Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

It's absolutely typical of this season that we persuade him to stay for the rest of the season and now he's likely to be missing for all of it anyway.

Aye, we give him a 4 year contract which a fair few didn't expect us to give him, within a year he's wanting to leave.

We convince him to stay until May, he gets injured and goes home anyway. :lol:

Absolutely ludicrous isn't it. I just hope he's replaced. MYM has probably shown enough to say he can be our main defender but like f*** do we want to be relying on Saylor and Williamson AGAIN.

It could actually work out well, he might be able to use his time to sort his family problems out while he's injured, we'll see.

I'll wager Inoffthebrownchi doesn't quote this.

Aye Mick lets hope so. I just want this season to f*** off to be honest, hopefully we'll save it with the EL.

I still have hope that this season can improve, we have the players to make that happen.

Aye Mick lets hope so. I just want this season to fuck off to be honest, hopefully we'll save it with the EL.

Knowing our luck we will get to the final, the day before Taylor gets injured, MYM already suspended and we are left with Perch and Williamson.

Knowing our luck we will get to the final, the day before Taylor gets injured, MYM already suspended and we are left with Perch and Williamson.

We will win something sooner or later so our luck will change, in all probability, I'll not be around to see it as I doubt it'll be in the near future.  When we get to finals we face champions, unlike Swansea who get to one final and it's against Bradford who are at this time are one of the worst teams in league football.

We will win something sooner or later so our luck will change, in all probability, I'll not be around to see it as I doubt it'll be in the near future.  When we get to finals we face champions, unlike Swansea who get to one final and it's against Bradford who are at this time are one of the worst teams in league football.

Them 2 finals against double/treble winners and the scandalously unlucky loss to Chelsea at Wembley with Villa waiting to be beat in the Final sums that post up.

Aye the teams who've won cups lately who you wouldn't have expected to, tend to do it against teams even worse than they are (Boro v Bolton, Pompey v Cardiff and Swansea v Bradford being examples). We're never that lucky.

Swansea had to defeat Chelsea over 2 legs. Pompey had to beat Man Utd at Old Trafford along the way too. It's not all luck.

Not buying this like.  He miraculously gets a bad injury just after wanting to leave and go to Argentina.  Nice that it was just enough time for MYM to bed in too.  I believe he's played his last game for us.

Not buying this like.  He miraculously gets a bad injury just after wanting to leave and go to Argentina.  Nice that it was just enough time for MYM to bed in too.  I believe he's played his last game for us.

:lol:

He'd do well to fake an X Ray.

:lol:

He'd do well to fake an X Ray.

Who said he'd faked an x-ray?

Would be good though, if before the last home game of the season it's confirmed he's definitely leaving, if we have a 'Coloccini Day', like Villa fans had for Mellberg a few years ago where they dressed in yellow, wore Viking hats, etc. or like Arsenal did for Bergkamp's last game. Everyone bringing wigs etc would be a good send off.

Would be good though, if before the last home game of the season it's confirmed he's definitely leaving, if we have a 'Coloccini Day', like Villa fans had for Mellberg a few years ago where they dressed in yellow, wore Viking hats, etc. or like Arsenal did for Bergkamp's last game. Everyone bringing wigs etc would be a good send off.

No.

You're assuming he's injured.

It's an easy assumption to make considering the injury happened in view of everybody at the game.  Making an assumption that he's not injured seems to be the least likely assumption to make.

No.

It's absolutely typical of this season that we persuade him to stay for the rest of the season and now he's likely to be missing for all of it anyway.

Aye, we give him a 4 year contract which a fair few didn't expect us to give him, within a year he's wanting to leave.

Absolutely ludicrous isn't it. I just hope he's replaced. MYM has probably shown enough to say he can be our main defender but like f*** do we want to be relying on Saylor and Williamson AGAIN.

It could actually work out well, he might be able to use his time to sort his family problems out while he's injured, we'll see.

Perhaps too much wishful thinking there but fuck it, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

You mad.

Colos last season here has been a shambles to be fair. Top top player when his attitude and body are in good condition. This season he's played maybe 2 good games and has been pretty unprofessional in dealing with his issues as club captain. Think it will be best if we move on from Captain Colo next season.

Colos last season here has been a shambles to be fair. Top top player when his attitude and body are in good condition. This season he's played maybe 2 good games and has been pretty unprofessional in dealing with his issues as club captain. Think it will be best if we move on from Captain Colo next season.

Based on this seasons performances he's easily replaced. We've a better captain ready as well in Cabaye.

Based on this seasons performances he's easily replaced. We've a better captain ready as well in Cabaye.

'easily replaced'?

If we find and bring in another Colo quality player I'd be both impressed and delighted. Seems far from an easy ask to me.