Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Said it before, but Shola definitely needs a testimonial. Get Bobby's team back and all the proceeds can go to his foundation. Also, they need to have Carl Cort there so him and Shola can wear each others shirts.

Guest Loven11

FABRICIO COLOCCINI has revealed he would have regretted it for life had he quit Newcastle United in the aftermath of relegation.

Now, with the Magpies dreaming of the Champions League next season, Coloccini admits he has to pinch himself as he captains a team on the brink of Europe just two years after away days at Plymouth and Scunthorpe.

Coloccini opted to stay on Tyneside when the likes of Obafemi Martins, Habib Beye, Damien Duff and Seb Bassong moved on for bigger things.

The defender – who can lead United into fourth place today against Stoke City – told the Chronicle: “People left and I suppose I could have too.

“I was thinking ‘I have a black star on my career CV’ because we were going down.

“But I felt responsibility and wanted to turn it around. I wanted to fix the damage and repair things.”

And Coloccini has certainly done that with some aplomb, with United in with a shout of joining Bayern Munich, AC Milan and Real Madrid on Europe’s top table next term.

When asked if he would have regretted leaving, he said: “Yes, but I wanted to stay. I was happy here.

“Now it would be our dream to get in the Champions League.

“But we’ll soon wake up if we don’t focus on the last five games.”

Nevertheless, a win against Stoke would all but confirm a place in the Europa League this weekend if Everton and Liverpool don’t win against Manchester United and West Brom respectively.

Coloccini said: “We’re happy because we are near to confirmation we’ll be in the Europa League.

“It’s all good news at Newcastle. The fans can be happy going into the final five games.”

Coloccini also feels that those who wrote the Magpies off last summer have been proved wrong – although, he did accept that survival was a primary aim last July when he was appointed captain, an aim that was passed in style some time ago.

The Argentina international said: “At the start of the season we started to think about getting 45 points first.

“The first aim was to be in the Premier League next season. But we did well throughout the season. We’ve kept our feet on the floor. That is the reason why we are fighting for a European position.”

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/04/21/fabricio-coloccini-pleased-he-stayed-at-nufc-72703-30806324/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter#ixzz1sfTiSBLU

Leaving us really is a curse like :lol: Bassong was quality (despite the odd naive pull back/moment) but all have pretty much faded away whilst Colo sits proud as captain of a side that could potentially finish 3rd in the premier league.

Now print that out and stick it around the training ground, cheers :D

FABRICIO COLOCCINI has revealed he would have regretted it for life had he quit Newcastle United in the aftermath of relegation.

Now, with the Magpies dreaming of the Champions League next season, Coloccini admits he has to pinch himself as he captains a team on the brink of Europe just two years after away days at Plymouth and Scunthorpe.

Coloccini opted to stay on Tyneside when the likes of Obafemi Martins, Habib Beye, Damien Duff and Seb Bassong moved on for bigger things.

The defender – who can lead United into fourth place today against Stoke City – told the Chronicle: “People left and I suppose I could have too.

“I was thinking ‘I have a black star on my career CV’ because we were going down.

“But I felt responsibility and wanted to turn it around. I wanted to fix the damage and repair things.”

And Coloccini has certainly done that with some aplomb, with United in with a shout of joining Bayern Munich, AC Milan and Real Madrid on Europe’s top table next term.

When asked if he would have regretted leaving, he said: “Yes, but I wanted to stay. I was happy here.

Nevertheless, a win against Stoke would all but confirm a place in the Europa League this weekend if Everton and Liverpool don’t win against Manchester United and West Brom respectively.

Coloccini said: “We’re happy because we are near to confirmation we’ll be in the Europa League.

“It’s all good news at Newcastle. The fans can be happy going into the final five games.”

Coloccini also feels that those who wrote the Magpies off last summer have been proved wrong – although, he did accept that survival was a primary aim last July when he was appointed captain, an aim that was passed in style some time ago.

The Argentina international said: “At the start of the season we started to think about getting 45 points first.

“The first aim was to be in the Premier League next season. But we did well throughout the season. We’ve kept our feet on the floor. That is the reason why we are fighting for a European position.”

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/04/21/fabricio-coloccini-pleased-he-stayed-at-nufc-72703-30806324/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter#ixzz1sfTiSBLU

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lznxsryJRP1r3zat8.gif

Leaving us really is a curse like :lol: Bassong was quality (despite the odd naive pull back/moment) but all have pretty much faded away whilst Colo sits proud as captain of a side that could potentially finish 3rd in the premier league.

Now print that out and stick it around the training ground, cheers :D

It kind of has been for quite some time. The only players that really have excelled are Scott Parker and James Milner, Damien Duff has rediscovered some sort of form, Aaron Hughes has maintained his level of performances, Bellamy has enjoyed success to some extent.. but struggling to think of many others? Even going back over the years.

Bassong (loaned), Given (Villa are shit) , Carroll :lol:, Enrique (benched), Barton (occasionally benched), Nolan (might stay in Championship), Beye (Doncaster), Owen :lol:, N'Zogbia (did well initially, faded at Villa), Martins (Rubin Kazan), Jenas (loaned), Dyer (never did well), Emre (back to Turkey).

<< here >>

People talk about my hair a lot. Would I shave it off if we got promoted? No, no, but maybe one day. We should go up, so that is not something I will consider. But I would happily shave it all off if we can qualify for the Champions League.

It seems a very long way off at the moment, but Newcastle are a club with the potential to play in the Champions League again. It would be fantastic and if it happens I’ll cut my hair completely off to celebrate.

Someone should post that on Sammy's twitter. :lol:

:iamatwat:

If it does get to the stage where it looks like we'll get it, we need to do a campaign to stop him from cutting it off

Totally agree. His hair is his power! :shifty:

Personally I'd hate to see him cut it all off.

I reckon it would grow back within an hour.