Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

Was Oberwank Pardew's signing moreso than Carr's? Could explain why he's still getting in ahead of Marv? Could well be talking bollocks, I just find it ridiculous that someone with Marv's talent is struggling to get pitch time at the mo.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I fear Obertan may start against Stoke due to his ability to leap.

He hasn't got an ability to leap though.  Marveaux is a much better player and should start games.

He has. Not that I agree with selecting him.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Not seen this leap myself, yet. Would like to have seen him deal with the aerial ball (that led to the goal) in the same way that Marveaux did!

It's not some immense 20foot flying jump or anything :lol: , just noticed he can get above quite a few players with his height and run up speed.

Think it was mentioned during the ESPN commentary of the Arsenal game the club were impressed with it when he came for his first session with the group. Hopefully won't be involved but :undecided:

Guest elbee909

I don't really understand the thinking.  If Obertan is the pacey one, bring him on at the end, and start with Marveaux, surely.

Marveaux looks streets ahead of Obertan in terms of talent. Obertan's just another Pancrate IMO. Fast and direct, but little else.

Young enough that he can improve though. Needs to learn some ball skills and get his head up a bit more then he could be a terrific little player.*

The phrase "Terrific little player" appears here with kind permission of Mr H. Redknapp, ©1990-2011. All rights reserved.

Marveaux is fast, he rarely loses the ball and his centre of balance means he can turn in no time and stay on his feet. He's got so much potential and he'll scare the shit out of opposition players once he's bedded into the team.  I can’t wait to see him playing football every week.

I don't really understand the thinking.  If Obertan is the pacey one, bring him on at the end, and start with Marveaux, surely.

It's no good having pace if he doesn't know how to use it.

Pardew probably thought he'd have another good game like he did vs. Blackburn since Wigan aren't that good. Hopefully Marveaux starts from now on, can't see any more excuses to start Obertan anymore.