Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

Yeah they should be telling Marveaux and any other signing/potential signing that we're not really sure if we can finish mid table this season let alone higher..  Honestly any reason to have a go at the club :doh:

I am sure all clubs currently midtable will be telling potential signings that they hope to remain where they are and wont embellish a little :lol:

i'd guess most of those players would also take a look at those prospective team mates.

Yeah they should be telling Marveaux and any other signing/potential signing that we're not really sure if we can finish mid table this season let alone higher..  Honestly any reason to have a go at the club :doh:

Lets put it another way do you think Marveaux has come here to win things with us when the last notable cup was back in 1969 ,Enrique has seen that he is gonna win nowt here with a club with no ambition and will try and make the most from his football career and i dont blame him .Recent history shows (post Ashley) that we are now a selling club and Tiote will be gone if they can make a profit so when you  have a dig at me think about where we are going and thats why i am being negative ,yes you sell a club to a potential signing but do you honestly feel confident that we are heading in the right direction , i am not having a cheap pop but i am worried that our squad will become weaker in the next few weeks and incomings being obtained on the cheap and unproven at this level ,i hope i am proved wrong .

Lets put it another way do you think Marveaux has come here to win things with us when the last notable cup was back in 1969 ,Enrique has seen that he is gonna win nowt here with a club with no ambition and will try and make the most from his football career and i dont blame him .Recent history shows (post Ashley) that we are now a selling club and Tiote will be gone if they can make a profit so when you  have a dig at me think about where we are going and thats why i am being negative ,yes you sell a club to a potential signing but do you honestly feel confident that we are heading in the right direction , i am not having a cheap pop but i am worried that our squad will become weaker in the next few weeks and incomings being obtained on the cheap and unproven at this level ,i hope i am proved wrong .

well we'll have to wait and see....but for the rest, enrique may well reckon he can do better and he possibly could but as yet no-one has, as for being a selling club, i'll guess that means carroll, every fan from all other clubs i've spoke to have said they'd have sold for 25mill let alone 35.

merveaux hasn't really come here to win things, but to improve and make a step up.....like enrique did and tiote when they came here. get the right mix and the club moves up aswell.

well we'll have to wait and see....but for the rest, enrique may well reckon he can do better and he possibly could but as yet no-one has, as for being a selling club, i'll guess that means carroll, every fan from all other clubs i've spoke to have said they'd have sold for 25mill let alone 35.

merveaux hasn't really come here to win things, but to improve and make a step up.....like enrique did and tiote when they came here. get the right mix and the club moves up aswell.

I hope so

I think Marveaux has come here because he's getting a good contract, playing with some countrymen he knows and feels he's wanted (since we've been after him for quite some time).  I don't think he's someone to be felt sorry for or that the club have done anything wrong by telling him anything that'll help us sign him.  That's what they should do!  You're obviously worried about the direction the club is heading in, and I can understand some of it (though IMO some is overblown like assuming Tiote will be sold ect).  But having a go because they're being as optimistic as possible with a new signing isn't really fair IMO.

I think Marveaux has come here because he's getting a good contract, playing with some countrymen he knows and feels he's wanted (since we've been after him for quite some time).  I don't think he's someone to be felt sorry for or that the club have done anything wrong by telling him anything that'll help us sign him.  That's what they should do!  You obviously have a very negative view of the club and what's going on, and I can understand some of it (though IMO some is overblown IMO like assuming Tiote will be sold ect).  But the fact is having a go because they're being as optimistic as possible with a new signing is f***ing stupid.

Not really bothered what you think its my opinion and ive been watching the Toon since 1969 and know a thing or two about being ran poorly so dont call me stupid when you know as well as me that the powers that be see him as a potential money spinner if he does well  ,i feel sorry for him as he may believe his ambitions can come true here and im being cynical for that reason .

:mick:  "In my day....."

I personally don't have a problem with our buying policy. To say we have no ambition to win anything or improve makes no sense, Its cutting your nose off to spite your face. If Ashley is only looking to buy players cheap and sell them on then the players themselves have to be performing well and we have to be improving as a team to do that. 

I respect the fact you have seen this trend and been through worse and better owners but give the constant negativity a rest. The club might not be moving forward at the rate of Man City or Chelsea but we don't have those funds. I don't really see the problem with going about the way the club is being run to steadily improve, what other option do we have? Eventually we want to be in a position closer to where we wouldn't have to sell our best players if high bids come in, but if its right and it funds a larger improvement to the club then we have little choice.

I don't know where you think we are as a club in world standing but if the likes of Manure, Arsenal, Liverpool and even Spurs (who are streaks ahead of us) can't keep their best players what chance do we have, if bigger clubs come in with big bids the players head will also be turned, when we start selling our best players consistently to clubs at our standard or lower then I will be concerned..for where we are now the players that leave us only leave for bigger clubs and unfortunately that is a way of the footballing world. Do you think if we had "showed some ambition" and signed Gameiro and he actually played consistently well for us that we wouldnt have Man City, Real Madrid or someone else knocking on the door in a year or so? I guess its win win because people could moan if that happened and if it didnt it would probably mean he didnt play well and was "yet another expensive waste of money" and another "foreign flop". Blame the scouts, blame the club.

I have had my share of ambition under the previous regimes, none have heralded silverware and while big name signings came it only brought us closer to ultimate destruction. Our chance to be riding as a constant in the top four went out with SBR and a plethora of stupid decisions after his sacking.

Until we get taken over by a mystery billionaire the best for forward is by creating our own stars and buying on the cheap and if you want to call us a selling club so be it, but every player at every club has a price so believe we are in good company.

:mick:  "In my day....."

I personally don't have a problem with our buying policy. To say we have no ambition to win anything or improve makes no sense, Its cutting your nose off to spite your face. If Ashley is only looking to buy players cheap and sell them on then the players themselves have to be performing well and we have to be improving as a team to do that. 

I respect the fact you have seen this trend and been through worse and better owners but give the constant negativity a rest. The club might not be moving forward at the rate of Man City or Chelsea but we don't have those funds. I don't really see the problem with going about the way the club is being run to steadily improve, what other option do we have? Eventually we want to be in a position closer to where we wouldn't have to sell our best players if high bids come in, but if its right and it funds a larger improvement to the club then we have little choice.

I don't know where you think we are as a club in world standing but if the likes of Manure, Arsenal, Liverpool and even Spurs (who are streaks ahead of us) can't keep their best players what chance do we have, if bigger clubs come in with big bids the players head will also be turned, when we start selling our best players consistently to clubs at our standard or lower then I will be concerned..for where we are now the players that leave us only leave for bigger clubs and unfortunately that is a way of the footballing world. Do you think if we had "showed some ambition" and signed Gameiro and he actually played consistently well for us that we wouldnt have Man City, Real Madrid or someone else knocking on the door in a year or so? I guess its win win because people could moan if that happened and if it didnt it would probably mean he didnt play well and was "yet another expensive waste of money" and another "foreign flop". Blame the scouts, blame the club.

I have had my share of ambition under the previous regimes, none have heralded silverware and while big name signings came it only brought us closer to ultimate destruction. Our chance to be riding as a constant in the top four went out with SBR and a plethora of stupid decisions after his sacking.

Until we get taken over by a mystery billionaire the best for forward is by creating our own stars and buying on the cheap and if you want to call us a selling club so be it, but every player at every club has a price so believe we are in good company.

Guess im on a downer atm with the owner and Pardew with his soundbites that day by day seem to contradict himself ,i know our position in the world but overall so far in this window we are lacking quality and back ups in certain positions especially a centre forward ,i dont want buying for buyings sake as its a waste of time but imho we have hit a brick wall in the forward position unless we are waiting for the money to start moving around or the season to kick in and put a bid in for a player who is not starting the season as first choice at his own club and thats dangerous game to play if we dont get them in time but thats a different thread and scenario.

So we now hate the owners so much we don't want players to sign because they may have been told over ambitious plans? Wow :lol:

Yes i hate the owner and i never said dont sign the players but its the spin that makes me laugh and i really do hope the signings do well for our club as we all really want that but you have got to see the funny side to what Sylvain has been told and yes i know thats what you tell a player but its the irony of it tbf  :iamatwat:

pleased im getting some bites tbh its what forums are there for  :fishing:

Looking at the way Ashley runs his business, cost cutting and looking for bargains is a major part, but you don't get to where he has without a competitive streak and a desire to win. In pursuit of that, he likes the odd gamble, and pitting his judgement against his competitors. The idea that he's only interested in money and will sell anyone when the chance of a profit comes along is misreading the situation.

A decision that marks him out is the one to give a five year contract to a loan player with a badly broken leg who'd only played 4 games. We could well reap big rewards in terms of the player's performance and our reputation in France, which I think has helped in player recruitment.

Looking at the way Ashley runs his business, cost cutting and looking for bargains is a major part, but you don't get to where he has without a competitive streak and a desire to win. In pursuit of that, he likes the odd gamble, and pitting his judgement against his competitors. The idea that he's only interested in money and will sell anyone when the chance of a profit comes along is misreading the situation.

A decision that marks him out is the one to give a five year contract to a loan player with a badly broken leg who'd only played 4 games. We could well reap big rewards in terms of the player's performance and our reputation in France, which I think has helped in player recruitment.

As we've seen with Gameiro and Erding...

I really don't like being the kind of guy who pisses on others chips but Ashley's judgement since taking over Newcastle has largely been poor. Consecutive mistakes cost the club heavily.

As the 2011/12 season hasn't even started let alone finished i have no idea if his judgement will prove any better this year.

We'll wait and see.

We certainly can't look to his past at the club for a good precedent though.

And we are expected to pay for his mistakes...

If people behave like fans/supporters then of course.

If people start to behave like customers instead then he's in a big pile of his own poo.

And we are expected to pay for his mistakes...

What do you mean by "we" though? The fans? Well fans are obviously affected by everything the owner does, it can't be any other way. It would be ridiculous to expect an owner to make mistakes then shield the fans from them by spending more and more of his money, no owner does that (well except the sugar daddies).

It's not like if he makes a good decision he keeps all the benefits for himself. Not that that happens very often, obviously.

Guest neesy111

I think Marveaux has come here because he's getting a good contract, playing with some countrymen he knows and feels he's wanted (since we've been after him for quite some time).  I don't think he's someone to be felt sorry for or that the club have done anything wrong by telling him anything that'll help us sign him.  That's what they should do!  You obviously have a very negative view of the club and what's going on, and I can understand some of it (though IMO some is overblown IMO like assuming Tiote will be sold ect).  But the fact is having a go because they're being as optimistic as possible with a new signing is f***ing stupid.

Not really bothered what you think its my opinion and ive been watching the Toon since 1969 and know a thing or two about being ran poorly so dont call me stupid when you know as well as me that the powers that be see him as a potential money spinner if he does well  ,i feel sorry for him as he may believe his ambitions can come true here and im being cynical for that reason .

So why should any player want to join us ever, if we can't guarantee trophies for them.  Any player coming to this club should be told that if they are part of the team that wins our 1st trophy in 40 years they'll be heralded as gods in Newcastle, that has got to be an incentive to some players (though not to Carroll the cunt).

I wouldn't be too worried about it, anyone who's been to SJP for a decent victory, walked up to the ground among the black and white army, or witnessed us hammer the like of Sunderland and Villa knows that this is a fucking amazing club and a brilliant place to play football.

It's just that until we get back into the Premier League elite we will lose a player from time to time, it's just how football works. It seems unusual to us because we don't usually have players that anyone will take.