André Villas-Boas

TheGuv

the age thing is bollocks, if he's top class he'll command respect from any player

Exactly. At 19 years old he had an argument with Bobby Robson and the end result was Bobby giving him a job, Jose Mourinho classed him as his 'eyes and ears' when referring to match and opponent preparation. If he can command respect of people like that then footballers will understand he has something from the off. With him being there before he'd have interacted with senior players preparing them for opponents, his knowledge won't be in question by them, he's already been telling them what to do for years.

IIRC there was a dossier floating about on us when Jose was manager, it was probably AVB who prepared it.

I'm not convinced about this at all. Abramovich seems to be suffering from Shepherditis. He's getting more and more involved, and the decisions are getting worse.

That's nothing new

He could've still had Jose in charge if he hadn't spunked 30 million on a 31 year old Shevchenko and hired Avram Grant (lulz) to be DOF behind his back.

the age thing is bollocks, if he's top class he'll command respect from any player

Exactly. At 19 years old he had an argument with Bobby Robson and the end result was Bobby giving him a job, Jose Mourinho classed him as his 'eyes and ears' when referring to match and opponent preparation. If he can command respect of people like that then footballers will understand he has something from the off. With him being there before he'd have interacted with senior players preparing them for opponents, his knowledge won't be in question by them, he's already been telling them what to do for years.

IIRC there was a dossier floating about on us when Jose was manager, it was probably AVB who prepared it.

Aye: it was AVB who prepared it: here's the link

http://www.bragafut.com/artigos/art18.pdf

Guest Geordiesned

Didn't realise there was a thread on this.

Chelsea have paid Porto £13.3 million in compensation for Villas-Boas!

I never realised he had worked in England or with Sir Bob until reading the papers/internet etc in the last few days: he is very similar to Mourinho in his preparation and man management: seems a lot less volatile in press conferences: speaks perfect English

Chelsea have paid Porto £13.3 million in compensation for Villas-Boas!

f***ing embarrassing. Disgraceful in fact.

In the context Chelsea have a rich owner etc ala Man City or that teams should never pay that much for a manager/coach?

I think its a sign of the times: many clubs in Europe will now insert these types of clauses (if they haven't done so already)

On Chelsea's part. It's becoming a joke how the likes of them and City will just throw any amount of money at anyone to bribe them into working (or playing) for them. I mean the money around the Premier League has been a farce for ages but this is just getting daft now. The guy's managed Porto for one season and is barely older than Frank Lampard or Didier Drogba.

On Chelsea's part. It's becoming a joke how the likes of them and City will just throw any amount of money at anyone to bribe them into working (or playing) for them. I mean the money around the Premier League has been a farce for ages but this is just getting daft now. The guy's managed them for one season and is younger than Frank Lampard.

I think one day it will come back and bite them in the arse.

On Chelsea's part. It's becoming a joke how the likes of them and City will just throw any amount of money at anyone to bribe them into working (or playing) for them. I mean the money around the Premier League has been a farce for ages but this is just getting daft now.

Agree: money has ruined the game (I would say the same if someone rich took us over): you almost feel cheated when the likes of Chelsea and City enjoy success, as essentially its been bought:

The really silly thing is that if it doesnt work in 1 season they'll just get rid of him and pay him off like £10m

Sick of the constant Mourinho comparisons/references. Doing my head in.

----

On another note...

Ferreira ... €20m

Carvalho ... €30m

Vilas Boas ... €15m

+ Mourinho and associated backroom staff.

Porto must love it when Chelsea ring up.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_jLlqDrcSYeQ/TP9z0R2p5hI/AAAAAAAACoI/3z7ycl-0O-w/s400/3%2BPorto%2BProfit.jpg

On Chelsea's part. It's becoming a joke how the likes of them and City will just throw any amount of money at anyone to bribe them into working (or playing) for them. I mean the money around the Premier League has been a farce for ages but this is just getting daft now. The guy's managed them for one season and is younger than Frank Lampard.

I think one day it will come back and bite them in the arse.

Nah. It's not a big enough responsibility to Roman for him to need to run away from, so Chelsea will be fine.

Guest BooBoo

Wont last the season.

The way Chelsea go through managers sacking them for being runners up, makes this story all a little bit uninteresting.

Wont last the season.

The way Chelsea go through managers sacking them for being runners up, makes this story all a little bit uninteresting.

Why will he not last the season? ???

Wont last the season.

Why will he not last the season? ???

Because he won't win them the league next season.

Guest BooBoo

Ash- Chelsea are a side in need of a massive overhaul if they are to win the CL. The crux of their side has all peaked and last year looked very jaded for the most part. Huge ask, asking this bloke to come in and succeed straight away and as soon as he hits a rough patch, Abromovich has showed be isnt shy pulling the trigger. He'll last longer than Scolari, but I can't envisage him being a success straight away which is basically what Roman demands.