Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

He, like Tiote the other week, gave the ref a decision to make. Completely needless to leave his leg dangling like that when the ball was nowhere near and can understand why he got binned. Had his studs made contact it would probably have injured the cheating little cunt.

More annoyed at Coloccini himself rather than the ref/lino for giving it. Needless.   

Nail on head, fucking brainless again and now we're without the 2 of the spine of our team when we could really do with them.

So annoying.

The three games he misses could have been worse but combined now with the still missing tiote for 1 more game plus injuries to Perch, Ba and Cabaye it's going to be tough.

Still annoys the crap out of me that 2 of our key players have got 3 game bans already this year and more annoyingly for fouls that most of the time are either yellow cards or not given. But neither Tiote nor Coloccini can complain as they were both unprofessional in the way they went in for the tackles.

Would have helped having been in the League cup a bit longer as other clubs use that to to reduce players suspensions.

Aye, if the decision was debatable don't expect them to be willing to debate. Only if it's clear as day the referee made a blunder they might consider overturning the decision. Not a cat's chance in hell they'd do it here.

Coming back to my earlier point about consistency, I would like them to actively, consistently and fairly (i.e. not only based on biased media outcry) investigate incidents that the referees may have missed or misinterpreted in a split second and dish out bans retrospectively based on the same rules as they judge the above refereeing decisions (i.e. if you would stand by your referee if a yellow/red was given, give it retrospectively). Can't ever see it happening though, but for the good of the professional game it needs to be done, as there is far too much cheating going on.

Really, really disappointing to lose him for three games when we've just got everyone back fit and we could really go on a run now. These next five games will go a long way to shaping our season imo. We'll just have to hope that Saylor steps up and marshalls the defence, I've got faith that he will but there's still the worry of Williamson. At least Tiote will be back to protect the defence after one more home game.

Well if Colo was going to miss 3 games through suspension we couldn't hand hand picked a better time to do it tbh.

2 home games against mid table sides and an away game against a relegation struggler, if we can't beat these teams without Colo then we desperately need reinforcement in January. ( not like we didn't know that anyway)

I'd argue that it is exactly the worst time to be missing him. Should be 6 points min from the next 3 and the loss of Colo seriously undermines us.

Loss of Colo undermines us at any time tbh but i'd think we can get away with no Colo against West Ham and Swansea than 2 of the top 4 or 5 for example.

those pics actually show why it shouldn't have been a red but was given as the first pic looks full of intent, the second shows that he made no contact but easily would have if there actually had been intent (ie suarez doesn't avoid it) and a 3rd if it was there with where colos foot ended up would look totally innocuous.

It's a nonsense red card, but I think the speed at which it happened, the way Suarez has gone down like he's been shot and the linesman's poor side on view have all contributed to the red.

With the benefit of a replay it clearly isn't a red. It's a subjective thing whether or not there is 'intent', but he has raised his foot to go for the ball, and pulls out, completely and intentionally missing Suarez's leg. I hate to agree with Michael Owen but he is right, if Coloccini wants to kick his leg he would have, he's a professional footballer, he's not going to miss a stationary leg! His momentum has took him into Suarez, yet he has avoided any harmful contact. Suarez's reaction is irrelevant. I don't see what intent you could argue there is, because if he wanted to harm Suarez then he would have caught his leg. You don't miss someone's leg by accident when they're standing still, not least a professional footballer! He has missed Suarez because he wanted to, not by accident.

It is unlikely to be rescinded because common sense is rarely applied, but it is worth a try and I hope we don't just take it lying down as we did with Tiote.

I still cannot get that side on replay of him 'stamping' towards Suarez's heel out of my head like :lol:

Will have to see it again but looked like clear intent at the time.

there is an angle where it does look like that, then another where it most certainly doesn't. don't blame the ref for the red card but if he sees the other angle he may well have second thoughts (and then deny them for fear of admitting to a mistake)