Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Guest bimpy474

Not sure what the backer would get out of it.

Colo's presence in selling their product, if say it's a backer who sells things back in Argentina maybe ?

I read somewhere yesterday that there was a local businessman who they were hoping would loan them the money but it would take the club a long time to pay him back.

Yeah - I read that they now had a backer in place too.

Colo out and Mbwia in isn't the worst thing to happen to us (if both go through)

We were worried about replacing his quality, from reports this lad is the biz and a lot younger. Think Cabaye will make a better captain as well.

As soon as the MBwia interest took a sharp turn upwards and contract reports of £60kpw it was only ever going to be one in one out. Lets hope we've told him he goes nowhere unless we get a replacement, and even after that we want paying.

Colo out and Mbwia in isn't the worst thing to happen to us (if both go through)

We were worried about replacing his quality, from reports this lad is the biz and a lot younger. Think Cabaye will make a better captain as well.

As soon as the MBwia interest took a sharp turn upwards and contract reports of £60kpw it was only ever going to be one in one out. Lets hope we've told him he goes nowhere unless we get a replacement, and even after that we want paying.

Aye but this lad is stepping into a relegation battle and may need time to settle where as Colo has shit loads of experience.  He has to be here until may im afraid.

Guest ItalianMagpie

I know this might not make sense, but i hoping that if Colo goes now it might mean someone else stepping up and rallying the players. No disrespect to Colo but as he wants to go then surely that must be having an effect on his teammates. It's natural for a team to look up to their skipper, and right now they see a man not committed to the club or them.

Just clutching at straws like.

I don't think the horrible show we're watching every week is largely due to Colo's wanting to leave, it can't be.

But you've got a point there though.

Guest bimpy474

I know this might not make sense, but i hoping that if Colo goes now it might mean someone else stepping up and rallying the players. No disrespect to Colo but as he wants to go then surely that must be having an effect on his teammates. It's natural for a team to look up to their skipper, and right now they see a man not committed to the club or them.

Just clutching at straws like.

I don't think the horrible show we're watching every week is largely due to Colo's wanting to leave, it can't be.

But you've got a point there though.

I wasn't thinking that way mate, i put the way we have been playing down to the idiot manager. I just think now, if the Captain was to get the players together, you really want it to be someone who isn't itching to leave.

Colo can't be faulted for effort, he has played fine, it's behind the scenes i'm more aiming at.

Aye but this lad is stepping into a relegation battle and may need time to settle where as Colo has shit loads of experience.  He has to be here until may im afraid.

Absolutely right. Would like to see the club put their foot down on this. We need Colo desperately. Tell him he can go at the end of the season.

As TT says, though, the writing is pretty much on the wall if rumours of the 60k contract for M'Biwa are true.

Guest bimpy474

Did Newcastle Brown Ale not help pay for Keegan when he came? Sure I've read that somewhere, and their brand was plastered everywhere on any photos I've seen.

This is what i meant, Colo promoting a product for the backer whoever they are. Obviously guessing but hey.

Did Newcastle Brown Ale not help pay for Keegan when he came? Sure I've read that somewhere, and their brand was plastered everywhere on any photos I've seen.

They did, put money up for it but I think they were already the sponsor of the club.

Not sounding too good. If the Mbiwa transfer goes through by all accounts he is the real deal, but it still means Williamson is getting a game. We could have Thiago Silva next to him and I still wouldn't be confident.

http://i.imgur.com/5MjNh8w.png

A backer? ???

Someone who'll stump up the cash on behalf of San Lorenzo presumably.

That's what I thought, but who?

Erm...Were Ryder and Douglas going to just toss it out like there? Thought talks were to happen and things were still up in air...his tweet makes this sound way more like its decided already.