Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Seriously concerned about him leaving now, he's been consistently one of our best players this season and the defence looks dodgy as fuck without him. Unless we spend a large chunk of money to replace him he will be a massive loss for us.

We'd never have sold Ba without getting at least some sort of replacement.

I don't really agree with Ronaldo on Colo and can't be arsed to go into it but you do realise we had no choice over Ba?

He had a clause in his contract for 7m, we had no power at all.

We could've always renegotiated a new contract that he possibly deserved. I think in the short term it was bad that Ba left but in the longterm I think it will be extremely healthy and beneficial to the club. Because let's be honest the amount of money he was seeking was high, and if we had gotten Remy instead of him we wouldn't have been in the trouble we are now imo. Our problem is we haven't really replaced Ba, and I seriously hope the club try to replace him for real now in the summer because Gouffran for me is nothing more than a squad player.

It'll be very difficult to get the same type of defender but it won't be that difficult finding one equally as effective defensively imo, but it'll cost.

I do agree with that, quite important the player in question is experienced too. I don't really want to see Taylor and MYM with another young player behind them.

Someone of around 27-28 would be ideal.

It'll be very difficult to get the same type of defender but it won't be that difficult finding one equally as effective defensively imo, but it'll cost.

Going to be even harder to sign a captain not that Colo has excelled at that this season.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/10046444/Fabricio-Coloccini-admits-there-were-divisions-in-Newcastle-squad-as-David-Ginola-blasts-French-contingent.html

Fabricio Coloccini admits there were divisions in Newcastle squad as David Ginola blasts French contingent

Newcastle United captain Fabricio Coloccini has admitted there have been divisions in the squad during their slide down the Premier League table, but he is adamant they are now all pulling in the same direction.

Leader of men: Fabricio Coloccini insists the Newcastle squad is now united Photo: GETTY IMAGES

By Luke Edwards

12:40PM BST 09 May 2013

Comment

The Daily Telegraph revealed last week that the dressing room was on the verge of splitting in the aftermath of the 6-0 home defeat by Liverpool, with tension growing behind the scenes between different groups of players.

Much of the animosity surrounded a perception some players, including many of the large French contingent on Tyneside, were more interested in moaning about manager Alan Pardew and pursing personal agendas than helping save the Magpies from relegation.

That has prompted Newcastle's former French winger David Ginola to criticise his countrymen, insisting on Thursday "they were not concerned about it" because they thought "if the club are relegated then we will leave in the summer".

Newcastle delivered a far more united performance to secure a point at West Ham last weekend and skipper Coloccini, whose return at the heart of the defence has been a huge boost to under-fire manager Pardew, is convinced a split has been avoided thanks to a series of player meetings.

When asked if there had been any divisions, Coloccini told the Newcastle Chronicle: "Yes, of course. That is normal when you are where we are now.

"We have meetings like any other team. We had meetings last year when we were playing fantastic. The meetings we have are to improve us, we can speak and see what is going wrong. The manager and the players are together. Nobody wants to go down here, we are all fighting together."

Coloccini commands huge respect in the Newcastle dressing room and his return was always likely to help bring everyone together, although Ginola is not convinced all his fellow Frenchman are as bothered as they should be by Newcastle's predicament.

"I spoke a few weeks ago about the fact there are 10 French players in the squad and whether it would be a good thing for the club," he told TalkSport Radio.

"At the time it seemed that it was positive because they were going to bring something different to the club, but after a few weeks it wasn't good enough and it still isn't now.

"Playing in Europe and then in a Premier League relegation fight are completely different things. You have to have the right sort of players for that task and I'm not sure that the players are concerned about it.

"The players are thinking, 'Well if the club is relegated then we will leave in the summer'.

"Hopefully they're going to find something to help save the club because Newcastle United and the fans need to stay in the Premier League. I hope they are impressing that importance onto them."

Firstly, he tried to leave us for nothing at one of our lowest ebbs in years and he's our fucking captain.

Secondly, he pissed off to Argentina when we needed him to go and cheer on some no mark team.

Thirdly, I adore this man.  He's the best central defender i've seen in a black and white shirt for years.  I will name all my children Fabricio if he stays.

He's an inspiration to our back line.  So important to us it's not even funny.  The only other player whose departure would gut me as much as Captain Colo's would be Ben Arfa.

"The players are thinking, 'Well if the club is relegated then we will leave in the summer'.

On another note, if this is true (it does seem to be a quote) then I wouldn't even let Pards in the dressing room before the QPR game.  I'd send in a lawyer with copies of their contracts and make sure every fucking last one of them knows the expiry date and that they will be playing championship football next season world cup or not.

Motivation.

Going to be even harder to sign a captain not that Colo has excelled at that this season.

Can't sign a captain imo. Need one ready to step in. I can only think of Cabaye or Krul and neither of them are perfect.

I really don't think we'll go out and buy a replacement if Coloccini goes, it'll be Taylor and Yanga next season. Another CB might come in, but it won't be someone to come in and partner MYM. That being said, with Taylor's injury record, it'll probably work out that way accidentally.

Not Cabaye.  I love him as a player but he went missing when we needed him.  Give it to someone with some heart.  Krul or Taylor maybe.  Make Shola club captain and appoint a team captain to lead on the field.

Not Cabaye.  I love him as a player but he went missing when we needed him.  Give it to someone with some heart.  Krul or Taylor maybe.  Make Shola club captain and appoint a team captain to lead on the field.

I think Krul would be a coward decision, still a young lad and I don't see wy we'd give it to him. At the end if Colo leaves it'll end up being Cabayes whether we like it or no. I'd obviously rather give it to someone like Saylor and see if it's a magic potion that can keep him healthy :lol:

God man replacement's don't have to 100% of Coloccini to 100% of a replacement.

Cabaye will most likely be captain once Colo leaves. Tbf there are mitigating factors that would have affected his performances - his bout of depression, injury concerns, and a shit manager with shit tactics. I'll give him another chance at showing what he can do, preferably with a proper manager.

MYM could be another option once the lad settles down.

Depends on who we hire as manager if Pardew was sacked. If someone like Girard came in then you would think Cabaye or Yanga-Mbiwa would be options. Mapou was his captain and I recall reading a ton about his leadership capabilities.

Both have been captains of their Ligue 1-winning sides. That makes them the obvious choices to take over from Colo. This season has been such a car clash that we can hardly judge their leadership abilities objectively when almost everything conspires against them - depression, injuries for Cabaye as mentioned, coming into a new league and a relegation battle alongside a partner you can't communicate with for Yanga-Mbiwa, and the ineptness of the manager. I'll give them time next season before making a proper judgement on their leadership capabilities.