Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

I don't particularly mind him getting a new contract as I am sure there is still a good player if:

1) We buy another centre half and Colo is not automatically first choice;

2) He's on less money; and

3) We sell Williamson.

I don't particularly mind him getting a new contract as I am sure there is still a good player if:

1) We buy another centre half and Colo is not automatically first choice;

2) He's on less money; and

3) We sell Williamson.

None of those things will happen sadly.

I do think Mbemba and Colo has potential as a partnership mind. The problem lies with what happens if there's an injury.

Who knows, maybe Lascelles is better than we think?

Yeah I reckon it could be decent. I'm certain colo Is better than he showed last year. shame we won't see the partnership this weekend.

McClaren likes to play total football from the back and there are not many better footballing centre halves in the country than Colo - yes he’s been poor for a while but you have to factor in that he’s been paired with Mike f***ing Williamson for most of the time not to mention the shower of s*** in midfield supposedly protecting our defence! Feel free to abuse me this season but I’m convinced he’ll have a good season alongside Mbemba!

It's definitely possible. A lot depends on how the midfield gels, and obviously if Mbemba adapts.

A lot might also depend on how well we manage to implement an improved possession/passing game overall. If we're controlling games with the ball it'll relieve the pressure on the defence and allow them to organise better.

We've been so s*** with the ball for years the defenders have always been under immense pressure in games, ran ragged basically.

Very good point again.

Think we just have to see what impact our change in approach has on the team, and then start to make necessary changes from there.

If Colo blows it then I'm sure Pardew will still be salivating for him in January anyway.

Isn't true. Martinez teams are an example. But McClaren isn't a total football manager anyway. Crazy myth.

McClaren likes to play total football from the back and there are not many better footballing centre halves in the country than Colo - yes he’s been poor for a while but you have to factor in that he’s been paired with Mike f***ing Williamson for most of the time not to mention the shower of s*** in midfield supposedly protecting our defence! Feel free to abuse me this season but I’m convinced he’ll have a good season alongside Mbemba!

It's definitely possible. A lot depends on how the midfield gels, and obviously if Mbemba adapts.

A lot might also depend on how well we manage to implement an improved possession/passing game overall. If we're controlling games with the ball it'll relieve the pressure on the defence and allow them to organise better.

We've been so s*** with the ball for years the defenders have always been under immense pressure in games, ran ragged basically.

Very good point again.

Think we just have to see what impact our change in approach has on the team, and then start to make necessary changes from there.

If Colo blows it then I'm sure Pardew will still be salivating for him in January anyway.

Isn't true. Martinez teams are an example. But McClaren isn't a total football manager anyway. Crazy myth.

He might not be, but we won't be punting the ball back to the opposition as much as we did under Pardew.

He doesn't need to be a total football manager to help improve our possession, and reduce the amount of pressure we come under.

Stop being so silly man.

Very good point again.

He might not be, but we won't be punting the ball back to the opposition as much as we did under Pardew.

He doesn't need to be a total football manager to help improve our possession, and reduce the amount of pressure we come under.

Stop being so silly man.

Martinez teams have plenty of possession. They also lose the ball plenty in dangerous situations and concede plenty of goals.

Very good point again.

Stop being so silly man.

Martinez teams have plenty of possession. They also lose the ball plenty in dangerous situations and concede plenty of goals.

No one said they didn't!

The point is we conceded far more, and a big problem was our total incapability of keeping the ball, and so being under constant pressure.

Are you serious right now?

Very good point again.

Stop being so silly man.

No one said they didn't!

The point is we conceded far more, and a big problem was our total incapability of keeping the ball, and so being under constant pressure.

A lot of last season we actually kept the ball a good bit but just went nowhere with it because we didn't have any creativity

Bizarre decision.

However, him staying means Williamson won't be first choice. Why am I even thinking this though.

Why would Coloccini want to stay, thought he was desperate to fuck off back to Argentina?

Very good point again.

Stop being so silly man.

No one said they didn't!

A lot of last season we actually kept the ball a good bit but just went nowhere with it because we didn't have any creativity

I'd say the biggest reason is because we moved off the ball like a pub team :lol: it's arguably the biggest factor in keeping the ball and creating opportunities for the team if you are actually trying to pass the ball.

I was talking about creating opportunities, the main reason we struggled so much is because we moved off the ball like the players were strangers to each other.

Was the case the entire time with Pardew and continued ( obviously) with Carver.

Bizarre decision.

However, him staying means Williamson won't be first choice. Why am I even thinking this though.

Why would Coloccini want to stay, thought he was desperate to fuck off back to Argentina?

££££££££££££££

Very good point again.

Stop being so silly man.

No one said they didn't!

I'd say the biggest reason is because we moved off the ball like a pub team :lol: it's arguably the biggest factor in keeping the ball and creating opportunities for the team if you are actually trying to pass the ball.

This. Pardew seemingly paid zero attention to this. The amount of times our players are static, or there's not a single fucker in the penalty area when the ball is out wide is staggering.