Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Simon Bird ‏@simonbirdmirror 3m

Pards on Coloccini in Chron: “I was a little bit disappointed with some of the Press about that."

Expand

The club captain asks to quit mid-season for mystery reasons. Apologies for thinking that was a story and asking lots of questions about it.

It was only a mystery too them because we said it was personal. That wasn't good enough for the press who wanted Colo to tell the whole world what his private problems were. Can't stand the press, they are horrible hounding wankers who love to try and bring this club down at any given opportunity.

Us against the world attitude. I like it  :snod:

Completely agree. No idea why Bird's got his knickers in a twist, I doubt Pardew was objecting to the literal reporting of the story... more the speculation about the private reasons etc.

..... about the only sensible thing JFK has ever said when he described him........

Guest Phil K

Pards on Coloccini in Chron: “I was a little bit disappointed with some of the Press about that."

Expand

The club captain asks to quit mid-season for mystery reasons. Apologies for thinking that was a story and asking lots of questions about it.

It was only a mystery too them because we said it was personal. That wasn't good enough for the press who wanted Colo to tell the whole world what his private problems were. Can't stand the press, they are horrible hounding w*****s who love to try and bring this club down at any given opportunity.

Us against the world attitude. I like it  :snod:

Completely agree. No idea why Bird's got his knickers in a twist, I doubt Pardew was objecting to the literal reporting of the story... more the speculation about the private reasons etc.

Not the first time Birdy's  done this. I recall a similar sneering attack on the fans our first season back, then he does exactly what he was sneering at US about (persecution complex, wasn't it Simon ?)

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/coloccini-back-early-but-cisse-misses-training-1-5857679

Coloccini back early – but Cisse misses training

FABRICIO Coloccini’s returned to training at Newcastle United early – and reiterated his commitment to the club.

Coloccini wasn’t due back on Tyneside until later this week, but the defender was back training with his team-mates yesterday.

However, striker Papiss Demba Cisse – who is unwilling to wear a Wonga-branded jersey this coming season on religious grounds – wasn’t seen at the club’s Benton training ground.

United manager Alan Pardew – who has held talks with previously unsettled Coloccini – said the 31-year-old had “the bit between his teeth” after committing his future to the club and ending months of speculation.

And his presence on Tyneside several days before he was due back underlines Pardew’s comments.

Pardew is hoping for a similarly successful resolution with Cisse.

Talks are ongoing with Cisse, a devout Muslim, and his representatives, but the situation is a delicate one, and the 28-year-old’s future at the club appears to be in the balance.

didn't see the game, don't want to read the entire match thread, what caused it if anything ?

The Paços guy reacted poorly to being wrestled to the ground by Colo from a FK when being potentially in behind our defence. It was simmering prior to this though without boiling over.

didn't see the game, don't want to read the entire match thread, what caused it if anything ?

The Paços guy reacted poorly to being wrestled to the ground by Colo from a FK when being potentially in behind our defence. It was simmering prior to this though without boiling over.

in what way did he react badly, verbals, push or what ?

in what way did he react badly, verbals, push or what ?

Got up in his face confrontationally without doing too much, maybe a chest bump (not 100% sure). Nothing that warranted the reaction anyway, especially in such a low key game.

The Paços guy got sent off n all like, IMO that was harsh.

Maybe he had Lee Novak on his mind

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01448/Fabricio-Coloccini_1448159c.jpg

Novak spat at him, the disgusting little runt. Shame Colo didn't end his brain.