Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

Hes not quite as dishy as Cabaye but he shouldnt have too many problems pulling in Liquid.  :pow:

A bloke with warts, 7 eyes, a cleft lip, and Prince Charles ears could pull in liquid.

Maybe if you knew what people who were born with that have to go through, you'd reconsider using it as part of a joke, dickhead.

:thup:

:lol: Quite ridiculous statements from these "holier than thou" people.

It's annoying as it keeps the stigma concerning an illness that, granted, a long time ago could be classed as a massive deformation going on. Today, the wonders of modern medicine has made this condition little more than a scar and in some people a speech impediment of varying severity. People with it still needs tons of surgery and tons of hours put into working their talking to not sound bad.

Naturally, as everything else, it can be made fun of in good humour. However, classing it as a condition of uglyness is scarcely funny even before you try to put it into a bad joke. There's no need to keep the stigma of a condition like this keep going on, and it's ever so annoying each time some fucker decides to use it as an example of deformation and uglyness as in today's society (bar perhaps some third world countries and the likes) it's to the outside world no more than a small scar after reaching your teens. (Unless you've not had surgery on your nose yet, if it was needed.)

Looks like he can play on either wing, against Lyon this season on youtube he is playing on both wings. Might be our new right sided player. Think we will still be out for a centermid once Barton goes, but they may be expecting gosling to fill that hole.

Ba

Jonas            Benarfa            Marveaux

Cabaye        :tiote:

:)

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/06/19/sylvain-marveaux-thrilled-to-be-at-newcastle-79310-28901521/

Sylvain Marveaux thrilled to be at Newcastle

Jun 19 2011 by Mark Douglas, Sunday Sun

SYLVAIN MARVEAUX wants to be Newcastle United’s answer to Florent Malouda.

United’s latest French fancy is a quick, left-footed forward who can play on the wing or up front.

With apologies to the Chelsea forward he is often compared to, Marvellous Marveaux is desperate to make an even bigger impact than his former international team-mate.

He signed a five-year deal yesterday as Newcastle’s summer overhaul steps up a gear.

His technique and pace are seen as a key part of a radical black-and-white makeover designed to make United’s midfield more mobile next year.

While that bold plan has split Newcastle supporters, what is certain is Tyneside is getting a player hungry to make the most of his big Premier League chance.

Marveaux told the Sunday Sun in an exclusive interview: “I am absolutely thrilled to be here – I am so happy I just cannot wait to get started.

“I have been talking to Newcastle for a long time and it was a club which always interested me.

“I had seen St James’ Park on TV and on You Tube but when I came to the ground yesterday morning, I was amazed at how big it is.

“I cannot imagine what it is like when it is full with supporters.”

The move happened very quickly. The Liverpool transfer did not work out but this is not a second option – Newcastle are a very big club with a great tradition and my friend Hatem Ben Arfa speaks well of the city, the players and the manager too.

“It is a big club which can be one of the top clubs in Europe and people at the club have been very good with me.

“I want to repay their faith in me. Now I just want to get started.”

Although a free agent after his contract expired at Rennes, Marveaux was once rated at the £5million mark and had Manchester United, Chelsea and West Ham scouts on his tail earlier in his career.

Asked who he is closest to in terms of style, the 25-year-old said the Chelsea forward Malouda was an inspiration to him.

He added: “In France they say I am like Florent Malouda, which is what I hope to do for Newcastle.

“He is a great player and if I could emulate him I would be happy.

“I think my game is about working hard and scoring goals.

“I will do my best for the club and for the team and I look forward to making this move a success.”

Marveaux joined United’s French revolution in the small hours of yesterday morning after a dramatic U-turn over a move to Liverpool.

There were doubts about his injury record and, as the Merseysiders stalled, Newcastle received a call asking whether they were still interested in taking him to Tyneside.

A car was sent to the north west to bring him to the North East immediately and he penned a five-year-deal after what club insiders called a “very thorough” medical.

He has been dogged by injuries this year and has not kicked a ball in anger since October.

However, he says talk of a nagging groin injury is nothing more than mischief-making.

He said: “I have been back in training for two weeks.

“I am fine and I am ready to start pre-season in July with the rest of the Newcastle players.

“It has been tough to be out so long but now I have extra motivation over the summer because I want to be a big success at Newcastle and to make a big impact in England.”

Handily, the move puts him in the frame for a first senior call up for France if things go well. The French national side has been re-invigorated since their World Cup nightmare and, with an injection of new blood, they look set to be a force for years to come.

Happily for the Toon Army, some of those rising stars are opting to come to St James’ Park.

With Ben Arfa and Yohan Cabaye on board, he knows national team scouts will be watching the Magpies next year.

He said: “My dream is to play for France and I have friends here who have already played for the national team.”

With Ben Arfa and Yohan Cabaye on board, he knows national team scouts will be watching the Magpies next year.

This is an interesting point. It's not just the fact that they'll have fellow French-speakers about the place that makes us now an attractive destination for young French players. They also know the national team is more likely to take note of them.

This is an interesting point. It's not just the fact that they'll have fellow French-speakers about the place that makes us now an attractive destination for young French players. They also know the national team is more likely to take note of them.

Yep very good point, hopefully they'll be wanting to perform well for this very reason.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/06/19/sylvain-marveaux-thrilled-to-be-at-newcastle-79310-28901521/

His technique and pace are seen as a key part of a radical black-and-white makeover designed to make United’s midfield more mobile next year.

While that bold plan has split Newcastle supporters, what is certain is Tyneside is getting a player hungry to make the most of his big Premier League chance.

What does that mean? Some Newcastle fans don't want a mobile midfield?  ???

What does that mean? Some Newcastle fans don't want a mobile midfield?  ???

More like some people want to slash their wrists because we've sold Nolan and Barton's in a bad mood.

Sylvain Marveaux thrilled to be at Newcastle

Jun 19 2011 by Mark Douglas, Sunday Sun

SYLVAIN MARVEAUX wants to be Newcastle United’s answer to Florent Malouda.

United’s latest French fancy is a quick, left-footed forward who can play on the wing or up front.

With apologies to the Chelsea forward he is often compared to, Marvellous Marveaux is desperate to make an even bigger impact than his former international team-mate.

He signed a five-year deal yesterday as Newcastle’s summer overhaul steps up a gear.

Marveaux told the Sunday Sun in an exclusive interview: “I am absolutely thrilled to be here – I am so happy I just cannot wait to get started.

“I have been talking to Newcastle for a long time and it was a club which always interested me.

“I had seen St James’ Park on TV and on You Tube but when I came to the ground yesterday morning, I was amazed at how big it is.

“I cannot imagine what it is like when it is full with supporters.”

The move happened very quickly. The Liverpool transfer did not work out but this is not a second option – Newcastle are a very big club with a great tradition and my friend Hatem Ben Arfa speaks well of the city, the players and the manager too.

“It is a big club which can be one of the top clubs in Europe and people at the club have been very good with me.

“I want to repay their faith in me. Now I just want to get started.”

Although a free agent after his contract expired at Rennes, Marveaux was once rated at the £5million mark and had Manchester United, Chelsea and West Ham scouts on his tail earlier in his career.

Asked who he is closest to in terms of style, the 25-year-old said the Chelsea forward Malouda was an inspiration to him.

He added: “In France they say I am like Florent Malouda, which is what I hope to do for Newcastle.

“He is a great player and if I could emulate him I would be happy.

“I think my game is about working hard and scoring goals.

“I will do my best for the club and for the team and I look forward to making this move a success.”

Marveaux joined United’s French revolution in the small hours of yesterday morning after a dramatic U-turn over a move to Liverpool.

There were doubts about his injury record and, as the Merseysiders stalled, Newcastle received a call asking whether they were still interested in taking him to Tyneside.

A car was sent to the north west to bring him to the North East immediately and he penned a five-year-deal after what club insiders called a “very thorough” medical.

He has been dogged by injuries this year and has not kicked a ball in anger since October.

However, he says talk of a nagging groin injury is nothing more than mischief-making.

He said: “I have been back in training for two weeks.

“I am fine and I am ready to start pre-season in July with the rest of the Newcastle players.

“It has been tough to be out so long but now I have extra motivation over the summer because I want to be a big success at Newcastle and to make a big impact in England.”

Handily, the move puts him in the frame for a first senior call up for France if things go well. The French national side has been re-invigorated since their World Cup nightmare and, with an injection of new blood, they look set to be a force for years to come.

Happily for the Toon Army, some of those rising stars are opting to come to St James’ Park.

He said: “My dream is to play for France and I have friends here who have already played for the national team.”

I hope we haven't just signed another Guivarc'h/Marcelino/M.Owen...

Wasn't one of the France managers never arsed to come to SJP, and only watched us away in London when we kept losing?

That's Capello mate.

Chelsea 4-3

West Ham 2-1

Arsenal 1-0

Chelsea 2-2

:nope:

Robert was some how completely ignored in his time here like, might be that.

He was just breaking into the team while at PSG (Pires was already a regular at this point) before his move here after which he didn't earn a single solitary cap, which is absolutely criminal to be honest.

rorysmith_tel Rory Smith

That Marveaux to #nufc deal has surprised me, to say the least. Heard about 7pm last night he'd failed #LFC medical thanks to groin.

18 Jun

rorysmith_tel Rory Smith

On Marveaux, all I know is I'm reliably informed he did fail a medical. #LFC thought they had him. #nufc building good - if fragile - squad.

18 Jun

Probably been posted but whatever. I'm really starting to hate twitter, makes your head spin round and round and worst of all I'm getting addicted to all of this trash gossip. Won't make it through the summer  :weep:

I don't understand.  "he did fail a medical. #LFC thought they had him"

Can I interpret it as Marveaux did not meet Liverpool's medical requirement and thus was offered an inferior contract which Liverpool thought he has no choice but to accept it?

Wasn't one of the France managers never arsed to come to SJP, and only watched us away in London when we kept losing?

That's Capello mate.

Chelsea 4-3

West Ham 2-1

Arsenal 1-0

Chelsea 2-2

Think hes refering to about the Robson era, we didnt win for about 30 odd games until we beat Arsenal 3-1 in 03/04 season??

That's Capello mate.

Chelsea 4-3

West Ham 2-1

Arsenal 1-0

Chelsea 2-2

Think hes refering to about the Robson era, we didnt win for about 30 odd games until we beat Arsenal 3-1 in 03/04 season??

It was 01/02. My favourite Newcastle season since the start of Premier League. In that season we also won 4-3 at home to Manchester Utd, a fantastic game. Keane got a red card in the end trying to punch Shearer.

That's Capello mate.

Chelsea 4-3

West Ham 2-1

Arsenal 1-0

Chelsea 2-2

It was 01/02. My favourite Newcastle season since the start of Premier League. In that season we also won 4-3 at home to Manchester Utd, a fantastic game. Keane got a red card in the end trying to punch Shearer.

I remember that game well, had just had an eye operation and my hed was killing me, bright summers day, i lay in bed at wor lasses flat in west jesmond and listened to it on the radio...

When we scored the last goal i leapt out of bed, jumping about like a loon, then instantly fell to the floor clutching my face in agony.

he didn't fail the medical at Liverpool.  He didn't even take one,  was on his way there to sign and have medical when he diverted to Newcastle and signed for us,  the 5 yr contract was the clincher.