Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

If there was ever an exception to giving players approaching 30 a long term deal then this man is it.

He doesn't rely on pace, and is exactly the sort of player who imo will improve in his early 30's. He looks after himself, and is such a clever defender.

The best central defender we have had at the club, certainly in the modern era, and that includes Woodgate.

Just don't join liverpool or spurs. Man city or man utd and I'd respect his decision. Leaving us for liverpool would be a bad career move. The club should at least get him to see his final year out.

Chill out, lads. First off, it's come from Ryder. Secondly, we're in a hell of a position this season and could end up in Europe. Just because he possibly wants to wait until the end of the season doesn't mean it has to end in the same outcome as José.

He probably wants to keep options open. Worrying, but hopefully he'll be happy with the direction we're going in even if we don't make Europe. If not, I as ever would prefer to keep him going and let him leave on a free but doubt Ashley agrees.  :frantic:

Guest VaVaVoom

If there was ever an exception to giving players approaching 30 a long term deal then this man is it.

He doesn't rely on pace, and is exactly the sort of player who imo will improve in his early 30's. He looks after himself, and is such a clever defender.

The best central defender we have had at the club, certainly in the modern era, and that includes Woodgate.

100%. I think one word sums up the guy....Class...He oozes it!

I love how calm and composed he is in tight spots, i thought we had lost that ability to play our way out of trouble with ease when Enrique left but it is lookin like him and Santon have a pretty solid understanding too!

Get the contract signed KingColo! Thread name change?

Guest palnese

I guess he'd like to play in the CL before he retires.

I've never really expected him to sign a new contract, and will be very surprised if he does sign a new one.

One can only hope.

Guest VaVaVoom

If we stay were we are(tough task but its highly possible) i dont see Colo leaving.....

Hurry up Ashley and give the man what he wants  O0

I think that (our league position) and us not selling any key players is what would convince him to sign a new deal. Like i said before i honestly think he will sign it at the end of Jan/Start of Feb.

I think (just my gut hah) he's wondering if any of the big prestigous european champions league teams are interested in him. He's good enough for any team imo, but he's also somehow a bit low profile...which hopefully will stay that way.

Guest VaVaVoom

I guess he'd like to play in the CL before he retires.

I've never really expected him to sign a new contract, and will be very surprised if he does sign a new one.

One can only hope.

He's played in the CL no?

I honestly think he wants to see us do well. See what we have started through. Pride innit.

100%. I think one word sums up the guy....Class...He oozes it!

I love how calm and composed he is in tight spots, i thought we had lost that ability to play our way out of trouble with ease when Enrique left but it is lookin like him and Santon have a pretty solid understanding too!

Get the contract signed KingColo! Thread name change?

Get the contract signed? How do you even know they've offered him a contract?