Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

Think he'll get 30 minutes on Saturday and then play the full game Vs Blackburn. After that he should start instead of Obertan.

That's the way I see it to be honest. I think Santon and Ben Arfa are more likely to come in next game, and I think Pardew would be reluctant to make too many changes to a so far winning formula.

I actually (surprisingly) have faith in how Pardew is approaching things and am pretty certain we'll eventually see our strongest line-up. He's showing good man management by keeping faith in those that are currently performing.

I think in the past we may have rushed to give him some playing time but our good start have enabled us to bide our time with him. Hopefully he'll get some playing time on Saturday against Wigan, a start in the cup against Blackburn then he should be ready for a start, unless Obertan's form picks up?

Guest firetotheworks

Putting hi in for Obertan is a no-brainer to me.

Obertan has been underpar

Jonas has been mint

Marveaux has been in good form, and on the right.

This is what John Carver said today:

“We saw a glimpse this week of how much he’s improved condition-wise,” “That was a major factor when he came in. He’d had issues, and wasn’t up to speed.”

“He’s worked extremely hard, and I mean extremely hard.”  ” It’s been difficult for him, as he’s not been in the team.” “He’s not used that as an excuse. He’s rolled his sleeves up. He went to Bolton, and I thought he was superb.”

“For me, he could do a job on either side. He’s got his mind focused on training, and he’s waiting for his opportunity.” “That’s what’s putting pressure on the two wide guys at the moment.”

Carver's words are encouraging especially the bit I've put in bold.

I believe we should play a full strength side in the League Cup as we could really do damage in that tournament and may actually win it.

But yeah, Marveaux over Obertan all day and tomorrow. To me, he has looked better than Ben Arfa this season as his game is simpler. Unlike Obertan he has a brain and looks up. I'm not sure he's super quick but his ball control is excellent so he mixes it up, jinx in and out where as Obertan is so one dimensional it's scary.

Hopefully he should get a start against Blackburn, Obertan needs a kick up the arse, he has ridden the confidence excuse despite being first choice for far too long now.

Will lose as bit of pace with Marveaux but I'm confident we will see him take chances going forward and actually looking to create something, rather than play hot potato with the ball and lay it back to someone behind as soon as he gets the ball.

Guest schmuck

Marveaux should play right, Santon should play behind him to exploit the space he leaves when he drifts in. Our best option right now, hope AP gives it a go at Blackburn for 45

There was one moment in the right hand corner at the end of the game today when his touch to bring the ball down from the air was top class.

I'd like to see him and Jonas interchange though, simply to give us more width.

Absolutely Tooj, came in here to mention that. The main thing that i can extract from his performances so far, is that his touch is sublime.

The control off the chest, and the assist to Cabaye that followed really was top drawer.