The other games today - 2011/12

Baggio

Don't wish to go all Clarkson, but anyone who saw that in realtime and believes that is a red card should be executed infront of their families.

As some daftie said on the twitter, the likes of Batty wouldn't be allowed on the pitch anymore. Glad it resulted in a Liverpool defeat like, but still....

So you rather have players like HBA out for a season than penalize these tackles? It's just totally unnecessary to follow with the trailing leg like that.

Wut. Not sure how that Spearing clearance is at all comparable with De Jong going over the ball on Ben Arfa.

Looks to me like it was an unfortunate follow-through. It happens. Get on with it :thup:

We agree to disagree. :thup:

Anyway, makes up for that absolute joke of a red for Rodwell.

Oh, right, cool.

Obviously I meant in balancing it out in Liverpool terms. Unfortunately it wont make it up for you, so, sorry about that.

On a side note, got any thoughts about Yakubu's current form?

What form? He's always liable to have a game like he did on Saturday. Once he's in the box he's still a very useful player.

He's scored 9 in 9. You've got no strikers.

You make it sound like I endorsed us getting rid of him?

:lol:

Nah, just wondered what you thought of the fatty's form since leaving tbh. Seems a bit cheap at £1.5 million.

Didn't know he had 9 in 9. Can't say I'm surprised - he attracts plenty of criticism but his goalscoring record speaks for itself. Got a very bad injury for us after he'd got 21 goals the previous season; was a fraction of the player when he came back.

As for the price, it just reflects what I've said a few times about Moyes having his favourites. Post-injury Yakubu was not one of his favourites, hence he was out the door. I thought he still had something to give us even if he wasn't as good as the 07/08 season.

Yakubu will probably keep scoring until Blackburn give him a lucrative contract, and he starts eating moi moi and stops trying. Fat Aiyegbeni will return and everyone will return to hating him. Exquisitely talented player, but he has wasted his career, and is seemingly willing to do so as long as he gains from it financially.

He wanted out of Everton, btw. Moyes froze him out (presumably because he doesn't run around and close down all match) and he had little future at the club.

The way Everton fc is run is simply disgusting imho. Ok i get Kenwright has no cash but what imbecile lets 2 good strikers simply leave on transfer deadline day (when you're already short on strikers) and bring in an Argentinian forward on loan in the hope that he can do something? i mean that's just a joke.

Even more so when Moyes came out almost immediately and said he didn't think much of Stracquagol plus the literally no players since Nobby who've come into the PL and done well straight away from the Primera. Dafties.

The way Everton fc is run is simply disgusting imho. Ok i get Kenwright has no cash but what imbecile lets 2 good strikers simply leave on transfer deadline day (when you're already short on strikers) and bring in an Argentinian forward on loan in the hope that he can do something? i mean that's just a joke.

Don't worry, Lerner is rapidly turning us into Everton.

I'm so utterly gutted about football nowadays. I hate it.

I hate what we're being turned into. I'm a rational enough bloke, and have seen some really disastrous managers at our place - Billy McNeill who relegated us AND Man City in the same season, Graham Turner who destroyed the remnants of a European Cup winning side, Jo Venglos who was 10 years too early for English football, the horrible shitbag O'Leary - but this current bloke is the only one who has made me feel like I never want to go to one of our games again.

It's so utterly, utterly terrible. If you asked most Villa fans, they'd use the word "embarassing"

tbf, four of those goals came on Saturday.

Yeah, he's scored a combined 6 goals in their two victories. I hate the guy, but he is their most essential player right now, imo.

Wait...current Yakubu is NOT the fat one?  :lol:

I saw the guy run on MOTD. Actually sprint for the first goal. :lol: Did you watch the World Cup? He literally stood in place most of the time. I haven't seen him like this for years.

Even more so when Moyes came out almost immediately and said he didn't think much of Stracquagol plus the literally no players since Nobby who've come into the PL and done well straight away from the Primera. Dafties.

Aguero, Mata, and Silva are definitely struggling.

Wait...current Yakubu is NOT the fat one?  :lol:

I saw the guy run on MOTD. Actually sprint for the first goal. :lol: Did you watch the World Cup? He literally stood in place most of the time. I haven't seen him like this for years.

I can't really remember much of his WC apart from that miss against South Korea.  :lol:

Don't worry, Lerner is rapidly turning us into Everton.

I'm so utterly gutted about football nowadays. I hate it.

I hate what we're being turned into. I'm a rational enough bloke, and have seen some really disastrous managers at our place - Billy McNeill who relegated us AND Man City in the same season, Graham Turner who destroyed the remnants of a European Cup winning side, Jo Venglos who was 10 years too early for English football, the horrible shitbag O'Leary - but this current bloke is the only one who has made me feel like I never want to go to one of our games again.

It's so utterly, utterly terrible. If you asked most Villa fans, they'd use the word "embarassing"

Wow. Is it that bad? ???

Honestly, it is fucking shameful.

Spurs away was the low point, but Man United wasn't much better. Against what is the worst Man U side i have seen for a very long time, we were shockingly unambitious.

Round where we sit (the expensive, hardly revolutionary seats), people were just absolutely losing it over the style of play. It's horrible, horrible sub Stoke stuff.

Had a look at the key incidents from the Fulham-Livepool game.

Reina :lol:

I'm pretty undecided by Spearing's red card tbh. He definitely got the ball first but his follow-through/momentum was a bit dangerous.

I can see both sides of the argument tbh, I think you could make a decent case for it being a red or a yellow. I bet Dembele let out quite a scream that influenced the referee, not that I'm saying he shouldn't have.

If he did I'm glad he did cause Suarez would have milked all the cows in Europe before he got up.

There is no way in hell that the tackle was even a foul, let alone a red. :lol:

But of course I maintained the company line whilst arguing with some of my Liverpool-supporting mates today. Clear red, two feet off ground, he deserved it etc. etc.

Injustice and LFC just belong together.

Spurs away was the low point, but Man United wasn't much better. Against what is the worst Man U side i have seen for a very long time, we were shockingly unambitious.

Round where we sit (the expensive, hardly revolutionary seats), people were just absolutely losing it over the style of play. It's horrible, horrible sub Stoke stuff.

McLeish is an absolute disgrace like, I've watched your last 3 games and been appalled every time.

McLeish is an absolute disgrace like, I've watched your last 3 games and been appalled every time.

I went to Spurs and the Man United game, and left both thinking I never wanted to see another match again.

Indefensible garbage.

The highlights on the Man Utd game says everything about the current Villa team. Manchester played with 1 defender, Rio who was picking up the balls that they were sending forward, even Bent was defending. There was actually no one up top, disgusting stuff.

Honestly, it is f***ing shameful.

It's stupid. You have some players capable of playing as well (N'Zog, Albrighton, Bannan, Agbon). I feel sorry for you brummie because it's been facepalm stuff whenever I've watched.

I went to Spurs and the Man United game, and left both thinking I never wanted to see another match again.

Indefensible garbage.

Sadly so. I have a soft spot for Villa (as my niece supports them) so I'm not taking as much pleasure in you being as utterly hopeless as you are. Shocking to think what you'd be like without Agbonlahor who has carried you this season. Fantastic player.

Genuinely can't understand the rationale behind appointing McLeish. I also can't understand what McLeish is thinking by setting out/being the way he is. Actually dreadful. Soul-crushing stuff. Can't blame you for your morale being low - I'd start to become disinterested if I had to watch a McLeish team every week.

It's stupid. You have some players capable of playing as well (N'Zog, Albrighton, Bannan, Agbon). I feel sorry for you brummie because it's been facepalm stuff whenever I've watched.

Still don't understand why Lerner signed him in the first place. The appalling football Birmingham played was there for all to see, and it's not like it did that much good for them. In addition, it's not like Villa have shit players whose only hope is to play stoneage stuff, it's completely counter-productive.

Still don't understand why Lerner signed him in the first place. The appalling football Birmingham played was there for all to see, and it's not like it did that much good for them. In addition, it's not like Villa have s*** players whose only hope is to play stoneage stuff, it's completely counter-productive.

Sad to see and I feel for Villa. McLeish has the exact same start to the season this year as he had at Birmingham in terms of results. I would seriously worry. It's all going wrong, Lerner needs to act before January but his decision making after O'Neill has been woeful.