Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Guest icemanblue

Not entirely sure how I'd feel if the final decision was between us and San Lorenzo, like. I'm sure we're more than happy to say an emphatic no to them, but what kind of Colo would that leaves us with? I can't believe that he wouldn't be professional about it, but that's based on his former, reliable, behaviour.

Guest bimpy474

Never understood full-grown professional athletes having their dads, uncles negotiating for them/pulling strings/etc. Trying to imagine bringing my old man to work to negotiate a new contract for me, he'd tell them to fire me.

It doesn't matter how old your children are, you still see them as children, and you never quite let them grow up with sticking your nose in.

Nah I get that, but at some point you gotta let them do them. Colo's a 30-year old man, don't understand why he can't fight his own battles.

Tbh, I'd be mad as hell if my old man was sticking his neck out to the media and putting out all this bullshit.

My youngest is so mental i don't think i could ever release him into the wild. Parents are a nightmare, as i'm finding out as one.

http://rockandcloss.fmrockandpop.com/2013/01/21/coloccini-a-san-lorenzo/

Anyone speak Spanish(?)? The main comments have been reported obviously.

One of the longest novels this transfer market is negotiation that is keeping San Lorenzo by Fabricio Coloccini , who is difficult to exit Newcastle . Anyway, Osvaldo, player's father and CEO of Cyclone lower division, said that tomorrow is the day that defines key to everything:

"Today there was a meeting inconclusive defined morning"

"Fabricio is very anxious, want a definition, for better or for worse. I think it's time to return to San Lorenzo. By the two's desire to make the pass ""

In the last hours, the English joined a central, although this does not mean anything, said: "They were looking for an alternative in that position." He added:

"In Newcastle asked to wait until May. The issue is whether San Lorenzo is waiting until that date "

Finally, Bernardo Romeo, manager of Cyclone, from Salta said:

"We need a center. We are waiting. Let us have faith that you can give. Let's find someone if it is not Fabricio "

The audio's on there, is what I meant. :laugh:

If it is a terminal illness, and the club aren't saying anything publicly out of respect, then for the dad and the club to go banging the drum about it in public is extraordinarily classless. They could've had the meeting without telling anyone and come to the same conclusion, if it's something that serious.

It's the dad/club thing that is really making me bitter about the whole thing. Just seems very convenient that the father works for a potless club that could end up attracting a £10m+ rated player for fuck all because of 'personal reasons'.

Not only that but they have bleated about it in the media constantly and even had the cheek to set deadlines.

That's the bit I don't get. If his wife is properly in a bad way then I can't believe his Dad/Lorenzo would be spouting all this shite.

It would be incredibly insensitive imho.

Sound like if/when they get him, they'll be high-fiving all round, literally cock-a-hoop that he's sign for them. Would you honestly get on like that if he was facing a potentially life changing future?

Bazaar, and not at all believeable if you ask me.

Never understood full-grown professional athletes having their dads, uncles negotiating for them/pulling strings/etc. Trying to imagine bringing my old man to work to negotiate a new contract for me, he'd tell them to fire me.

It doesn't matter how old your children are, you still see them as children, and you never quite let them grow up with sticking your nose in.

Nah I get that, but at some point you gotta let them do them. Colo's a 30-year old man, don't understand why he can't fight his own battles.

Tbh, I'd be mad as hell if my old man was sticking his neck out to the media and putting out all this bullshit.

Unless Colo is complicit and just doesn't want to burn his bridges with us lot.

I fully believe that's the case, unfortunately.

Assuming he really does want to leave, what would you be satisfied with as a transfer fee?

It doesn't really matter does it? It's what the club would be satisfied with. Personally reckon they'd happily takeat £4-5 million. They'd be relatively happy to have an older player with depreciating value replaced by cheaper guys, IMO. That said, it doesn't seem that SL are even capable of paying that.

I reckon if he does stay, it'll be down to Pardew's desire to keep him rather than the board's. He mentioned before that it was very much his pushing that got him nailed down long-term.

Don't think he will go now due to our position in the league. We obviously just have to be very careful and hear his side and be seen to be understanding I imagine rather than just piss Colo off and have a Tevez situation on our hands.

Assuming he really does want to leave, what would you be satisfied with as a transfer fee?

It doesn't really matter does it? It's what the club would be satisfied with. Personally reckon they'd happily takeat £4-5 million. They'd be relatively happy to have an older player with depreciating value replaced by cheaper guys, IMO. That said, it doesn't seem that SL are even capable of paying that.

Of course it doesn't really matter, but I'd be more okay with it if we got £7-8 million, considering our transfer policy being seemingly contingent on what we make off sales. Just can't see Ashley, of all people, letting him scamper-off for less than what they think he's worth.

And if SL can't realistically pay, maybe we'd get a youngster in return as well?

Maybe his falling out with Pardew was more troublesome than previously thought. If true i know which one i'd want to keep.

We've had rumours of him playing away and his wife being ill, the only thing we know for certain is that he and Pardew had a falling out.

Guest chicken little

"Today there was a meeting inconclusive defined morning"

"Fabricio is very anxious, want a definition, for better or for worse. I think it's time to return to San Lorenzo. By the two's desire to make the pass ""

as good as gone  :no:

No ill wife, no baby, no personal problems apart from massive regrets on signing a new deal and he wants a free transfer home.

He's an asset worth a value, it's why he gets paid so much and if he wants to go back home he/a club/sponsors need to pay up.

Starting to get fucking sick of his poor me attitude the fucking state where in, which a daft sending off, injuries on NT duty plus average performances haven't helped.

Selfish cunt. Strip him of the captaincy as well, give it to Cabaye, someone who wants to be here and actually wants to get us going again no leave at the earliest opportunity.

Bo selector looking cunt.

£6m and Stracquelursi on loan.  f*** 'em.

Tim Vickery on the world football phone in was saying that if they really do want Colo and have no money then we should at the very least demand 5 of their best players. Some of them are very good and could jump into the first team according to him or at least get them to arrange loan deals to Spanish/Italian clubs whereby we keep the registrations of the players to sell them on in the future (or have them here later if they qualify for EU passports). Not gonna happen like :lol:

Guest bimpy474

Maybe his falling out with Pardew was more troublesome than previously thought. If true i know which one i'd want to keep.

We've had rumours of him playing away and his wife being ill, the only thing we know for certain is that he and Pardew had a falling out.

I suppose it'll be interesting to know the real truth when it does come out.

Starting to think these personal reasons are a load of bollocks and that's very disappinting. Colo, a man who has been the ultimate professional, suddenly wants to leave a club he 'loves' to effectively end his career? San Lorenzo will still be there in 2 or 3 years. I don't get why he'd want to move and I don't get why now. To say it would leave a sour taste would be an understatement. What sort of captain abandons his team in a crisis? I hope the truth comes out because I don't want to think ill of Colo :(

Starting to think these personal reasons are a load of bollocks and that's very disappinting. Colo, a man who has been the ultimate professional, suddenly wants to leave a club he 'loves' to effectively end his career? San Lorenzo will still be there in 2 or 3 years. I don't get why he'd want to move and I don't get why now. To say it would leave a sour taste would be an understatement. What sort of captain abandons his team in a crisis? I hope the truth comes out because I don't want to think ill of Colo :(

His father might not be there then.

Really don't want to feel the worst about the situation but it's difficult.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8421923/

Newcastle United defender Fabricio Coloccini's father has revealed he expects a decision to be made over his son's future on Tuesday.

Coloccini has told the club that he would like to leave St James' Park during the current transfer window to return to his native Argentina due to personal reasons.

United boss Alan Pardew has said he is still hopeful of persuading the 30-year-old to stay on Tyneside but Osvaldo Coloccini, who is a director of youth football at San Lorenzo, has told a local radio station that his son is still keen to seal a move to the Argentinian side.

"There was an inconclusive meeting today," Coloccini Snr told Rock and Closs on Monday. "Tomorrow there will be a decision. We both desire the transfer.

"Fabricio is very anxious. He wants a decision to be made one way or another. I believe this is the moment to move.

"Newcastle have asked him to wait until May. The issue is if San Lorenzo will wait until that date.

"It would be beautiful if both of us were at San Lorenzo, the club we love. Fabricio is eager to return but he wants to do so in an elegant way."