Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

:aww: Great interview. Glad we're signing players that understand the need for quality squad players in our push for the CL League Title

Fuck sake. Have some realism, mate. CL, assault on the League and FA Cups and now the title?

:aww: Great interview. Glad we're signing players that understand the need for quality squad players in our push for the CL League Title

f*** sake. Have some realism, mate. CL, assault on the League and FA Cups and now the title?

Pardew out if we don't achieve all of the above.

f*** sake. Have some realism, mate. CL, assault on the League and FA Cups and now the title?

Pardew out if we don't achieve all of the above.

Screw it. You've got a point.

• 2 weeks later...

This is what John Carver said today:

“We saw a glimpse this week of how much he’s improved condition-wise,” “That was a major factor when he came in. He’d had issues, and wasn’t up to speed.”

“He’s worked extremely hard, and I mean extremely hard.”  ” It’s been difficult for him, as he’s not been in the team.” “He’s not used that as an excuse. He’s rolled his sleeves up. He went to Bolton, and I thought he was superb.”

“For me, he could do a job on either side. He’s got his mind focused on training, and he’s waiting for his opportunity.” “That’s what’s putting pressure on the two wide guys at the moment.”

The lack of first-team football is concerning.

He could have made a big difference against Spurs.

Literally the post above you has stated why there has been a lack of first team football. He's getting up to speed and is banging on the door.

Pretty certain we'll eventually see him as a regular in the team. Also encouraging that Carver has said he can play on either side, as I'd rather not touch Jonas given his form.

Edit: And to be fair our subs made a pretty big impact against Spurs...

I definitely want to see him start a game to see the difference between him and obertan. Perhaps Wigan game is perfect for him in place of obertan.

The lack of first-team football is concerning.

He could have made a big difference against Spurs.

Literally the post above you has stated why there has been a lack of first team football. He's getting up to speed and is banging on the door.

Pretty certain we'll eventually see him as a regular in the team. Also encouraging that Carver has said he can play on either side, as I'd rather not touch Jonas given his form.

Edit: And to be fair our subs made a pretty big impact against Spurs...

It's mid-October.

Agree. For me, he simply has to come in for Obertan. If only to have a bit of a different feel down the right side. Yes, I'd play him down the right, let him cut in cause a bit of mayhem playing the likes of HBA and Ba through.

We could actually become quite a dynamic and fluid side with Marveaux and Jonas.

I would certainly line up Jonas on the left and Marv on the right, but I would also encourage them to swap over throughout the game. It would make it a lot harder for the opposition to deal with us as our playing style would most likely change as soon as they swap sides.

Still wary of making too many changes all at once, the mackems should be a warning about 'on paper' football.

It is good to hear the staff consider him an option for either side as although I have nothing against Obertan, we can't drop Jonas and shifting him over might not be a good idea given his performances down the left.

As someone said, It's a good problem to have.

Marveaux has always looked a left-sided midfielder to me, but it'll be interesting to see him on the right hand side. It will however restrict Tiote and/or Cabaye going forward, especially if Simpson is overlapping.