Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

Guest Geordiesned

Ryder had seemingly unblocked me on Twitter as he replied to my tweet telling him to keep up. I think he's blocked me again already though! :lol:

Dave, if you have anyone logging on the forums where the IP lookup takes you to North Shields fish quay, next to the ferry landing...thats Lee Ryder ;)

Are you saying that I'm lee ryder when I'm work then? :lol:

all the pieces falling into place.

Dave, if you have anyone logging on the forums where the IP lookup takes you to North Shields fish quay, next to the ferry landing...thats Lee Ryder ;)

Are you saying that I'm lee ryder when I'm work then? :lol:

all the pieces falling into place.

:lol:

Meanwhile, Sylvain Marveaux is the shock name in contention for a place on the bench against Stoke.

Pardew confirmed he had “a chance” of playing on tomorrow – while Cheick Tioté, James Perch, Danny Guthrie and Gabriel Obertan are all back fit.

I wouldn't risk him against stoke, he'll get clattered.

He'll only get a couple of minutes I'd have though if he is on the bench at all. Remarkable really, didnt think we'd see him again this season. Thought it was going to be a HBA last season type scenario.

The little bits we saw this season were absolute class, assists for fun. Excited about him, great control on the ball & should be inspired by our season.

Just get him/keep him fit for next season now. As slowly as needed.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Lee Ryder has finally caught up with this news this morning.

Was that you have the twitter 'war' with him?  :lol: His articles use the magic words of Journalism where you can say stuff without committing 'could' 'maybe' 'might'. Its no different to any of us saying that Steven Taylor could be fit for the end of the season - if he isn't we never said he WOULD be back. If he is then we're awesome.

Guest Geordiesned

Was that you have the twitter 'war' with him?  :lol: His articles use the magic words of Journalism where you can say stuff without committing 'could' 'maybe' 'might'. Its no different to any of us saying that Steven Taylor could be fit for the end of the season - if he isn't we never said he WOULD be back. If he is then we're awesome.

Aye that was me. :lol: He completely missed my point, made himself look like a fool so resorted to lying that I'd been sending him friend requests on Facebook! What an absolute tool. He makes Alan Oliver look like a talented journalist and that takes some doing.

The strange thing is he actually blocked me ages ago for questionning his pro-Ashley stance. No debate just blocked. So he must have unblocked me to see my tweet. He clearly loves me really. :lol:

Aye that was me. :lol: He completely missed my point, made himself look like a fool so resorted to lying that I'd been sending him friend requests on Facebook! What an absolute tool. He makes Alan Oliver look like a talented journalist and that takes some doing.

The strange thing is he actually blocked me ages ago for questionning his pro-Ashley stance. No debate just blocked. So he must have unblocked me to see my tweet. He clearly loves me really. :lol:

:lol:

With the versatility of a number of our players we really have some great options from the bench when everyone is fit.

Marveaux, Perch and Raylor can play about 3-4 positions each then you have the likes of Santon and Jonas who will be starting and can switch to a number of positions if required.

Not only have we brought in quality players but I love the fact we have also brought in a lot of these types of players. The pace of the side is excellent too, doesn't feel like that long ago when we had about 2 or 3 quick players in the whole squad :lol:

With the versatility of a number of our players we really have some great options from the bench when everyone is fit.

Marveaux, Perch and Raylor can play about 3-4 positions each then you have the likes of Santon and Jonas who will be starting and can switch to a number of positions if required.

Not only have we brought in quality players but I love the fact we have also brought in a lot of these types of players. The pace of the side is excellent too, doesn't feel like that long ago when we had about 2 or 3 quick players in the whole squad :lol:

Viduka Geremi era :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2012/05/09/alan-pardew-will-resist-sylvain-marveaux-temptation-61634-30928070/

Alan Pardew will resist Sylvain Marveaux temptation

by Stuart Rayner, The Journal

May 9 2012

ALAN Pardew will resist the temptation to give Sylvain Marveaux another taste of first-team football at Goodison Park on Sunday.

The French winger is back in training after the groin injury which has ruined his season. The 26-year-old has not played since Newcastle United and Everton last met, on Bonfire Night.

Although he probably could feature on Sunday, manager Pardew is opting to play it safe with a player whose Magpies career is still to get going.

“Sylvain’s looking really good in training at the minute,” he revealed. “You have to remember that he was out for a long time before we signed him, so he’s almost had 18 months without any kind of football at all. We have to be careful with him.

“To be pitching him in now would be a little bit unfair, but he certainly looks good.”

A move to Liverpool last summer broke down amid suggestions the then-Rennes player had failed a medical. Marveaux denied the rumours. Whatever the cause, it allowed Newcastle to sign him on a free transfer.

Marveaux was acquired as a player who could inject the pace Pardew was looking for into Newcastle’s play. But, like fellow French winger Gabriel Obertan, his debut season has been extremely disappointing.

Click here to find out more!

While they have floundered, compatriot Hatem Ben Arfa has established himself as Newcastle’s first-choice right-winger, having been viewed only as a “No.10” by Pardew in the first half of the campaign.

Allowed to feel his way in after the knee injury which ended his time in France, Marveaux has made only one Premier League start for the Magpies, in the 2-1 win over Everton. He started all three League Cup games, and made five substitute appearances in the league.

In the winter he was sent for groin surgery at the Colorado clinic where the world-renowned Richard Steadman treated Alan Shearer and Craig Bellamy.

But Pardew (pictured right) is refusing to write off the former Under-21 international, which is why, like Danny Simpson, his season has been declared over.

“I think a holiday will do him good because he’s worked ever so hard to get back,” he commented. “Pre-season will be an extremely important period for him, and that’ll be his best route back in terms of finding his real ability. He certainly has ability and it’ll be great to have him available for next season.

“He’s got great technical ability, he really has. In terms of talent and technique, he’s a top player.”

Aside from wanting to do the best thing by Marveaux, Pardew is in no position to gift places in what will be an extremely important final game of the season for the Magpies. They could finish as high as third or as low as fifth, depending on Sunday’s results.

Third carries qualification for the Champions League. If Newcastle finish fourth they will only go into the qualifying rounds if Bayern Munich win this season’s competition, the final of which is a week on Saturday. Otherwise Chelsea will join the top three clubs as England’s representatives.

The Magpies will play European football next term, for the first time in five years. Fifth and sixth place go into the Europa League.

To finish third Newcastle must beat Everton and hope Arsenal lose to West Bromwich Albion and Tottenham Hotspur fail to beat Fulham.

Simpson wore a surgical boot during the traditional lap of honour which followed Sunday’s 2-0 win over Manchester City – the first game he had missed this season. The right-back turned his ankle during the previous week’s 4-0 defeat at Wigan Athletic.

“He’s got no chance for Everton,” said Pardew. “I think his chances are for next year now.”

Where he will be then is unclear.

Simpson will then be in the last year of his contract. He has so far failed to agree an extension.

Really looking forward to seeing him, from the very limited time he had on the pitch he looked like he would be more comfortable in the centre than on the wing like, and he didn't exactly look lightening quick.

A more subdued Benny would be alreet tbh.