Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

Wasn't one of the France managers never arsed to come to SJP, and only watched us away in London when we kept losing?

That's Capello mate.

Chelsea 4-3

West Ham 2-1

Arsenal 1-0

Chelsea 2-2

:nope:

Robert was some how completely ignored in his time here like, might be that.

Think hes refering to about the Robson era, we didnt win for about 30 odd games until we beat Arsenal 3-1 in 03/04 season??

It was 01/02. My favourite Newcastle season since the start of Premier League. In that season we also won 4-3 at home to Manchester Utd, a fantastic game. Keane got a red card in the end trying to punch Shearer.

I remember that game well, had just had an eye operation and my hed was killing me, bright summers day, i lay in bed at wor lasses flat in west jesmond and listened to it on the radio...

When we scored the last goal i leapt out of bed, jumping about like a loon, then instantly fell to the floor clutching my face in agony.

:lol:

We gave Boro a bloody good arse rodding at their place a week or two after didn't we? Robert ran the show again.

Guest johnson293

At the weekend, both Look North and SSN said he would "join on 1st July for an undisclosed fee".

However, I thought the idea of needing to wait until 1st July was due his Bosman status, and that was when he was technically 'Free'?

So surely there can't be any (transfer) fee, if its still not officially signed off until July 1st?

At the weekend, both Look North and SSN said he would "join on 1st July for an undisclosed fee".

However, I thought the idea of needing to wait until 1st July was due his Bosman status, and that was when he was technically 'Free'?

So surely there can't be any (transfer) fee, if its still not officially signed off until July 1st?

Transfer window doesnt officially open untill July 1st, thats why.

It will be when his contract expires but i doubt whether we gave Rennes anything, if we did i imagine it was nominal. I can't see why we would if he was a free agent.

The transfer window is open now.

In France it doesnt offcially open untill July 1st.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transfer_window

We've managed to sign Cabaye from France though.

Hes not quite as dishy as Cabaye but he shouldnt have too many problems pulling in Liquid.  :pow:

A bloke with warts, 7 eyes, a cleft lip, and Prince Charles ears could pull in liquid.

Maybe if you knew what people who were born with that have to go through, you'd reconsider using it as part of a joke, dickhead.

:thup:

:lol: Quite ridiculous statements from these "holier than thou" people.

It's annoying as it keeps the stigma concerning an illness that, granted, a long time ago could be classed as a massive deformation going on. Today, the wonders of modern medicine has made this condition little more than a scar and in some people a speech impediment of varying severity. People with it still needs tons of surgery and tons of hours put into working their talking to not sound bad.

Naturally, as everything else, it can be made fun of in good humour. However, classing it as a condition of uglyness is scarcely funny even before you try to put it into a bad joke. There's no need to keep the stigma of a condition like this keep going on, and it's ever so annoying each time some f***er decides to use it as an example of deformation and uglyness as in today's society (bar perhaps some third world countries and the likes) it's to the outside world no more than a small scar after reaching your teens. (Unless you've not had surgery on your nose yet, if it was needed.)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

These posts made me full on chuckle on the bus like.

We've managed to sign Cabaye from France though.

Only to the same extent that we've signed Marveaux. He's agreed to join, signed the contract, held the shirt up, stood on the pitch, but his registration won't transfer to us until July 1st.

I'm sure it said in the chronicle/journal article regarding Marveaux that he would be back-up to Jonas. :dontknow:

The article said that he was signed as "competition" to Jonas.

There's apparently going to be a big interview with him in tomorrow's edition of France Football about the transfer so I'll translate it if they stick it online. They've put a little bit on the website tonight as a taster...

http://www.francefootball.fr/#!/news/2011/06/20/222858_s-marveaux-voulait-changer-de-contexte.html

After five seasons in Ligue 1 playing for Rennes, Sylvain Marveaux joined Newcastle. This Tuesday in France Football, the 25 year-old midfielder explains his decision.

We didn't see too much of Sylvain Marveaux last season on the pitches of Ligue 1 as a result of a complicated injury to his thigh. We won't see him anytime soon either. Longtime set to sign for Liverpool, he signed in the end for Newcastle on a 5 year contract. This Tuesday inside France Football, he explains this change, and of his decision to leave Rennes.

"I really wanted a change of scenery and to change leagues", said Marveaux. "The Premier League soon became my number one priority. I spoke with Hatem (Ben Arfa) during our rehabilitation at Clairefontaine. He explained to me that even during the small amount of time he played before his injury, he had appreciated the enthusiasm and that he was very happy there".