Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

I'd just start Marveaux on the right to begin with and see how it goes. He looks like he has a lot of technique so I imagine he'd be quite decent cutting inside. Didn't he set Cabaye up for a chance from the right against Villa late on?

Guest hatem garrincha

No chance Jonas will be played on the right.

if he can play right back for Argentina, he can play right wing for us

:lol:

I'd just start Marveaux on the right to begin with and see how it goes. He looks like he has a lot of technique so I imagine he'd be quite decent cutting inside. Didn't he set Cabaye up for a chance from the right against Villa late on?

From the centre :)

I know this can be a recipe for a disaster but wouldn't mind Pardew just putting gutirrez marveaux and Ben Arfa on the pitch and saying, go where you like

We did that once with Robert and he ended up in the hotdog queue.

I don't understand where this "Jonas will play badly if he plays on the right" view comes from. I remember seeing him start on the right.... twice? He did pretty well in at least one of those appearances, vaguely remember the second appearance being a bit shit but it wasn't much worse than his usual performances at the time.

I don't understand where this "Jonas will play badly if he plays on the right" view comes from. I remember seeing him start on the right.... twice? He did pretty well in at least one of those appearances, vaguely remember the second appearance being a bit shit but it wasn't much worse than his usual performances at the time.

Agree, think he will do well on the right.

My dream midfield.

Ben Arfa   

Marv                      Jonas

Cabaye

Tiote

No chance Jonas will be played on the right.

Why?  He likes to drift about the pitch and pretty much switch flanks at times anyway.  Marveaux could come in at some point and make himself undroppable (doubt that's a word TBH  :lol:) his performances so far have certainly been promising and I can see him being in the regular starting XI by the turn of the year.

I seem to remember Jonas has been quite poor on the right for us and has rarely played there.  But he's improved so much since he's been with us, and I would say having a left footer and right footer on the flanks being able to interchange would be quality.

Certainly don't see how there is 'no chance Jonas will be played on the right'

You mis-undertand Nath, i've never commented on his ability to play on the right. I'm simply saying that Pardew will not play him on the right.

Pretty risky to move a player winning games for you on the left to the right to accomodate someone new coming in & Pardew wont do it due to that. Marvs scored goals from the right before, just start him that side. Still prob hold a starting place down, he looks very talented.

Pretty risky to move a player winning games for you on the left to the right to accomodate someone new coming in & Pardew wont do it due to that. Marvs scored goals from the right before, just start him that side. Still prob hold a starting place down, he looks very talented.

have you ever seen him play on the right?

No, be fun wouldnt it. Yeah.

Seriously though why couldn't he start on the right? Just cutting inside as opposed to breezing down the wing and crossing with his right, just cut in and score a 35 yarder with his left, like every game.

Seriously though why couldn't he start on the right? Just cutting inside as opposed to breezing down the wing and crossing with his right, just cut in and score a 35 yarder with his left, like every game.

He isn't really known for his shooting from long distance...

:lol: but do you get my point about the cutting in though? Couldn't hurt to try? I admit I've never seen him play ever except for us so I have no idea.

Guest hatem garrincha

He is well known for his very good shooting technique...

:lol: but do you get my point about the cutting in though? Couldn't hurt to try? I admit I've never seen him play ever except for us so I have no idea.

Yeah. I'd rather see him given a chance on the right than watch Obertan play week-in-week-out.