Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Guest icemanblue

Disgusted by this whole thing tbh. It's a ludicrous situation.

It's completely ridiculous. There is no 'graceful exit' now or at the end of the season. He signed a contract with the intention of near finishing his career here. He's an absolute hero but is treating us with very little respect.

Obviously, all of the above doesn't apply if it's down to his wife having some kind of terminal illness.

Guest neesy111

It's completely ridiculous. There is no 'graceful exit' now or at the end of the season. He signed a contract with the intention of near finishing his career here. He's an absolute hero but is treating us with very little respect.

Obviously, all of the above doesn't apply if it's down to his wife having some kind of terminal illness.

:thup:

Agree. If we stay up, hopefully we get a proper explanation for this shit. Though arguably the disruption can't really do us any more damage right now.

Guest tollemache

If it is a terminal illness, and the club aren't saying anything publicly out of respect, then for the dad and the club to go banging the drum about it in public is extraordinarily classless. They could've had the meeting without telling anyone and come to the same conclusion, if it's something that serious. It's not like the father agitating in the press will have any bearing on a decision like that anyway. Cunts.

Guest bimpy474

If his wife has a terminal illness i dont think there would even be the discussions and meetings. He would be rightly let home, with the contract to be sorted out later imo.

If it is a terminal illness, and the club aren't saying anything publicly out of respect, then for the dad and the club to go banging the drum about it in public is extraordinarily classless. They could've had the meeting without telling anyone and come to the same conclusion, if it's something that serious. It's not like the father agitating in the press will have any bearing on a decision like that anyway. Cunts.

:thup:

It's fishy as fuck. If he just doesn't want to play for us anymore, then I'm not sure what to think about that.

If it is a terminal illness, and the club aren't saying anything publicly out of respect, then for the dad and the club to go banging the drum about it in public is extraordinarily classless. They could've had the meeting without telling anyone and come to the same conclusion, if it's something that serious.

It's the dad/club thing that is really making me bitter about the whole thing. Just seems very convenient that the father works for a potless club that could end up attracting a £10m+ rated player for fuck all because of 'personal reasons'.

Not only that but they have bleated about it in the media constantly and even had the cheek to set deadlines.

Never understood full-grown professional athletes having their dads, uncles negotiating for them/pulling strings/etc. Trying to imagine bringing my old man to work to negotiate a new contract for me, he'd tell them to fire me.

Guest bimpy474

Maybe his falling out with Pardew was more troublesome than previously thought. If true i know which one i'd want to keep.

Guest icemanblue

That's what doesn't add up for me, like. I wouldn't have the first clue about the personality of Coloccini Snr, but I can't believe he wouldn't have at least mentioned once the reason why his son needs to return home. Every comment he makes is centred around his desire to join the club.

Guest bimpy474

Never understood full-grown professional athletes having their dads, uncles negotiating for them/pulling strings/etc. Trying to imagine bringing my old man to work to negotiate a new contract for me, he'd tell them to fire me.

It doesn't matter how old your children are, you still see them as children, and you never quite let them grow up with sticking your nose in.

Guest bimpy474

Rupert Fryer ‏@Rupert_Fryer

And San Lorenzo are also reported to now be looking at another defender - Mauro Cetto - amid suggestions they are ready to concede defeat.

They said that days ago tbh.

Guest bimpy474

That's what doesn't add up for me, like. I wouldn't have the first clue about the personality of Coloccini Snr, but I can't believe he wouldn't have at least mentioned once the reason why his son needs to return home. Every comment he makes is centred around his desire to join the club.

Aye, only ever about San Lorenzo.

It doesn't matter how old your children are, you still see them as children, and you never quite let them grow up with sticking your nose in.

Nah I get that, but at some point you gotta let them do them. Colo's a 30-year old man, don't understand why he can't fight his own battles.

Tbh, I'd be mad as hell if my old man was sticking his neck out to the media and putting out all this bullshit.

Rupert Fryer ‏@Rupert_Fryer

And San Lorenzo are also reported to now be looking at another defender - Mauro Cetto - amid suggestions they are ready to concede defeat.

'Yeah well...if you don't give us Coloccini for free we'll sign another player...Mauro Cetto'

'Ok'

'No no no...wait! We'll give you another week to decide.'

http://rockandcloss.fmrockandpop.com/2013/01/21/coloccini-a-san-lorenzo/

Anyone speak Spanish(?)? The main comments have been reported obviously.

One of the longest novels this transfer market is negotiation that is keeping San Lorenzo by Fabricio Coloccini , who is difficult to exit Newcastle . Anyway, Osvaldo, player's father and CEO of Cyclone lower division, said that tomorrow is the day that defines key to everything:

"Today there was a meeting inconclusive defined morning"

"Fabricio is very anxious, want a definition, for better or for worse. I think it's time to return to San Lorenzo. By the two's desire to make the pass ""

In the last hours, the English joined a central, although this does not mean anything, said: "They were looking for an alternative in that position." He added:

"In Newcastle asked to wait until May. The issue is whether San Lorenzo is waiting until that date "

Finally, Bernardo Romeo, manager of Cyclone, from Salta said:

"We need a center. We are waiting. Let us have faith that you can give. Let's find someone if it is not Fabricio "

Nah I get that, but at some point you gotta let them do them. Colo's a 30-year old man, don't understand why he can't fight his own battles.

Tbh, I'd be mad as hell if my old man was sticking his neck out to the media and putting out all this bullshit.

Unless Colo is complicit and just doesn't want to burn his bridges with us lot.