Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

You just know Mike is gonna fuck this up by selling him for a tidy sum in January just because he doesn't sign a new contract

Not so sure like. He is moving out of his rented house in Darras and buying a canny pad in Jesmond. Wouldn't have thought he would be doing that if he was possibly leaving. He obviously knows something we don't......

Housing arrangements have to be the worst ITK basis ever. Every time. :lol:

He literally avoids heading the ball. Makes rash decisions game in game out, constantly found out of position, constantly mistiming challenges.

I don't understand why people are comparing him to Colo. Colo had 5 seasons of top performances in La Liga, came over and struggled in a s*** team that had Guthrie and Butt in midfield. Luiz hasn't had a good game in a top class league, has come over and been a complete liability despite being surrounded by very good players.

The people saying he'd make a great DM. He used to play there but he ended up at CB BECAUSE he was a liability in that position. You need good discipline to play as a holding midfielder.

£25 million p*ssed up the wall.

:lol: very good post

:troll:

I've watched him play a lot. I've watched Luisao cover his errors at Benfica and him playing alongside Thiago Silva does the same thing with the national team.

Benfica have conned Chelsea.

I actually prefer Luisao, but that's because he's my neighbour in Brazil. David Luiz is a bit erratic, but you can't say he's shit as he's top 10 in this league as a central defender.

You just know Mike is gonna f*** this up by selling him for a tidy sum in January just because he doesn't sign a new contract

Not so sure like. He is moving out of his rented house in Darras and buying a canny pad in Jesmond. Wouldn't have thought he would be doing that if he was possibly leaving. He obviously knows something we don't......

Housing arrangements have to be the worst ITK basis ever. Every time. :lol:

Spot on!  :slowclap:

I still don't see what's so great about Coloccini. He's defending moderately well on a consistent basis, he's as fit as a fiddle which is great, he's classy on the ball for a Premiership centreback - is it the entire package that is having our fans rave about him? Or that in combination with the hair/cult status?

If we're talking about pure defending, Coloccini is found wanting in a number of areas imo. His aerial clearances are s*** half the time. He rarely throws his body in an attempt to block a shot. He's pathetic at last ditch tackles. He runs out of position an awful lot to chase down a player who is posing zero threat. He's usually rooted to the ground like a tree when something unexpected happens in the box (e.g. deflection, change of direction, etc), showing very little agility. He has little to no recovery pace at all.

He's a class centreback to have, I'm not denying that, but that's for a team at our level, i.e. a mid table team performing above expectations. I don't think for a second that he's top level club/interinational material because he's nowhere near the complete defender.

I still don't see what's so great about Coloccini. He's defending moderately well on a consistent basis, he's as fit as a fiddle which is great, he's classy on the ball for a Premiership centreback - is it the entire package that is having our fans rave about him? Or that in combination with the hair/cult status?

If we're talking about pure defending, Coloccini is found wanting in a number of areas. His aerial clearances are s*** half the time. He rarely throws his body in an attempt to block a shot. He's pathetic at last ditch tackles. He runs out of position an awful lot to chase down a player who is posing zero threat. He's usually rooted to the ground like a tree when something unexpected happens in the box (e.g. deflection, change of direction, etc).

He's a class centreback to have, but that's for a team at our level, i.e. a mid table team performing above expectations. I don't think for a second that he's top level club/interinational material.

The f*** was that :lol: "I still don't see what's so great about Coloccini." Am I being wooshed?

If we're talking about pure defending, Coloccini is found wanting in a number of areas imo. His aerial clearances are s*** half the time. He rarely throws his body in an attempt to block a shot. He's pathetic at last ditch tackles. He runs out of position an awful lot to chase down a player who is posing zero threat. He's usually rooted to the ground like a tree when something unexpected happens in the box (e.g. deflection, change of direction, etc), showing very little agility. He has little to no recovery pace at all.

ok

He's a class centreback to have, I'm not denying that, but that's for a team at our level, i.e. a mid table team performing above expectations. I don't think for a second that he's top level club/interinational material because he's nowhere near the complete defender.

:serious:

areet then.

Guest Rey Mysterio

:dowie:

I can't relate any of this to Colo, at all.