Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Imperious today. Yanga-Mbiwa is a talent but we look a different proposition with Colo back.

The difference between the two is the massive amounts of calm and composure which oozes from Colo.

Obviously he's a lot more experienced and it shows but still.

Guest icemanblue

People advocating leaving him out for the rest of the season, man. :lol:

Beast today, feel a lot more confident with him back there.

The importance of his communication and familiar partnership with Saylor was clearly evident today. Playing 3 of the regular back 4 we had for years improved us immensely and gave us the platform to build our play, and as a result the first half performance was the first time I've seen the players play as a team this season. I'll keep Simpson at RB for the last 2 games, we need that solidity at the back.

As much as we'll miss him for his footballing ability we'll miss him even more for his leadership skills.

Give me a break, man. There's no leadership in any of that lot.

What you on about? So Colo isn't a leader then? :lol:

As much as we'll miss him for his footballing ability we'll miss him even more for his leadership skills.

In Ronaldo's world a leader is a local lad who waves his arms around and points to other people to do the actual defending. Even when we lose 3-0 and 6-0 at home to the biggest cunts on the planet.

In Ronaldo's world a leader is a local lad who waves his arms around and points to other people to do the actual defending. Even when we lose 3-0 and 6-0 at home to the biggest cunts on the planet.

You gotta love TRon, like. :lol: Wanders around the forum projecting his lunatic falsities and misconceptions around onto whichever poster he disagrees with.

In my world a leader is someone who doesn't try to abandon ship halfway through a tough season and doesn't put his head down and stop trying when we're getting dicked by Arsenal.

As a defender he's the best I've seen in a Toon shirt - and I was one of the few defending him in 2009 when the likes of TRon was saying he wouldn't do well for us in the Championship - and he played well today but he's no captain. Those citing us missing his leadership as a big reason why we're 17th should probably consider how much difference he would have made (had he stayed fit) if we hasn't signed the likes of Sissoko in January. We'd already be down by now.

Our most important player by a million miles! The best centre half you'll see playing for us!

Agreed, we really have to do everything we can to keep him.