best levels but he didn't have a bad season by any means. Ryan Taylor, Mike Williamson and James Perch didn't have bad seasons either ffs.

No they don't.  Is it the voices in your head saying it?

:lol:

I just mean he's kept them content and happy. Even when Anita/HBA/MYM are bench warming, they aren't in the press calling him, only Taylor really did that. He gives them a lot of free time to see family if they are injured or have requested, which many on here even criticise him for. So he's too soft on that subject for some and now being too hard on this situation. I just think generally, he's kept good spirit within the squad.

I'm sorry Brett, do we know what goes on within the squad and the club now?  Earlier we couldn't have an opinion because 'we don't know what happens' yet now you seem to have the inside track on the happy happy joy club at NUFC. 

I'm sorry Brett, do we know what goes on within the squad and the club now?  Earlier we couldn't have an opinion because 'we don't know what happens' yet now you seem to have the inside track on the happy happy joy club at NUFC. 

Fucking hell, you could say this about any manager of any club :lol:

When big bust ups come about or players end up in reserves, word usually gets out in the press. Pardew hasn't had many cases of this or no more than what other managers do. Sure nobody kicked up this storm when Pochettino binned his star signing, there was no question of poor man management then.

I just don’t see how people say Pardew has a reputation for falling out with players here when I can’t think of anything major. Him and Colo had one but resolved it all fairly quickly.

Fucking hell, you could say this about any manager of any club :lol:

When big bust ups come about or players end up in reserves, word usually gets out in the press. Pardew hasn't had many cases of this or no more than what other managers do. Sure nobody kicked up this storm when Pochettino binned his star signing, there was no question of poor man management then.

I just don’t see how people say Pardew has a reputation for falling out with players here when I can’t think of anything major. Him and Colo had one but resolved it all fairly quickly.

Word did get out in the press and you said: 

Well he's the one in charge and he's not going to do it just for the fun of it. Say back in school and your mate gets put in detention in another classroom, it's safe to assume the teacher has his reasons even though you don't know what happened.

f***ing hell, you could say this about any manager of any club :lol:

Word did get out in the press and you said: 

Well he's the one in charge and he's not going to do it just for the fun of it. Say back in school and your mate gets put in detention in another classroom, it's safe to assume the teacher has his reasons even though you don't know what happened.

What's your point? I've said i'm not taking Pardew's side or Marv's side here because i don't know the ins and outs. From what has been mentioned in the press Pardew has seemed fair with the players off the pitch. He's give them extended time off, he's let them travel home, he gave Ranger umpteen chances to improve. Marv's been here a while now and this is the first time it's been reported he's done this kind of thing to him. What the exact reasons are i don't know but i'm willing to accept it, not kick up a fuss regarding it and wait till more info on the matter is given rather than jumping to defend Marv and slag off Pardew or vise versa.

I think if any player of any club gets made to train with the reserves/youth side, you have to accept the managers viewpoint as you don't know the ins and outs of it all.

What's your point? I've said i'm not taking Pardew's side or Marv's side here because i don't know the ins and outs.

As i've said before.....accepted the decision and just forget about it till more info on the reasons behind it are given. Like that classroom analogy, if you think the teacher is a cunt, that doesn’t mean to say your mate is innocent. You just have to accept punishment has been made for him and walk away till you here from someone else what actually happened then determine if the teacher was right or not. If he was right, the teacher is still a cunt but you know your mates been a bellend.

Yeahhhh, Brett. No.

Rob Lee was mopping the floors under Gullit if I recall. Usually when such measures are taken without a glaring, public indiscipline from the player's side, it's a dodgy, shady tactic, usually resulting from a strange personal vendetta from the manager's side.