André Villas-Boas

TheGuv

Guest Chubby Jason

It's amazing how little I care about Chelsea and their constant manager search. That, and Ambramovich's "unquenchable" desire to win the Champions League. Fuck off.

I just hope and pray that Chelsea never win another trophy for so long as Abramovich is there to spunk his endless millions corrupting the integrity of the sport.

On Chelsea's part. It's becoming a joke how the likes of them and City will just throw any amount of money at anyone to bribe them into working (or playing) for them. I mean the money around the Premier League has been a farce for ages but this is just getting daft now. The guy's managed them for one season and is younger than Frank Lampard.

Porto have received the outstanding amount detailed in the termination clause of Villas-Boas's contract, paving the way for a move to Chelsea.

The Lusa news agency had reported earlier on Tuesday that Villas-Boas would pay the £13.3m himself.

Is that true?

On Chelsea's part. It's becoming a joke how the likes of them and City will just throw any amount of money at anyone to bribe them into working (or playing) for them. I mean the money around the Premier League has been a farce for ages but this is just getting daft now. The guy's managed them for one season and is younger than Frank Lampard.

Porto have received the outstanding amount detailed in the termination clause of Villas-Boas's contract, paving the way for a move to Chelsea.

The Lusa news agency had reported earlier on Tuesday that Villas-Boas would pay the £13.3m himself.

Is that true?

Most likely, but he'll probably get it back from Chelsea as a signing on bonus.

Wont last the season.

The way Chelsea go through managers sacking them for being runners up, makes this story all a little bit uninteresting.

Why will he not last the season? ???

Because he won't win them the league next season.

Tomorrow's lottery numbers would be nice too. :thup: Even if they don't win the league, I still think he'd see the season out.

Ash- Chelsea are a side in need of a massive overhaul if they are to win the CL. The crux of their side has all peaked and last year looked very jaded for the most part. Huge ask, asking this bloke to come in and succeed straight away and as soon as he hits a rough patch, Abromovich has showed be isnt shy pulling the trigger. He'll last longer than Scolari, but I can't envisage him being a success straight away which is basically what Roman demands.

I agree they need an overhaul, hopefully he'll be allowed to do it. You'd think if they're going to pay this amount for the manager, they're not just going to dump him after a season. I imagine they'll do well with him in charge next season to be honest, which will be enough to see him through the season at the very least.

If Chelsea buy some of the youngsters they've been linked to and see a few of the older heads go I don't think he'll be expected to win the league next season. They're a team that need transition from old (Drogba, Lampard, Anelka etc.) to new so why not get a young manager and give him a 4-5 year project plan to achieve which he easily could.

Is that true?

Yes, the release clause applies to him rather than a club 'buying' him, so he pays it, but obviously Chelsea give him the money for it.

Basically it's the obscene amount of money we've seen for players transfer fees progressing to obscene transfer fees for  managers.It's all wrong.

The Government should tax it. :nods:

Chelsea have paid Porto £13.3 million in compensation for Villas-Boas!

Fucking embarrassing. Disgraceful in fact.

Utterly agree...I really hope the guy fails.

What's Villas-Boas for you to hold him in such disdain?

If Chelsea buy some of the youngsters they've been linked to and see a few of the older heads go I don't think he'll be expected to win the league next season. They're a team that need transition from old (Drogba, Lampard, Anelka etc.) to new so why not get a young manager and give him a 4-5 year project plan to achieve which he easily could.

:thup:

Don't see the issue with the £13m fee. They'd quite happily spend that much on a player so why not on a manager. I think it's going to be really interesting, I don't like Chelsea but that's more through dislike of the players than anything else. With some new faces they could have an ace season

Torn. Villas-Boas is incredibly fit and an exciting manager, but Chelsea are vile. Good to have him in the league s'pose.

One step closer to the Newcastle job. :pow:

Have an image of him sliding up to Newcastle on a piano, Vanessa Carlton style.