Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

"His father, Osvaldo, has expressed a wish for his son to be allowed to return home for what his agent called "personal matters".

Possibly a heavy hint at the end of the Independent article? Seems strange to drag up a quote like this from years ago:

"But he has spoken of the difficulty his wife and family had in settling in England when he arrived four and a half years ago. He said: "I came [to England] with my wife and my children. It was difficult for me but more difficult for my wife. She was at home, she didn't have friends. She is one of the people who made a lot of things for me and sometimes I think, when I play well or I give 100 per cent on the pitch, it is because I am well at home."

Maybe it's just a case that his wife has had enough and wants to go home? Why else would he engineer a move to Argentina? Most players only cause a fuss like this to better their careers and pay packets, and he is good enough for a Champions League club if that was what he wanted.

If he goes Cabaye will be captain, maybe there is a power struggle between the two, colo doesn't seem the most vocal of leaders, Cabaye has a lot of French buddies to back him up.

Interesting point. Maybe there's truth to this whole French/Spanish-speaking thing Macdonald got a lot of abuse on here for and Colo feels that he's not valued any more. When you look at the Debuchy transfer it makes you wonder about the influence Cabaye now has at the club.

McDonald (called a useless drunk etc) seemed to open a can of worms that literally none of us knew about. Independent have dug a little deeper and found something, maybe anyway, but the silence is always worrying from us since it usually leads to that rumour becoming true. Looks like they are going to fore the club in to so,e kind of statement tomorrow, probably just Pardew who'll be fire fighting the situation if there is something in it.

If delegates really have flown out then someone must be willing to pay something for him becuase Ashley isn't going to give away players that are worth big money, they aren't going to just get a top player for nothing because they've got no money. Not with this lot in charge.

Got to wonder what effect this would have on the rest of the squad btw. What message it sends out, that the club captain might want to leave. Could quite easily be catastrophic.

[/quote

If true,its the worst that could happen! A disaster! Wrong/bad in every way! Our players are down...major signing needs to happen ASAP . M'biwa for example. Strong character to organize defends...actually also needed should colo stay. We are in big trouble . I'm Scandinavian and I'm panicing, extremely!!!!

The fact he ONLY wants to go to San Lorenzo suggests it's not a problem with any one at the club otherwise he'd just want to leave and go anywhere decent that would bid for him.

That may not be the case, if something happened which he felt would force him out then going home would be a good choice at his age.

If he leaves, Carr better have his fucking target lists up to date!

He'll look at his task to replace Colo and be all:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xW08uRKZfjE/T9dTdjpYcfI/AAAAAAAACEE/L4jwf2w1reg/s1600/img-331256-1-Fuuuuuuuuuuu.jpg_2D00_600x450.jpg

Heard a couple of weeks ago that there was a personal issue which could lead to a hasty departure, but absolutely nowt to do with the Pardew storm in a teacup or MacDonald's rubbish.

Can only repeat that this has nothing whatsoever to do with football, it's a huge personal issue and he needs to get away.

SPILL THE BEANZ MAN!!! WE'RE LOSING IT HERE!!!

Guest neesy111

If he leaves, Carr better have his fucking target lists up to date!

He'll look at his task to replace Colo and be all:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xW08uRKZfjE/T9dTdjpYcfI/AAAAAAAACEE/L4jwf2w1reg/s1600/img-331256-1-Fuuuuuuuuuuu.jpg_2D00_600x450.jpg

We haven't signed a CB for a fee since Carr came as scout.

:yao:

If it's true...we need a captain. Not just another player.

Looking at those training pics always reminds me of how lucky they have it. Paid so much and that's their day to day.

PE on steroids!

Cabaye as captain if Colo is allowed to leave.  Doubt he will though this window.

Pardew 5 days ago

However, Pardew insists Coloccini's only concern is Newcastle's current form and is adamant he will not be leaving in January.

"He's finding it difficult and I would find it difficult if I was him looking round that changing room and looking at our bench on Wednesday night," Pardew told the Journal.

"If you're a senior player or our captain you want the best players out on the pitch.

"He's hurting from the defeats we're taking and the goals we're conceding and he's doing everything he can to stop that."

If it really is about his wife then surely it's only a couple of months left in the season to endure? How hard can life be married to a multi-millionaire?