Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

Colocho said he was a touchline winger who like to cross. Everything else I've read and heard has suggested the complete obvious.

Think it's worth taking anything he says on this player with a pinch of salt.

Why 'this player' out of interest?

Guest mimifrench

He's a better version of Routledge.

How's his final ball?

Much better than Routledge's. He's a good crosser of the ball but I'm hoping he'll have a license to cut inside, much like Malouda does when he's playing at his best for Chelsea.

It was funny seeing people shitting their pants about his injury record. Personally, I think he's been unlucky recently, and not necessarily a crock.

I'm more concerned about his lack of strength and general consistency. As good as he is at taking on opponents he's the kind of player who will make a few mistakes, get down and disappear from the game. Problem is, Ben Arfa shares the same characteristic. This is why I personally think we shouldn't be so ready to shed Gutierrez - who's made of much sterner stuff than Marveaux and HBA.

You know, it is very difficult to be consistent for a player if you don't play the game or when your coach only bring you on the pitch in order to save the game...

All it means is that Marveaux and HBA are 2 very very very different players

And to worry about Marveaux's injury recors is perfectly understandable because he didn't play since october or november. And, if i can express my thoughts, the problem with Liverpool as regards he "failed" the medical is strange, i mean it can possibly be true.

Je suis très désolé, Mimi. I forgot how much you bum Ben Arfa - even daring to doubt his state of mind at times on the pitch would be a "péché mortel".

They are relatively similar players in footballing terms, but mentally there share a similar weakness (of course wor Benny's is more severe). I think they'll play well together though, Marveaux on the left, HBA down the middle.

My fear is that Marveaux could become another Dyer. Still, I'll keep telling myself that he's just been 'unlucky' with injuries and we aren't going to have a crock on our hands for five years.

He's a better version of Routledge.

How's his final ball?

Much better than Routledge's. He's a good crosser of the ball but I'm hoping he'll have a license to cut inside, much like Malouda does when he's playing at his best for Chelsea.

It was funny seeing people shitting their pants about his injury record. Personally, I think he's been unlucky recently, and not necessarily a crock.

I'm more concerned about his lack of strength and general consistency. As good as he is at taking on opponents he's the kind of player who will make a few mistakes, get down and disappear from the game. Problem is, Ben Arfa shares the same characteristic. This is why I personally think we shouldn't be so ready to shed Gutierrez - who's made of much sterner stuff than Marveaux and HBA.

You know, it is very difficult to be consistent for a player if you don't play the game or when your coach only bring you on the pitch in order to save the game...

All it means is that Marveaux and HBA are 2 very very very different players

And to worry about Marveaux's injury recors is perfectly understandable because he didn't play since october or november. And, if i can express my thoughts, the problem with Liverpool as regards he "failed" the medical is strange, i mean it can possibly be true.

Liverpool have already confirmed that he didn't fail his medical.

Guest mimifrench

Je suis très désolé, Mimi. I forgot how much you bum Ben Arfa - even daring to doubt his state of mind at times on the pitch would be a "péché mortel".

They are relatively similar players in footballing terms, but mentally there share a similar weakness (of course wor Benny's is more severe). I think they'll play well together though, Marveaux on the left, HBA down the middle.

My fear is that Marveaux could become another Dyer. Still, I'll keep telling myself that he's just been 'unlucky' with injuries and we aren't going to have a crock on our hands for five years.

No, sorry... I really think that is ("partially") wrong

The Marveaux signing pleases me more in that us nicking him from the scousers seems to have left them flapping to find someone else with a new LW linked every other day. Obviously hadn't planned for anything other than Marveaux signing.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/07/09/marveaux-french-quartet-can-re-ignite-toon-72703-29023940/

NEWCASTLE United new boy Sylvain Marveaux reckons that Alan Pardew’s French revolution can re-ignite the Toon Army this season.

Marveaux has revealed that talks with Pardew have excited him ahead of his first campaign in the Premier League and the long-term goal at St James’ Park has left him with Euro vision.

The flying winger is straining at the leash to make his United bow, and is likely to get that chance at Darlington next Friday night in the Magpies’ first pre-season match.

But while the Darlington Arena may well seem like a million miles away from even the Europa League and forays on to the Continent for the Geordie faithful, Marveaux believes the hard work starts here.

The United summer signing told the Chronicle: “We know there is a lot of work to do before we think about Europe, but we are keen to get something started this season and the French players are all determined to be involved in that.

“I have spoken with the manager a lot.

“From what he says about the way the team will play I think I can ignite the supporters.

“The club wants to do very big things and achieve success, which is why I came here.

“I came here with the idea of playing in Europe.

“That’s certainly what the long-term vision is.”

With Yohan Cabaye, Hatem Ben Arfa and Demba Ba set to make up a French foursome this season, Marveaux is confident that they can all play a huge part in the season for Pardew’s men.

He said: “I know Hatem well, and I know Yohan and Demba Ba a little bit from even before I came here.

“It is good that we can all communicate and speak French but we will be communicating in English as well.

“We are working towards that and trying to get the right blend, that’s what we are looking ahead to.

“What you have to remember is there are already a lot of good players in the team already. That can only bode well for us going forward.

The 25-year-old has enjoyed his first week in training at the club’s Benton base and came through with flying colours.

Yet he also said he is rapidly falling in love with Newcastle itself and especially Geordie folk, and that swapping his baguettes for stottie cakes hasn’t been a problem so far.

He said: “I love it here, the people are very friendly too.

“I have only been here a short time but I have been around the city and you can almost taste the passion of the Geordie people.

“It is similar in size to Rennes.

“But you can anticipate what the fans want from their team and I am looking forward to being part of it.”

That's more like it, a bit of ambition. :thup:

There's no reason the club can't match it.

Just looked at this lad's compliations on a renowned video streaming site and must say I'm rather looking forward to seeing him play.

Seen the goal like Oba's? :fwap:

So he looks quick, likes to get a foot in, set piece taker, likes to cut in and slip balls in, bit of a hammer of a left foot when he fancies it.

Shame about his injury record but I still think a lot are underestimating what he will give us, like Ba.

Just looked at this lad's compliations on a renowned video streaming site and must say I'm rather looking forward to seeing him play.

Seen the goal like Oba's? :fwap:

Yes, yes I have :frantic:

He looks 2 footed, quick, nice touch and shot, gets back to defend a bit - but not the most disciplined in terms of sticking to his position.  Tiote might be a busy lad next year.

He looks 2 footed, quick, nice touch and shot, gets back to defend a bit - but not the most disciplined in terms of sticking to his position.  Tiote might be a busy lad next year.

That's what his handsome sidekick Cabaye is there for.

That's what his handsome sidekick Cabaye is there for.

Word, Cabaye sitting next to Tiote putting the foot in when required and pinging the ball about when he gets it :snod: